Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Dec 5th 2012, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

BlueBerryPie is on a distinguished road
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by carley_jackson
Just wanted to update, hubby has been sent a new medical request as the other one expired. (BECAUSE IT TOOK YOU 118 DAYS TO GET TO SPONSOR APPROVAL!!!!!) Here I was keeping my fingers and toes crossed that we might be one of the lucky ones who got the medical extension but this process has been a challenge for us since day 1 so I shouldn't really be surprised that there is YET another hurdle! Sorry for the moan.....its been a stressful day.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with taking the medical in Canada, called the DR who told us there were a couple different ways of doing it, she could send it to Ottawa or for a further $100 straight to London. Seems odd that there was even an option? Also I thought i'd read that the medical requirements had changed but as far as I can see all we need to take is Appendix C, passport and photos, is that correct?
I applied outland although living in Calgary - I did my medical at a local doctor (there were 5 or so "approved" for CIC here). I think it was around 220 or something for the examination. Everyone else in there appeared to be doing the CIC application process since they all had similar paperwork - so I think that's likely that doctor's primary business. They almost mistakenly filed mine as "inland", I had to triple check with both the doctor and the receptionist that they were filing it correctly. If I didn't I suspect they'd have filed it incorrectly. They filed it to Ottawa and noted on the document that it was to be forwarded to London, UK - they mail it. He placed my "envelope" in a pile of around 20 others - they mail it all every Friday. I don't think there was any extra charge on my part for that.

BBP

PS. I should add that when I log in on the CIC site - my "medical information" is listed as "received". Thankfully, otherwise I'd still be second-guessing them (especially after Stuabroad's experience).

Last edited by BlueBerryPie; Dec 5th 2012 at 9:36 pm. Reason: see PS
Old Dec 6th 2012, 12:39 am
Just Joined

aquariusvn is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to update, hubby has been sent a new medical request as the other one expired. (BECAUSE IT TOOK YOU 118 DAYS TO GET TO SPONSOR APPROVAL!!!!!) Here I was keeping my fingers and toes crossed that we might be one of the lucky ones who got the medical extension but this process has been a challenge for us since day 1 so I shouldn't really be surprised that there is YET another hurdle! Sorry for the moan.....its been a stressful day.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with taking the medical in Canada, called the DR who told us there were a couple different ways of doing it, she could send it to Ottawa or for a further $100 straight to London. Seems odd that there was even an option? Also I thought i'd read that the medical requirements had changed but as far as I can see all we need to take is Appendix C, passport and photos, is that correct?
Do you know why you can't have the medical extension ? My daughter's medical is expired last month at the same time when her application changed to "in process". I haven't received any request for new medical exam but I really hope for an extension.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

laurenhannah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jaquar
hi laurenhannah .. any news
Hi Jaquar,

first off, congratulations!! you must be so relieved!

As for us, our additional docs they needed arrived in London on Monday... i realized why they suddenly pulled a finger out and started processing ours is because my BF's MP in England contacted them! I wonder if that will have any affect on how fast they will finish the application as they replied to him very quick saying that the application is due to be completed within a week (obviously must of been before they requested additional docs)... im not sure how long i should expect til we hear a decision made now... any idea?? anyone??

What a great christmas present for you, congrats again!!
Old Dec 6th 2012, 2:54 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Medicals in Canada are assessed at the Ottawa facility and the results sent electronically to the visa office overseas.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

lindzation is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Medicals in Canada are assessed at the Ottawa facility and the results sent electronically to the visa office overseas.
Oh I see! cool!
Old Dec 6th 2012, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

That's crap, i feel for you as i had major issues with my medicals. I did my medical in Alberta, but used the form for those in the In Canada stream (at that point i didn't realise there was a London stream). Anyway i had already paid the money honey when i discovered my error. CIC told me on the phone that it didn't matter and not to worry - as ALL MEDICAL PAPERWORK now goes to the case processing center in Ottawa - which if i remember the conversation correctly is also part of the new Ottawa Pilot program. (At no point did the doc mention anything to me about paying an extra $100 to send directly to London (sounds dodgy) - maybe others can comment here).

Fast track to being In Process, you can read my previous posts to see London could not find my medicals. First they sent the email requesting this info to the wrong email address (it's too much common sense to CC the Sponsor apparently). But ECAS only said i was In Process 15 days after they requested that info on my Medicals. If i had waited 60 days after had they sent that email - which i never got due to their error - they would have closed my whole damned file. So it pays to regularaly check up on them if you think things are taking too long.

Going back to the medicals, the person in Ottawa filed the results in the wrong database (In Canada applicants). London cannot see that database. Several emails down the road they finally got their s*** together and found them, apologizing for the delay.

I sympathize, if anyone makes a mistake and the medicals run out of their valid time-span, then you're up a creek. I found all this out on my own by calling CIC helpline in Canada. London seem to be unconcerned about taking responsibility though - so you should absolutely do your best to escalate as much as you can.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laurenhannah
Hi Jaquar,

i realized why they suddenly pulled a finger out and started processing ours is because my BF's MP in England contacted them!
Old Dec 6th 2012, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

treemanstu will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by laurenhannah
Hi Jaquar,

first off, congratulations!! you must be so relieved!

As for us, our additional docs they needed arrived in London on Monday... i realized why they suddenly pulled a finger out and started processing ours is because my BF's MP in England contacted them! I wonder if that will have any affect on how fast they will finish the application as they replied to him very quick saying that the application is due to be completed within a week (obviously must of been before they requested additional docs)... im not sure how long i should expect til we hear a decision made now... any idea?? anyone??

What a great christmas present for you, congrats again!!
Ok can anyone enlighten me on how the MP is able to influence your process.

What did you say to your MP and what did they say to them?
Old Dec 6th 2012, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

carley_jackson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by stuabroad
That's crap, i feel for you as i had major issues with my medicals. I did my medical in Alberta, but used the form for those in the In Canada stream (at that point i didn't realise there was a London stream). Anyway i had already paid the money honey when i discovered my error. CIC told me on the phone that it didn't matter and not to worry - as ALL MEDICAL PAPERWORK now goes to the case processing center in Ottawa - which if i remember the conversation correctly is also part of the new Ottawa Pilot program. (At no point did the doc mention anything to me about paying an extra $100 to send directly to London (sounds dodgy) - maybe others can comment here).

Fast track to being In Process, you can read my previous posts to see London could not find my medicals. First they sent the email requesting this info to the wrong email address (it's too much common sense to CC the Sponsor apparently). But ECAS only said i was In Process 15 days after they requested that info on my Medicals. If i had waited 60 days after had they sent that email - which i never got due to their error - they would have closed my whole damned file. So it pays to regularaly check up on them if you think things are taking too long.

Going back to the medicals, the person in Ottawa filed the results in the wrong database (In Canada applicants). London cannot see that database. Several emails down the road they finally got their s*** together and found them, apologizing for the delay.

I sympathize, if anyone makes a mistake and the medicals run out of their valid time-span, then you're up a creek. I found all this out on my own by calling CIC helpline in Canada. London seem to be unconcerned about taking responsibility though - so you should absolutely do your best to escalate as much as you can.

I can 100% see why you sent the wrong form.....here's the great link we were sent in our email from london;

Please refer to the following link and take a completed Appendix C form to a designated panel physician for the completion of a medical examination http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cations/fc.asp

If you can find it easily you deserve a frickin medal.....(hint: it's in the guide to immigrating) why make things so god damn difficult all the bloody time???
Old Dec 7th 2012, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

lindzation is an unknown quantity at this point

I can 100% see why you sent the wrong form.....here's the great link we were sent in our email from london;

Please refer to the following link and take a completed Appendix C form to a designated panel physician for the completion of a medical examination http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cations/fc.asp

If you can find it easily you deserve a frickin medal.....(hint: it's in the guide to immigrating) why make things so god damn difficult all the bloody time???
We had filled out the wrong form apparently, but when my boyfriend brought it to the Doctors office they picked up on it and gave him the proper form to fill out.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant future

Something occurred to me earlier that I hadn't considered before...if your application is approved and you make the move to Canada, do you have to notify any of the various authorities in the UK that you've left the country? Or does it all get done automatically?
Old Dec 7th 2012, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

ECAS Decision made today...

With a bit of luck the pigeon won't gt lost on the way over the pond.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuabroad
ECAS Decision made today...

With a bit of luck the pigeon won't gt lost on the way over the pond.
Congratulations
Old Dec 7th 2012, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hawkeye84
Something occurred to me earlier that I hadn't considered before...if your application is approved and you make the move to Canada, do you have to notify any of the various authorities in the UK that you've left the country? Or does it all get done automatically?
You have to notify everyone. It is probably best to type up a standard letter and send it to everyone.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

JakeCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

I cant get on ecas, can any of you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.