Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 29th 2012, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by laurenhannah
Got an e-mail from London this morning. Our application is finally in process. They need some additional documents regarding us living together... i was a bit iffy on this before we sent our application as we had technically been 11 months into our current lease and rented weekly for a month before (to make up the year). We were so eager to apply we took a chance, but they've just asked for updated bank statements and renewed lease. Sending it all off today and hoping it all gets sorted ASAP. Nice to finally get some news that its being looked at even if they do need additional docs. I just hope it doesn't prolong things too much.

Sponsorship Approval was August 8.
Good news. Give them everything you have, too much is better than too little. Hopefully they will process it for you quickly.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

treemanstu will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by canadianbird
Hi All,
we sent our application off and they received it Aug 21st was approved as a sponsor on Oct 30th. I got permission to remove my kids from the jurisdiction on Nov 15th and have booked my flights for the 17th of January 2013 to return home to Canada with my husband. He has a job waiting (in my fathers company) and we have rented a house and bought a car Canada side !! I did put on my application that I was hoping to be in Canada by January 31st 2013.

My question is how much longer roughly, (I know all case differ but is there an average) is there a chance we may have it before we go? Also what happens when we move to Canada, do they just send hi PR visa to Canada or will he have to return to the UK? Will he need a return ticket or can we blag it by showing them the correspondence with CIC.

Thanks in advance
Normally It would at least 4months from the date of approval that you might hear from the London CIC, and that it an average from what I have seen on here.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

My question is how much longer roughly, (I know all case differ but is there an average) is there a chance we may have it before we go?

Thanks in advance
This is your best guide, but it's only a guide.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CJyi-IYE#gid=0
Old Nov 29th 2012, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

treemanstu will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
You're going mad.

Medical results received just means the DMP has sent your medicals and London has matched them up with your application.
Possibly so

Thanks for the clarification
Old Nov 29th 2012, 3:20 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
we sent our application off and they received it Aug 21st was approved as a sponsor on Oct 30th. I got permission to remove my kids from the jurisdiction on Nov 15th and have booked my flights for the 17th of January 2013 to return home to Canada with my husband. He has a job waiting (in my fathers company) and we have rented a house and bought a car Canada side !! I did put on my application that I was hoping to be in Canada by January 31st 2013.

My question is how much longer roughly, (I know all case differ but is there an average) is there a chance we may have it before we go? Also what happens when we move to Canada, do they just send hi PR visa to Canada or will he have to return to the UK? Will he need a return ticket or can we blag it by showing them the correspondence with CIC.

Thanks in advance
You MIGHT get it all by then, but it would be really optimistic, if I had to be honest. In our case, we had our PPR on 26 June. We procrastinated on sending back the passport, but we sent it about 4 weeks later, and then it took 4 weeks to get COPR... so if we had been with it, it would have been about 3 months total; Oct 30 to Jan 17 is oly 2.5 months so while it's possible I'd say it's pretty unlikely. (Sorry.)

(And I am only guessing! Clearly no one knows for sure!)
Old Nov 29th 2012, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

canadianbird is an unknown quantity at this point

I have fingers crossed !!
Old Nov 29th 2012, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

Sweden is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

Thanks in advance
As the others have said - you may have the COPR, or not... difficult to say.
If you move before the COPR, you can update your address through ecas ( there is a link "update your address", so they know that you are in Canada, and they will send the COPR there directly. You will then have to flagpole (go to the nearest US border and re-enter) to activate your PR ( but that's a 10min process,very easy).
At the border entering Canada: explain that you have a PR application on-going,print the sponsorship letter, and I would advise to have a print of your bank account to show sufficient funds for a return ticket. You may, or may not, be asked for all of that. I wasn't asked for anything, and just explained that I had come to Canada to stay with my partner and wait out my PR. Just avoid to say that you are coming to "live" in Canada, as technically you are on a tourist visa, hence "staying in Canada" is a better way to put it. Most people are given a 6 months entry stamp which is more than enough for completing the PR application.
Good luck,
Sweden
Old Nov 29th 2012, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

canadianbird is an unknown quantity at this point

If you move before the COPR, you can update your address through ecas ( there is a link "update your address", so they know that you are in Canada, and they will send the COPR there directly. You will then have to flagpole (go to the nearest US border and re-enter) to activate your PR ( but that's a 10min process,very easy).
At the border entering Canada: explain that you have a PR application on-going,print the sponsorship letter, and I would advise to have a print of your bank account to show sufficient funds for a return ticket. You may, or may not, be asked for all of that. I wasn't asked for anything, and just explained that I had come to Canada to stay with my partner and wait out my PR. Just avoid to say that you are coming to "live" in Canada, as technically you are on a tourist visa, hence "staying in Canada" is a better way to put it. Most people are given a 6 months entry stamp which is more than enough for completing the PR application.
Good luck,
Sweden
Thank you Sweden great heads up !! The main delay for us has was the court process to get permission to remove my my 10 and 14yr old (who both want to go) permanently from the jurisdiction to Canada, it took almost 2 years !! Kids need to be in school fro new semester in Feb and my daughter is anxious to get into the Canadian system and leave her GCSE's behind !!
Old Nov 29th 2012, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

lindzation is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by treemanstu
Possibly so

Thanks for the clarification
So if it says "Medical Results Received" on ECAS you could assume that London has your application?
Old Nov 29th 2012, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lindzation
So if it says "Medical Results Received" on ECAS you could assume that London has your application?
yes - that's a rather safe bet, since it means that they have received and matched them with your application, so it should be all good.
Good luck,
Sweden
Old Nov 29th 2012, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

lindzation is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sweden
yes - that's a rather safe bet, since it means that they have received and matched them with your application, so it should be all good.
Good luck,
Sweden
Awesome, thanks!
Old Nov 29th 2012, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

jaquar is an unknown quantity at this point

well something has began to move on my file ecas now showing " we started to process your file on 26th november " woohoo lol
Old Nov 29th 2012, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

jaquar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by laurenhannah
Got an e-mail from London this morning. Our application is finally in process. They need some additional documents regarding us living together... i was a bit iffy on this before we sent our application as we had technically been 11 months into our current lease and rented weekly for a month before (to make up the year). We were so eager to apply we took a chance, but they've just asked for updated bank statements and renewed lease. Sending it all off today and hoping it all gets sorted ASAP. Nice to finally get some news that its being looked at even if they do need additional docs. I just hope it doesn't prolong things too much.

Sponsorship Approval was August 8.
mine has gone in process too looks like things are moving , good news laurenhannah
Old Nov 29th 2012, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

IJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond repute

As stated earlier a decision has been made on my PR.

However, when I looked at the page again, I noticed there had been amendments to my address. The mailing address has stayed the same which is good! My home address, which is the same as my mailing address has just changed to Vancouver, BC, Canada. Before it was my full address in Vancouver.

Is this normal? Is it perhaps a glitch? Does it bode well as they are indicating that my home address is in Canada? Or should I be concerned?

Thanks
Old Nov 30th 2012, 12:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by IJ157
As stated earlier a decision has been made on my PR.

However, when I looked at the page again, I noticed there had been amendments to my address. The mailing address has stayed the same which is good! My home address, which is the same as my mailing address has just changed to Vancouver, BC, Canada. Before it was my full address in Vancouver.

Is this normal? Is it perhaps a glitch? Does it bode well as they are indicating that my home address is in Canada? Or should I be concerned?

Thanks
I don't think you should be concerned! I had no address (apart from the mailing one) on ecas for the longest time, and I also got one a few hours before getting "decision made", it only read "Vancouver, BC, Canada" as I had indicated that I intended to settle in Vancouver. A few days later I received the COPR in the mail, so most likely yours in on the way...
Ecas updates are not done by the VO apparently, but somewhere in Canada, so it's difficult to know what is going on... but if you have a straightforward case, there is no reason to deny you - so your COPR is on its way to you, and you can land soon!
Good luck, and congrats,
Sweden

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.