Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 20th 2012, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by richtee
Thanks! You cant be far away now
Its quite amusing to see your timeline on the spreadsheet with a red line surrounded by this sea of white boxes Will you be landing soon?

Not sure My Ecas is not budging, still saying Application Received so I have no idea where it is or whats it's doing. oh well I will be EXTREMELY happy if I hear by Hogmanay.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone quickly summarize the next steps once your app changes to 'In Process" - been looking through the previous posts but wanted to confirm.

Most people get a Decision Made via email, before web updates? Then you get a passport request from London where you send the photocopies to? When you get the paperwork returned that's when you can Flagpole?

Cheers
Old Oct 20th 2012, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

richtee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stuabroad
Can someone quickly summarize the next steps once your app changes to 'In Process" - been looking through the previous posts but wanted to confirm.

Most people get a Decision Made via email, before web updates? Then you get a passport request from London where you send the photocopies to? When you get the paperwork returned that's when you can Flagpole?

Cheers
I'm a bit fuzzy on some bits however ours was in process for only 4 days. I didn't get an email confirmation, the cic website went to decision made informing us of the decision . We didn't get a request for our passports (I think this step is no longer required for brits) but we got the copr forms in the post which are taken with us once we arrive in Canada.

Hope this helps
Old Oct 21st 2012, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
If you have provided everything needed then it will move to decision made.

If not they will request additional docs.

If it moves to decision made you will receive either a email or posted doc (posted doc seems to happen more) if its positive then you will just be sent your COPR in this posted document. You may have Passport copy request before COPR.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
If you have provided everything needed then it will move to decision made.

If not they will request additional docs.

If it moves to decision made you will receive either a email or posted doc (posted doc seems to happen more) if its positive then you will just be sent your COPR in this posted document. You may have Passport copy request before COPR.
thanks; so if the news is good, does the passport request come at the same time as the posted doc (or email)? I'm waiting to start a new job so it can't come quick enough
Old Oct 21st 2012, 6:53 am
Just Joined

vancouverpickles is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks; so if the news is good, does the passport request come at the same time as the posted doc (or email)? I'm waiting to start a new job so it can't come quick enough
I think this depends - it seems to vary. As was said it appears that British passports do not need a passport request as they do not need a counterfoil (counterfoils are not needed for visa-exempt passports). Some people get a passport request and others do not. Ours went from In Process to Decision Made within 2 days and the Decision Made happened on the same day the Confirmation of Permanent Residency came in the mail. We never received an email. You may be lucky like us and the COPR will just arrive in the post which you then use to land - it comes with a long document explaining the landing process. Everyone seems to be different so you just have to wait to see what happens. Hopefully it will be quick and easy!
Old Oct 21st 2012, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Bumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond repute

After a traumatic last couple of weeks we have finally got our COPR!

In a week where our all our worldly possessions were packed away, our house sale completed and the father in law sadly passed away we finally received the COPR.

After reading a post on here about cic not receiving payment which held up the whole process I sent CIC a message about our change of address and asked for an update. I didn't get an update but a few days later the website was updated and moved from 'medicals received' to 'in progress' a week after that we got the paper work through the post.

Just in time as we fly out on Nov 14th

Thanks to everyone on here for all their help.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 9:20 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear you've had such a tough time but glad some good news has come your way! Good luck with the move!
Old Oct 21st 2012, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bumblebee2
After a traumatic last couple of weeks we have finally got our COPR!

In a week where our all our worldly possessions were packed away, our house sale completed and the father in law sadly passed away we finally received the COPR.

I too am sorry you have had a stressful time, but that is great news about your COPR
Old Oct 21st 2012, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vancouverpickles
I think this depends - it seems to vary. As was said it appears that British passports do not need a passport request as they do not need a counterfoil (counterfoils are not needed for visa-exempt passports). Some people get a passport request and others do not. Ours went from In Process to Decision Made within 2 days and the Decision Made happened on the same day the Confirmation of Permanent Residency came in the mail. We never received an email. You may be lucky like us and the COPR will just arrive in the post which you then use to land - it comes with a long document explaining the landing process. Everyone seems to be different so you just have to wait to see what happens. Hopefully it will be quick and easy!
thx for the info
Old Oct 21st 2012, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Has anyone on this thread, ever had the decision being a NO?
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

bmccallion is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone ever been emailed asking for more info regarding lease agreements and bank accounts? Just heard from london today and they are asking for more evidence :S im starting to get worried
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bmccallion
Has anyone ever been emailed asking for more info regarding lease agreements and bank accounts? Just heard from london today and they are asking for more evidence :S im starting to get worried
yes people have been asked for more evidence in the past. I'm not at the stage quite yet. What did you submit and what have they asked for? usually they are just looking for a bit of extra documentation to back up your application.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

bmccallion is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chanceUK
yes people have been asked for more evidence in the past. I'm not at the stage quite yet. What did you submit and what have they asked for? usually they are just looking for a bit of extra documentation to back up your application.

Well it is asking for additional evidence to back up our application over 12 months such as updated lease agreements and joint bank accounts. I sent them the lease agreement we signed in september and our british joint bank accounts. But my spouse and I were living in Scotland for a year in one of his parents properties rent free, so while i was there we didn't have an actual lease agreement. so when we moved to toronto and sent in our application the only official lease agreement we had was our toronto one, and at that point we had only been living in toronto for 6-7 months. So im hoping they just want to find out we are still living together in toronto? I denno this whole process is really eating at my nerves lol
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bmccallion
Well it is asking for additional evidence to back up our application over 12 months such as updated lease agreements and joint bank accounts. I sent them the lease agreement we signed in september and our british joint bank accounts. But my spouse and I were living in Scotland for a year in one of his parents properties rent free, so while i was there we didn't have an actual lease agreement. so when we moved to toronto and sent in our application the only official lease agreement we had was our toronto one, and at that point we had only been living in toronto for 6-7 months. So im hoping they just want to find out we are still living together in toronto? I denno this whole process is really eating at my nerves lol
why not send in a letter from the parent who gave you the property rent free to confirm you were living there together + updated documents for toronto?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.