Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jul 10th 2012, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by wesbray
So i'm re-doing my medical next week, does anyone know what I have to bring with me, any numbers or anything from the application? Already done it once but it was a while ago now.
appendix C of the sponsorship forms, a whole load of passport photos, your passport, payment (some places require cash only)
Old Jul 10th 2012, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

JessicaH is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I've been reading through some of the info in this thread and it's really helpful so thanks.

My husband and I just posted our application to Mississauga today so we're just at the start of the process. The relief of getting it sent off was short lived though as I've already realised a really stupid mistake we've made on the forms and wondering what effect it might have.

Basically on the first form of step 2 in the app process - IMM0008 - where it asks for the Immigration Office requested for processing your application i've just had a dawning realisation that we stupidly put Mississauga rather than London. My husband is British and we are both living there at the moment so all the info in our application should make it obvious that it's the London office we need for the second stage but i'm now panicking that they won't make that assumption for us and forward it on accordingly thus causing confusion/delays.

Frustratingly it does't seem like there's much we can do at this stage as we can't call CIC as we're outside Canada. Has anyone got any ideas/advice?
Old Jul 10th 2012, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
I'm assuming this was in the UK? Im currently in Canada and at this stage my MP here wouldnt be able to help me as my application is now in the London part. Not that he ever contacted me here anyway when I needed help.. name and shame: Colin Carrie.

Stuff I sent to London still hasnt got there. Was sent 29th June express, should of taken 3 days, its now the 9th. Canada Post resolution date for the investigation they are doing on it.... October 16th.

So im some how going to have to re-compile all the evidence I had and re-send.
Yes my UK MP, I also Contacted my local MP here in Canada and he was more than willing to help..but in the end up I didn't need him.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 3:12 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JessicaH
Hi all,

I've been reading through some of the info in this thread and it's really helpful so thanks.

My husband and I just posted our application to Mississauga today so we're just at the start of the process. The relief of getting it sent off was short lived though as I've already realised a really stupid mistake we've made on the forms and wondering what effect it might have.

Basically on the first form of step 2 in the app process - IMM0008 - where it asks for the Immigration Office requested for processing your application i've just had a dawning realisation that we stupidly put Mississauga rather than London. My husband is British and we are both living there at the moment so all the info in our application should make it obvious that it's the London office we need for the second stage but i'm now panicking that they won't make that assumption for us and forward it on accordingly thus causing confusion/delays.

Frustratingly it does't seem like there's much we can do at this stage as we can't call CIC as we're outside Canada. Has anyone got any ideas/advice?
Just a quick note about the last point about calling CIC - there's a 613 number somewhere buried in this thread - find the posts from the end of March/beginning of April, it's somewhere around there - it definitely exists as I called a number of times from the UK.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

lordchewington is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news! After calling CIC this morning we were told we had been sponsor approved on 20th June! We just never received the email because of a software glitch (apparently). That is such a weight of our minds!
Old Jul 10th 2012, 3:42 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lordchewington
Great news! After calling CIC this morning we were told we had been sponsor approved on 20th June! We just never received the email because of a software glitch (apparently). That is such a weight of our minds!
YAY congrats, happy to hear it! Now just the waiting game for the rest of the process - would guess you'll near around end of August / beginning of September perhapples?
Old Jul 10th 2012, 3:42 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

quote: Frustratingly it does't seem like there's much we can do at this stage as we can't call CIC as we're outside Canada. Has anyone got any ideas/advice?endquote

You are far from being the only ones to make this mistake. Hopefully they have figured out a way to work it out for you. If not then they will return it for proper completion.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
YAY congrats, happy to hear it! Now just the waiting game for the rest of the process - would guess you'll near around end of August / beginning of September perhapples?
Thank you! Yes hopefully around that time, we get married September 8th so it would be a great wedding gift!
Old Jul 10th 2012, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you! Yes hopefully around that time, we get married September 8th so it would be a great wedding gift!
Whoops I mean September 2nd haha don't know why I put the 8th!!! Hope my Mrs doesn't read this haha
Old Jul 10th 2012, 4:01 pm
Concierge

Whoops I mean September 2nd haha don't know why I put the 8th!!! Hope my Mrs doesn't read this haha
Hahahahahahahaha well done. (If it makes you feel better, my husband says that the reason he got our wedding date engraved in his wedding ring is so that he doesn't forget the date... )
Old Jul 10th 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Hahahahahahahaha well done. (If it makes you feel better, my husband says that the reason he got our wedding date engraved in his wedding ring is so that he doesn't forget the date... )
Well that sounds like a pretty good idea to me, thanks!
Old Jul 10th 2012, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Question for all those that have Flagpoled from work permit/IEC to Visitor status whilst waiting for PR..

What did you take with you/need to do this?
Did you need to provide proof of insurance?
Did you need proof of how to support yourself?
How did you prove you wernt going to be working/did they even ask this?
Can the officers see in the system how far along your PR app is?

Its annoying because im going to have to Flagpole as a visitor at the end of the month then probably go back a couple of weeks later to activate my PR.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
Question for all those that have Flagpoled from work permit/IEC to Visitor status whilst waiting for PR..

What did you take with you/need to do this?
Did you need to provide proof of insurance?
Did you need proof of how to support yourself?
How did you prove you wernt going to be working/did they even ask this?
Can the officers see in the system how far along your PR app is?

Its annoying because im going to have to Flagpole as a visitor at the end of the month then probably go back a couple of weeks later to activate my PR.
Cant you just apply online changing over to visitor status under the change
the conditions clause
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp
If you prefer to flagpole then I suggest taking the following
Proof of application for PR (we can only see application in process at POE)
Proof of funds
Insurance or health coverage.
After IEC has expired you would enter as a visitor.
You may or may not be asked for the above however you have to satisfy an officer that you wont work and will leave Canada.
Obviously having the PR application in will help.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

wesbray is an unknown quantity at this point

What do you need to take with you to the medical? They were pretty vague on the phone.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wesbray
What do you need to take with you to the medical? They were pretty vague on the phone.
Medical Examination Instructions
Instructions on how to take the medical examination will normally be sent to you after you submit your application to the visa office.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.