Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jun 29th 2012, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by bmccallion
I know how you feel! I thought this would be the short part of the entire process. not to mention that i keep worrying that i will be rejected as a sponsor because I have OSAP (ontario student loans) and im not entirely sure if that counts as social assistance? Bah i just want to know already!
you wont be rejected for OSAP, my sponsor has outstanding OSAP and she was approved to sponsor me in April.

Things that would get you rejected are stuff like being on welfare.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
OMG that is ridiculous - it sounds like they are making a real shitstorm of your case! This is the first I've heard of them returning evidence because you sent too much - how much did you actually send?! Madness. And super annoying that London is whining now - someone doesn't have their head screwed on straight. On the plus side, it means that London has opened your application, so hopefully once you re-send your evidence you'll be sorted!
In total there was about 250 pages worth of stuff but that included everything. I think it was just the officer that dealt with the case to be honest. It must be in my notes somewhere though.

Went to Canada post and its going to cost me $80 to get it there quickly (3 days) surface mail will take 6 weeks so my only option is Air and because of the weight its crazy expensive.

Iv copied every page of my passport and included that too, knowing thats the next thing they will ask, bet they still ask for it again though
Old Jun 29th 2012, 1:00 am
Just Joined

bmccallion is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
you wont be rejected for OSAP, my sponsor has outstanding OSAP and she was approved to sponsor me in April.

Things that would get you rejected are stuff like being on welfare.
I figured as much, but it was there in the back of my mind, but good to know it wont be an issue thanks!!
Old Jun 29th 2012, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

teacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really nice

In total there was about 250 pages worth of stuff but that included everything. I think it was just the officer that dealt with the case to be honest. It must be in my notes somewhere though.

Went to Canada post and its going to cost me $80 to get it there quickly (3 days) surface mail will take 6 weeks so my only option is Air and because of the weight its crazy expensive.

Iv copied every page of my passport and included that too, knowing thats the next thing they will ask, bet they still ask for it again though
Holy crap! I would be so angry if this happened to me!!!! Poor you, that really sucks!
Old Jun 29th 2012, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by teacher1000
Holy crap! I would be so angry if this happened to me!!!! Poor you, that really sucks!
So frustrating. Could of been with my COPR now if they had of sent it to begin with.

This is what they are saying incase anyone encounters a similar thing in the future.

This is exactly what was emailed from the Ottawa Pilot when I asked why all my evidence was returned to me after sponsorship approval.

'Please note that some of those documents were kept in your file, however, due to the great amount of documents that you provided, they could not all be sent to London at this time and were therefore returned to you.'

and then London are saying this

'Dear Applicant,In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents listed below. Please send clear legible photocopies rather than the original documents unless otherwise specified.
Proof of co-habitation
The documentation that you have provided in order to prove 12 months continuous co-habitation with your sponsor, Carrie Mccrea is not sufficient. Please provide further official documentation, that proves that you and your sponsor have co-habited for a continuous 12 month period. '
Old Jul 1st 2012, 9:19 pm
Stress Junkie

martyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud of

Not a moan really just frustrated like many others who wonder why something like ECAS exists and its only updated sporadically if at all. Since my wife got her sponsor approval nothing else has been heard, it says my application was received 21 feb and thats it. So I have no idea if it's made it to london or what. I know no news is good news (hopefully) but you know what the little voices are like... Sorry for repeating what many are feeling but it's helped me a little.

Good luck to all and happy Canada day.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 10:08 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Chris - 250 pages is overkill for any category of application.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

wesbray is an unknown quantity at this point

This may sound like a dumb question, but in the dependents section, if i'm applying for common-law sponsorship do I list my common-law partner as a dependent?

EDIT: Also just read in the help sheet "A permanent resident visa is issued for a period not exceeding the earliest expiry date of the following documents: the medical results for you and your family members/your or your family members passport." So does that mean that when my medical expires later this year i'll have to reapply? What if my application is still being processed when my medical expires?

Last edited by wesbray; Jul 2nd 2012 at 5:25 am.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Chris - 250 pages is overkill for any category of application.
thought it better to be safe than sorry?
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 1:51 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by wesbray
This may sound like a dumb question, but in the dependents section, if i'm applying for common-law sponsorship do I list my common-law partner as a dependent?

EDIT: Also just read in the help sheet "A permanent resident visa is issued for a period not exceeding the earliest expiry date of the following documents: the medical results for you and your family members/your or your family members passport." So does that mean that when my medical expires later this year i'll have to reapply? What if my application is still being processed when my medical expires?
You have a new medical.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road

My application was pretty big too. Possibly as much as 250 pages. So that's not good news. Fingers crossed things work out. I don't think I even took photocopies of everything, but I do have copies of the more important stuff.

My understanding was the decision as to whether someone is allowed to sponsor you is taken in Canada and, since this is what the majority of the documents are for, I don't know why London would even care about seeing these??
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by michty6
My application was pretty big too. Possibly as much as 250 pages. So that's not good news. Fingers crossed things work out. I don't think I even took photocopies of everything, but I do have copies of the more important stuff.

My understanding was the decision as to whether someone is allowed to sponsor you is taken in Canada and, since this is what the majority of the documents are for, I don't know why London would even care about seeing these??
In London the visa officers decide or not whether they believe your relationship is genuine. So they need to see all the proof you provide,
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road

In London the visa officers decide or not whether they believe your relationship is genuine. So they need to see all the proof you provide,
Ah so basically you send the application to Canada, who examine it and they 'approve' sponsorship, before passing it to London to also 'approve' sponsorship??

It is also pretty ridiculous that they wouldn't send the entire thing just to save a few bucks??
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 9:31 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michty6
Ah so basically you send the application to Canada, who examine it and they 'approve' sponsorship, before passing it to London to also 'approve' sponsorship??

It is also pretty ridiculous that they wouldn't send the entire thing just to save a few bucks??
Not exactly - Canada approves the Canadian as a sponsor, London approves the Brit as a PR.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 10:32 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Not exactly - Canada approves the Canadian as a sponsor, London approves the Brit as a PR.
And both have an interest in assuring that the relationship is genuine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.