Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jun 27th 2012, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by teacher1000
got an email from london immigration today asking for something to be signed by a lawyer...wondering how much time this will add on. we are going to go and get it signed tomorrow and sent back by friday hopefully.

At least we know they are "processing" our app now too...hopefully it won't add on much time as our medical runs out in august:S
what was it they asked to get signed if you dont mind me asking?
Old Jun 28th 2012, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

My RCMP police check arrived by FedEx in London on June 18th. Can anyone give me an idea of how long it takes to hear after this point?

Thanks!
Old Jun 28th 2012, 12:37 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Any time now I would say. Give it 6 weeks more before you panic. Things like holidays and staff changes come around this time.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

teacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really nice

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
what was it they asked to get signed if you dont mind me asking?
just a non-accompanying dependant declaration. we have been to the lawyer and have posted it back already. double quick !!
Now I just wonder how long it will be until they update everything, they said give it 4 months for the "new evidence" to be looked at:S
Old Jun 28th 2012, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Bumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond repute

A quick update on my timeline for Spousal application.
Forms received by CIC 19th March. The CIC website (as of 27th June) stated the processing time is 82 days for documents received on 29th of Feb.

I then received an email from CIC on the evening of the 27th June telling me that my (I'm the sponser) forms have been approved and they have forwarded them to London for my wife's forms to be assessed.

I was very surprised as I was expecting a long wait.

The CIC states that my Wife's side of things will take 7 months to assess.

Provided all the documents are there does anyone know how acurate the 7 months is? I'm hoping they will be processed a lot quicker as per the first part.

Nothing left to do now but sell the house, sort out the packing ............
Old Jun 28th 2012, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

lordchewington is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bumblebee2
A quick update on my timeline for Spousal application.
Forms received by CIC 19th March. The CIC website (as of 27th June) stated the processing time is 82 days for documents received on 29th of Feb.

I then received an email from CIC on the evening of the 27th June telling me that my (I'm the sponser) forms have been approved and they have forwarded them to London for my wife's forms to be assessed.

I was very surprised as I was expecting a long wait.

The CIC states that my Wife's side of things will take 7 months to assess.

Provided all the documents are there does anyone know how acurate the 7 months is? I'm hoping they will be processed a lot quicker as per the first part.

Nothing left to do now but sell the house, sort out the packing ............

I'm also expecting a long wait, the website has been saying the 29th Frb for 2 weeks now! Our application was received on 12th March and we still haven't heard anything so you've done well there 😊 from what I understand the London processing is taking about 3 months
Old Jun 28th 2012, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Bumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lordchewington
I'm also expecting a long wait, the website has been saying the 29th Frb for 2 weeks now! Our application was received on 12th March and we still haven't heard anything so you've done well there 😊 from what I understand the London processing is taking about 3 months
I wonder what the difference is between the applications and why one is processed quicker? Hopefully yours won't be too much longer.

Am I right in saying that once the full application has been accepted you have 3 weeks to get into the Country and get the relevant documents stamped (or whatever they do)?
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Just got an email from London.

Gotta praise the Ottawa Pilot for screwing me over out of a few weeks (especially when my IEC expires in 4 weeks!!)

-When my sponsor approval was done they returned all the evidence I provided saying it was too much to send to London but they had taken photocopies of the important stuff.

Well now London have said the amount i provided isnt enough. So clearly they didnt photocopy it. I provided MASSES of evidence. They want me to send it all within 60 days. I have it all ready to go when im home its just the time factor, frustrating.

Id love to know why the $1040 I spent on the application doesnt include probably $20 worth of postage to send all the information I took the time to carefully compile and save all this crap from happening in the future.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

bmccallion is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

I have been following this thread for some time, and I have not heard anything from the CIC regarding my sponsorship approval that i mailed April 1,2012... Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat? because the CIC timeline says its 82 days waiting period and says they are still working on applications from February 29, 2012 (it has been that date for over a month). Anyone who knows anything would be great, im starting to worry :S
Old Jun 28th 2012, 7:55 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris
Just got an email from London.

Gotta praise the Ottawa Pilot for screwing me over out of a few weeks (especially when my IEC expires in 4 weeks!!)

-When my sponsor approval was done they returned all the evidence I provided saying it was too much to send to London but they had taken photocopies of the important stuff.

Well now London have said the amount i provided isnt enough. So clearly they didnt photocopy it. I provided MASSES of evidence. They want me to send it all within 60 days. I have it all ready to go when im home its just the time factor, frustrating.

Id love to know why the $1040 I spent on the application doesnt include probably $20 worth of postage to send all the information I took the time to carefully compile and save all this crap from happening in the future.
OMG that is ridiculous - it sounds like they are making a real shitstorm of your case! This is the first I've heard of them returning evidence because you sent too much - how much did you actually send?! Madness. And super annoying that London is whining now - someone doesn't have their head screwed on straight. On the plus side, it means that London has opened your application, so hopefully once you re-send your evidence you'll be sorted!

Originally Posted by bmccallion
Hi Everyone,

I have been following this thread for some time, and I have not heard anything from the CIC regarding my sponsorship approval that i mailed April 1,2012... Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat? because the CIC timeline says its 82 days waiting period and says they are still working on applications from February 29, 2012 (it has been that date for over a month). Anyone who knows anything would be great, im starting to worry :S
There isn't anything you can do for now. I was worried when my application was pending because it said "working on applications received January 25th, which was my date, but I was well past the 55 days or whatever number they were reporting at the time. When I phoned CIC, they said to ignore the "number of days" processing number and to go only on the "working on applications received on x" line - it's the more accurate measure. If you call before your "date" is online, they'll just tell you to wait and call back... best you can do is sit tight, really!

The other thing you can do is follow PinkLady (from canadavisa.com)'s timeline spreadsheet - it's incredibly helpful (linked below). It looks like the March applications are still waiting to hear, and no one from April has heard yet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CJyi-IYE#gid=0
Old Jun 28th 2012, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

lordchewington is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bmccallion
Hi Everyone,

Mine was received in Mississauga on 12th March, no news as yet. I called CIC and was told to wait until the date for processing had reached my date, which is frustrating because as you point out it stays on the same date for ages.
I am currently on 109 days waiting, and am pulling my hair out!
Old Jun 28th 2012, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

I submitted mine on July 11st, I am getting nervous, as I worry its lost. lol. I know its not been very long, but I know my past history, Im sure in a few months Ill be manic!
Old Jun 28th 2012, 9:02 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

ECAS status finally changed - for anyone curious, here's what it says in total:

Originally Posted by ECAS
We received [husband]'s application for permanent residence on January 24, 2012.

We started processing [husband]'s application on June 25, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on [husband]'s application. The office will contact [husband] concerning this decision.
The lines about "we started processing" and "a decision has been made" only appeared today - up until now the two lines of "we received the app..." and "medicals" have been the only ones there.

Lulz that they wrote out my husband's full name on each spot where I wrote [husband] though - I'm sure it's just an automated posting thing, it just cracks me up reading it as his full name appears - first, middle, last.

And now to see if Nadal is about to get ousted... is tonight going to be a night of upsets all around?! /offtopic
Old Jun 28th 2012, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

richtee is an unknown quantity at this point

If it states 'working on applications received on the 29th of Feb' but also states '82 days' there must be an error as the end of Feb was more than 82 days ago. We sent ours on the 14th of June! Let the waiting begin...
Old Jun 28th 2012, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

bmccallion is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lordchewington
Mine was received in Mississauga on 12th March, no news as yet. I called CIC and was told to wait until the date for processing had reached my date, which is frustrating because as you point out it stays on the same date for ages.
I am currently on 109 days waiting, and am pulling my hair out!
I know how you feel! I thought this would be the short part of the entire process. not to mention that i keep worrying that i will be rejected as a sponsor because I have OSAP (ontario student loans) and im not entirely sure if that counts as social assistance? Bah i just want to know already!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.