Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 3rd 2012, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

dailongfoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hi All,
Some advice please.....

My online application status went to "decision made" 3 weeks ago (when I was on holiday with my Canadian wife). My original submission was 28/11/11, sponsor approval was 28/01/12.

Having arriving back in the UK today, I've found recorded delivery post office slip, dated 19th April, so letter has probably been returned to Canada House by now.

I've just emailed Canada House, but am unsure what the next few steps are. Should I try and speak to someone over the phone?

I'm flying back to Toronto on Monday 14th and am unsure whether I can get everything sorted so I can "land" at Pearson.

Last edited by dailongfoot; May 3rd 2012 at 1:11 pm.
Old May 3rd 2012, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

lozzyblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dailongfoot
Hi All,
Some advice please.....

My online application status went to "decision made" 3 weeks ago (when I was on holiday with my Canadian wife). My original submission was 28/11/11, sponsor approval was 28/01/12.

Having arriving back in the UK today, I've found recorded delivery post office slip, dated 19th April, so letter has probably been returned to Canada House by now.

I've just emailed Canada House, but am unsure what the next few steps are. Should I try and speak to someone over the phone?

I'm flying back to Toronto on Monday 14th and am unsure whether I can get everything sorted so I can "land" at Pearson.
It's only 2 weeks. Why don't you go to the post office and check?!
Old May 3rd 2012, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dan09uk
sent my application today!
Is a good feeling to know that it's all out of your hands now! Good luck!

Originally Posted by carley_jackson
Good Luck!! I sent mine yesterday....Let the waiting begin!!
Love the avatar, best of luck to you too... hope the waiting doesn't drive you too insane.
Old May 3rd 2012, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Deficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by lozzyblue
It's only 2 weeks. Why don't you go to the post office and check?!
Recorded delivery stuff usually gets returned after a week, I think? Still, definitely worth checking with the post office.
Old May 4th 2012, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay everyone, my husband is doing his final packing.....for those of you who have emigrated to Canada what paperwork did you bring, ie driver license, car insurance letter, his COPR of course....what else?
Old May 4th 2012, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 123me
Okay everyone, my husband is doing his final packing.....for those of you who have emigrated to Canada what paperwork did you bring, ie driver license, car insurance letter, his COPR of course....what else?
Any certificates or qualifications work/un work related. School certs if he has them. Paper drivers license too!

Not sure if he has done it or not already but get him to file with the inland revenue that he is leaving the country permanently, he can get back a % of the tax he has paid this year..
Old May 4th 2012, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

CateandSymie is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just checked the processing time and it's gone to 89 days. When I started this whole thing it was 45. How many boxes of missing applications can someone find? Grrr.

Has anyone gone to Canada on a tourist visa before their application has hit the first desk? Would there be any additional problems?

Cheers,
Catherine
Old May 4th 2012, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by CateandSymie
I've just checked the processing time and it's gone to 89 days. When I started this whole thing it was 45. How many boxes of missing applications can someone find? Grrr.

Has anyone gone to Canada on a tourist visa before their application has hit the first desk? Would there be any additional problems?

Cheers,
Catherine
Where can you see processing times?

I went to Canada as a tourist while I was waiting for them to process my IEC application. There were no issues except when you enter you have to put an 'exit date' on your entry form and I put one that was several months down the road - so the customs officer questioned this and sent me to the 2nd room you go to (I have been in this room before, it is just for additional questions, no big deal) and the guy pulled up my record on the computer said 'I see you've applied for an IEC visa' so I told him that I had and was waiting on the confirmation but it had not come through in time as I had to go to Canada for a wedding (which was the truth). He wished me well and sent me on my way.
Old May 4th 2012, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by michty6
Where can you see processing times?

I went to Canada as a tourist while I was waiting for them to process my IEC application. There were no issues except when you enter you have to put an 'exit date' on your entry form and I put one that was several months down the road - so the customs officer questioned this and sent me to the 2nd room you go to (I have been in this room before, it is just for additional questions, no big deal) and the guy pulled up my record on the computer said 'I see you've applied for an IEC visa' so I told him that I had and was waiting on the confirmation but it had not come through in time as I had to go to Canada for a wedding (which was the truth). He wished me well and sent me on my way.
Hiya,

I found the processing times here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...es/perm-fc.asp
Pleased to hear that it wasn't a problem. I'm ready to answer more questions. I plan to go over in the next couple of weeks. I don't think we'll have the first step (assessing sponsor) even completed by then, but who knows, they might surprise me.

Thanks for the info.
Old May 6th 2012, 11:40 am
Just Joined

ashleyi is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick question - the application asks for photocopies of birth certificates, passports, etc. Do these need to be notarised?

Thanks
Old May 6th 2012, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

CANorBUST is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ashleyi
Just a quick question - the application asks for photocopies of birth certificates, passports, etc. Do these need to be notarised?

Thanks
I didn't have anything notarised and have been fine so far. It doesn't say to on the application.
Old May 6th 2012, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dailongfoot
Hi All,
Some advice please.....

My COPR got returned to sender - more annoying since I was actually in Canada so it took longer to get them to re-send it. I emailed the London office to enquire where it was, they advised it had been returned to them and they sent it out again. It took about 3 days for them to respond over email to my request. Since you are in the UK, hopefully it won't take long and you'll have it by the 14th. But like others said - go to the post office and see if they have it still. It is worth a shot surely?
Old May 6th 2012, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

Interesting article in the Globe and Mail on immigration in Canada.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/.../?from=2423585
Old May 7th 2012, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious; we just sent our PR out to London on Friday. We're due to vacation in the UK for 3 weeks later in the Summer. I wondered if we got asked for our Passports (not that things would happen so quickly )...would there be anything to stop us walking in to the VO in London to get the paperwork done?
Old May 7th 2012, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuabroad
Just curious; we just sent our PR out to London on Friday. We're due to vacation in the UK for 3 weeks later in the Summer. I wondered if we got asked for our Passports (not that things would happen so quickly )...would there be anything to stop us walking in to the VO in London to get the paperwork done?
Not sure about the second part of your question, but you sent your app to Mississauga right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.