Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 1st 2012, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

peng is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hey Shudda and Carrin.

I would bring with you a just in case good to follow list. Anything you may decide to ship in the future, family furniture, pictures, bed, anything you may bring in the future. You arnt obligated to bring it and there isn't a time requirmeent but its a one time duty free chance so no harm in doing it.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck_eh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peng
Hey Cunnuck, you have to apply for Citizenship for your kids. We did this a while back for our son. Its takes a few months to come though -i think 3-not the 12 it says on the website, but is quite simple. I email London a long time back ansd asked what happens if its not through before we want to move and they said they issue some sort of visa into the british passport. I believe you need the citzenship stuff for schools! Healthcare and things so I'd get going on it at the same time as contacting the embassy. You need to speak to the uk consulate though for advice on it.
thanks Peng. but could we still enter canada with our two kids without any other documentation apart from their british passport?. We are planning to apply CCC in canada as soon as we get there. Our travel plans are in end of April. Thanks
Old Apr 1st 2012, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

I will try and find the email I had but from memory you have to get something through the consulate. I think they give you a confirmation of recipt of application pretty quickly but maybe you cam go there and do something quicker? But there was some issue about arriving on the british passports when actually they are Canadians retuning. Call the london number for canada house and email and keep leaving messages. Also look around the forums for info.
Good luck.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck_eh is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks peng i am looking into it now including the wiki pages. am sure am just panicking for no reason and there's an answer for situations like thin. Look forward to your reply re: email.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Canuck_eh
thanks peng i am looking into it now including the wiki pages. am sure am just panicking for no reason and there's an answer for situations like thin. Look forward to your reply re: email.
With all these things there is an answer but you have to "follow the process"!
:-) The Citizenship thing was quite quick but sadly not 1 month!

Again from Memory i dont think it was a problem they consulate just gave you a visa or something quick until the citizenship thing was resolved

Last edited by peng; Apr 1st 2012 at 8:57 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Canuck_eh
So here was the email....It took a week to get a reply.
To get a passport you have to get the citixenship card- however from someone lese we know you can apply for both at the same time and the passport they can do really quickly. I had asked what happened if the Citizenship card/ passport hadnt come though it time before we left and he only had a british passport

I emailed [email protected]
Alternatively assuming you arnt too far from london go and see them.

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your query.
If your son is Canadian citizen, he does not need to be sponsored.
You can include him in you application but specify that he is a Canadian citizen and therefore does not need to pay any processing fee.
If his Canadian passport is not ready by the time of your departure, please contact the Canadian consular as he may need a facilitation visa/.

I hope this helps
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 5:16 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Just called CIC again - today is day 68. Envelope STILL hasn't been opened yet!!! She said we should probably hear something in the next week... This waiting game is driving me bonkers.

Wedding is in 18 days. Perhaps CIC will send us a wedding gift?
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

teacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really nice

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Just called CIC again - today is day 68. Envelope STILL hasn't been opened yet!!! She said we should probably hear something in the next week... This waiting game is driving me bonkers.

Wedding is in 18 days. Perhaps CIC will send us a wedding gift?
I did the exact same thing and we are on the exact same timeline. The guy told us to call back in a week:s
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 6:11 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teacher1000
I did the exact same thing and we are on the exact same timeline. The guy told us to call back in a week:s
Funny you should say that! She did tell me on the phone that they received a boatload of applications on the 25th, hence still plodding through the pile... Hopefully they aren't too far away from being finished!

She did [unhelpfully] say that this stage is the easy part, and the next phase will take much longer. Thanks for that...
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Deficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura about

She did [unhelpfully] say that this stage is the easy part, and the next phase will take much longer.
Pahahaha, not likely at this rate.

So I got the expected request today from London (actually Nairobi apparently) to jump through some additional medical hoops - dated 9th March yet postmarked 29th March and with 90 days to comply (so I've already lost 24 days). And given that one of the tests has to sit and brew for 6-8 weeks before results can be analysed, I can't help but feel I'm basically screwed.

That said, provided I can get this all done on time, I'm glad I'm getting the request this early in the game as maybe it might not end up holding anything up later down the line. The extra $$$$ to sort it all out is gonna hurt though.

London/Nairobi did manage to get my address wrong...

I always feel like I'm whining on this board, I really just need to try my best to stay positive through all of this. <deep breaths>
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Funny you should say that! She did tell me on the phone that they received a boatload of applications on the 25th, hence still plodding through the pile... Hopefully they aren't too far away from being finished!

She did [unhelpfully] say that this stage is the easy part, and the next phase will take much longer. Thanks for that...
sounds like they are just making up an excuse as to why its still 'working on applications rec 25th Jan'. It was still showing the 25th when mine was opened, which was a 13th Jan app, so not really accurate.

I dont know why they are suddenly taking so much longer than normal - I can finally get into my ecas using my sponsors details (got these when app was finally opened) but I still dont have approval, am currently on day 80.. Very frustrating seeing some sponsor approvals take 45 days and less, arriving a couple of weeks prior to mine yet were all still waiting at nearly double this.

When I called around your waiting periods they said to wait different times every time I called; 1 week, 2 weeks and even 1 month one time, and then we called the next day and it was opened, Best thing I would suggest for you is to call up every other day in the morning when its quiet with no hold times to quickly find out if its been opened (my mind rested alot once I knew it had been opened)

hold tight!
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deficient
Pahahaha, not likely at this rate.

So I got the expected request today from London (actually Nairobi apparently) to jump through some additional medical hoops - dated 9th March yet postmarked 29th March and with 90 days to comply (so I've already lost 24 days). And given that one of the tests has to sit and brew for 6-8 weeks before results can be analysed, I can't help but feel I'm basically screwed.

That said, provided I can get this all done on time, I'm glad I'm getting the request this early in the game as maybe it might not end up holding anything up later down the line. The extra $$$$ to sort it all out is gonna hurt though.

London/Nairobi did manage to get my address wrong...

I always feel like I'm whining on this board, I really just need to try my best to stay positive through all of this. <deep breaths>
are the dates in your sig right? just wondering because it says you filed yours at the end of Feb and you received something requesting additional tests already.. yet they are opening apps from "Jan 25th" still.. (apparently haha) this to me would suggest they are opened and sorted before they are officially 'opened'?
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Deficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
are the dates in your sig right? just wondering because it says you filed yours at the end of Feb and you received something requesting additional tests already.. yet they are opening apps from "Jan 25th" still.. (apparently haha)
The medicals go to London before the rest of the app (apparently it all gets married up later when the file gets transferred from Mississauga to London?) so they look at the medicals pretty early it seems. I recall another user here saying they got a request for further med info before they got their sponsor approval.

I reckon I've easily got 40+ days before I hear anything from Mississauga...
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:36 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Deficient
The medicals go to London before the rest of the app (apparently it all gets married up later when the file gets transferred from Mississauga to London?) so they look at the medicals pretty early it seems. I recall another user here saying they got a request for further med info before they got their sponsor approval.

I reckon I've easily got 40+ days before I hear anything from Mississauga...
When did you do your medicals?

Our medicals were done December 13th, application arrived in Mississauga on January 25th, today is day 68 and haven't heard a word, so wondering how you've managed to hear something after only a month...?
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
this to me would suggest they are opened and sorted before they are officially 'opened'?
Just noticed you updated with this. As far as I know your medical never goes to Mississauga (not sure exactly where it goes, I've read Ottawa initially and then on to the local visa office?) so I imagine an app could be sitting literally unopened in Mississauga while the medical is already elsewhere in the world being looked at in detail.

Seemingly it is much later in the game that they match them up, when the app is transferred to the local visa office. I guess they must use that one page the DMP gives you for your application to match them up.

SchnookoLoly - I did my medicals 10th February. I think as far as this little part of the process is concerned, no news is good news? It seems like you don't hear anything unless they have reason to contact you...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.