Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 18th 2011, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

chorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nice
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Cawsand
Congrats! Our passport request just came too! Woohoo!
Congratulations Cawsand!! Really pleased for you. Looks like we were on the exact same schedule - maybe the same immigration officer!

When do you plan on moving?
Old Oct 18th 2011, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Cawsand is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chorlton79
Congratulations Cawsand!! Really pleased for you. Looks like we were on the exact same schedule - maybe the same immigration officer!

When do you plan on moving?
It feels great, doesn't it? Actually, I came ahead with my children so my daughter could start school in September. My husband will come for Xmas but he can't leave work until the end of January, so we are hoping he will be landing at the beginning of February. How about you? Lot's to organise now!
Old Oct 18th 2011, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

chorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cawsand
It feels great, doesn't it? Actually, I came ahead with my children so my daughter could start school in September. My husband will come for Xmas but he can't leave work until the end of January, so we are hoping he will be landing at the beginning of February. How about you? Lot's to organise now!
It does feel really great! And we were planning on going in early Feb as well. I've just been offered a contract until the end of April. Which is really disappointing but i suppose we miss a Toronto winter and we have more planning time!!!

Good luck with everything!!!
Old Oct 18th 2011, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Fidget is an unknown quantity at this point

It does feel really great! And we were planning on going in early Feb as well. I've just been offered a contract until the end of April. Which is really disappointing but i suppose we miss a Toronto winter and we have more planning time!!!

Good luck with everything!!!
Thats our aim, to move there late jan early feb. Where you planning to go? We still deciding where to rent but will be around Toronto. Looking at Bolton, brampton, etibocoke, Oaksville, Missisauga. You have any suggestions on area?

My wifes family all live in bolton so want to be fairly close. I build websites for a living so hoping to find a job in Toronto.

Last edited by Fidget; Oct 18th 2011 at 2:56 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 5:21 pm
New Scotland Girl

alexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nice

When my common-law partner and I started filling out his application last year, tons of people were posting that they received their "proof of relationship" back. However, my OH got his PPR in March 2011, and has been a PR since June 2011, and we have never received our "proof of relationship" back.

Has anyone got this stuff back recently? We sent originally cards that we wrote to each other and I would really like to get these back.

Thanks!
Old Oct 19th 2011, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

CannuckHeadingHome is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to both chorlton79 and Cawsand !!!

We sent our application a few weeks after you but with the increase in the time to approve the sponsorship, I don't expect to get good news for a while yet .
However, that doesn't stop me from still checking every few days

My question to you is about ECAS. I know that it is not regularly updated but I am wondering when you started to see changes such as application received in London, medicals, etc, etc ?

Thanks
Old Oct 19th 2011, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CannuckHeadingHome
Congratulations to both chorlton79 and Cawsand !!!

We sent our application a few weeks after you but with the increase in the time to approve the sponsorship, I don't expect to get good news for a while yet .
However, that doesn't stop me from still checking every few days

My question to you is about ECAS. I know that it is not regularly updated but I am wondering when you started to see changes such as application received in London, medicals, etc, etc ?

Thanks
Thanks for the congratulations! I know the process is so long and annoying. I honestly didn't see a change in ecas until about 5 weeks after I got the email saying I was approved as sponsor.
BUT - there is no change on it now, even after received the email for PPR - it still says 'application received'
I think it's completely unreliable and it looks to me it's different for everyone - just to add to the annoyance....
Good luck and hope you hear something soon!
Old Oct 19th 2011, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the congratulations! I know the process is so long and annoying. I honestly didn't see a change in ecas until about 5 weeks after I got the email saying I was approved as sponsor.
BUT - there is no change on it now, even after received the email for PPR - it still says 'application received'
I think it's completely unreliable and it looks to me it's different for everyone - just to add to the annoyance....
Good luck and hope you hear something soon!
Thanks Chorlton79

Not so good news about ECAS but at least I won't worry about the lack of udpates.

Good luck on your move to The Great White North... whenever that may be.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

yzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really nice

Originally Posted by alexisatk
When my common-law partner and I started filling out his application last year, tons of people were posting that they received their "proof of relationship" back. However, my OH got his PPR in March 2011, and has been a PR since June 2011, and we have never received our "proof of relationship" back.

Has anyone got this stuff back recently? We sent originally cards that we wrote to each other and I would really like to get these back.

Thanks!
Hmm I'm not taking the chance with sending any originals like that as they do say on the applications originals will not be returned. All the cards we have sent to each other have been scanned and then printed. The only originals will be what the applications explicitly ask for such as the Police Certificate.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

mittenstb is an unknown quantity at this point

hi! not been on here for ages...
my app was submitted 25th may and i am still waiting for PPR through london
was just popping on here to see how others are moving along and am starting to get anxious now as it appears others are passing me by...

Old Oct 20th 2011, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Cawsand is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mittenstb
hi! not been on here for ages...
my app was submitted 25th may and i am still waiting for PPR through london
was just popping on here to see how others are moving along and am starting to get anxious now as it appears others are passing me by...

I'm sure it will come soon enough. They asked for more info on ours because we had not submitted a police check from Finland from 1998, when my husband was an exchange student there. I was wondering if that delayed things. Are you 'mittens' on the google spreadsheet? As we had the same timeline I was anxiously cross-referencing against that person.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 11:39 am
Just Joined

Whoohoo !

My OH got his passport request in the post today. It was actually dated 18-October so it almost exactly 2 months since my sponsorship was approved.

It's exciting but also a bit scary. Lots to do and no excuses any more. Still, a great landmark and so a nice bottle of wine is in order !

Good luck to anyone still waiting and thanks to everyone on this site who has contributed to help folks like us get through the process.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 12:30 pm
New Scotland Girl

alexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nice

Originally Posted by yzf.shaun
Hmm I'm not taking the chance with sending any originals like that as they do say on the applications originals will not be returned. All the cards we have sent to each other have been scanned and then printed. The only originals will be what the applications explicitly ask for such as the Police Certificate.
I went and looked at the new checklist, and it does say that originals will not be returned. But this is not the case for the checklist when we submitted our application in November 2010.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

mariar will become famous soon enoughmariar will become famous soon enough

Congrats CannuckHeadingHome, im around a month behind you so hopefully not too long of a wait to go
Old Oct 21st 2011, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mariar
Congrats CannuckHeadingHome, im around a month behind you so hopefully not too long of a wait to go
Thanks mariar ! Good luck with your wait.

I had convinced myself that it would be a few weeks yet before we heard so it was a bit of a shock when the letter arrived. Hope you get yours soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.