Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 14th 2018, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

2fifers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Hi Notts, thanks for reply :-)
Old May 15th 2018, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notts2KW
Hello! I'm Canadian, living in Nottingham UK and sponsoring my British husband. We really benefitted from this wiki (thank you!) and apologies but only just getting around to posting our timeline here to contribute to the spreadsheet. We had an overall positive experience with a 6 month turnaround. It was a straight forward application processed in Mississauga.

30 October 2017 - Application received in Mississauga
18 December 2017 - Request for Police Certificate and additional information (we responded straight away as we had the Police Certificate ready to go)
20 December 2017 - received a request for a medical exam
22 December 2017 - CIC confirmed I was approved as Sponsor
2 January 2018 - CIC confirmed the application would be processed in Mississauga
12 January 2018 - Medical sent electronically by the medical office directly to CIC (actual appointment was attended on 3 January)
19 March 2018 - Request for appendix and passport photos
24 March 2018 - sent photos and appendix by mail (tried to send the appendix through myCIC as specified but it hadn't been updated yet so attached an accompanying letter to explain this with the photos and I believe we sent an email as well as they only give you 30 days and wanted to cover our bases)
29 March 2018 - email confirmation that the CoPR was on its way in the mail and we had been approved
6 April 2018 - received the physical copy of the CoPR

As you can see, for a couple months we heard nothing and then it all came together in 10 days! Good luck everyone! We are looking forward to moving to Canada this autumn and I'm back on this website checking out the landing tips (thanks again!) x
Congratulations! Added to spreadsheet and thank you for sharing your timeline.
Old May 15th 2018, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 2fifers
Hi All, some interesting timelines on here. Just read Notts2KW post on 12th May 2018, the timeline is very similar to our application but from what i see the processing time in Mississauga is quicker than London (UK).
Notts sent application 30th Oct 2017, ours 10th Oct 2017 -
Notts medical Dec 20th 2017, ours 6th Dec 2017
Notts sponsor accepted Dec 22nd 2017, ours Dec 6th 2017 -
Notts CIC confirm/start, process in Mississauga 2nd Jan 2018, ours CIC send application to London Jan 19th, start process Jan 22nd 2018.
Notts have process done and dusted CoPR April 6th 2018....and that's where the similarities end.
We have checked the process of the application and it says "In Process" 1. Received Oct 10th 2017, 2. Start Process Jan 22nd 2018 3. Medical Received (no date).
After checking the Tables for Application for PR outside Canada "In Process" doesn't show Medical Received, but "Decision Made" does ???....maybe Hurlabrick can help/enlighten us. It would appear that Mississauga process applications quicker than London or maybe there is an issue with our application and we will be contacted.

Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated, many thanks.
Will update thread when we hear any news
2fifers
We don't have a specific field for the date your medical was either sent or received, but there is a field for 'Medical passed'. Sometimes these dates are added to the free format 'Notes' field.

I would be happy to add your details to the tracking spreadsheet if you can tell us:

Your approximate location?
Married or Common Law?
Nationality of PA?
Old May 15th 2018, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Hi Hurlabrick, you're welcome to add our details to spreadsheet.
Approx Location - Fife, Scotland
Married
Nationality - British
Old May 15th 2018, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Hurlabrick, you're welcome to add our details to spreadsheet.
Approx Location - Fife, Scotland
Married
Nationality - British
Thanks for that. Added to spreadsheet. Best of luck but yes, London is typically slower than Mississauga I'm afraid!
Old May 15th 2018, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

Hi Hurlabrick, hopefully this will give us/anyone an idea roughly regarding timelines between processing times in Mississauga and London, as ours and Notts are pretty close with our start times, Notts in Mississauga and ours in London.
Do you have any feedback, 3, 6, 9 months difference processing time, or is it too early yet ?
Old May 16th 2018, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Hurlabrick, hopefully this will give us/anyone an idea roughly regarding timelines between processing times in Mississauga and London, as ours and Notts are pretty close with our start times, Notts in Mississauga and ours in London.
Do you have any feedback, 3, 6, 9 months difference processing time, or is it too early yet ?
See the graphs I did a few posts back here:

In particular 'visa exempt'. OK, it does not differentiate between London / Ottawa / Mississauga, but I would say a London application averages between 6 - 9 months from receipt in Mississauga to Decision Made.
Old May 16th 2018, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Stuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Canadian VO's send stuff out by regular mail. As you are British, anything sent out should be via the London (UK) office, so it will be sent by 'normal' Royal Mail. They will send out your CoPR that way, so it is important that you advise them of your correct postal address.
thanks again for your response. I guess Ill give them my forwarding address in the uk - will be much more reliable and faster than a po box here in Dubai.

On another note, sponsor status on ecas changed yesterday to “decision made” - do I urgently need to update the address - does this info come by mail?
Old May 16th 2018, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stuart Adamson

thanks again for your response. I guess Ill give them my forwarding address in the uk - will be much more reliable and faster than a po box here in Dubai.

On another note, sponsor status on ecas changed yesterday to “decision made” - do I urgently need to update the address - does this info come by mail?
Your 'Decision Made' will be the 'Sponsor Approved' decision given your application was only received on 29/3/2018. They should send you a PDF as an attachment to an email confirming this shortly. Then they will tell you what Visa Office (again by email). Then they will start reviewing the file for Principal Applicant approval - all of which is several weeks / a few months down the line - so no, not screamingly urgent to tell them your physical postal address I'm afraid!

Spreadsheet updated.
Old May 16th 2018, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Stuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - I was aware that it was sponsor approved (or NOT!) - just wasnt sure if it came by snailmail (given their propensity for faxes, etc over there!). Have updated address anyway, just in case they feel like jumping a few steps.

Am anxiously awaiting notification of the processing office ( 🤞Ottawa?). Unrealistic, I know but I can hope!
Old May 16th 2018, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

I have to admit that I don’t quite get why they inform us that a decision has been made without specifying what the decision is. Canadian humour?

Old May 16th 2018, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

I have to admit that I don’t quite get why they inform us that a decision has been made without specifying what the decision is. Canadian humour?

Nah, Canadian humour is on the main form: "If your sponsor is found ineligible, so you can't possibly be approved, would you like us to (A) refund your fee? Or to (B) take it, and process your application anyway, even though the only possible answer is 'No'?"

(although it felt redundant since any finding of ineligibility would have been a major shock, my partner and I had a bizarre conversation when he blithely checked 'B' to that one! )
Old May 17th 2018, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Spreadsheet update - medical requested last night and done this morning -notwithstanding the fact that The e-medical system couldn’t find my file as specified by CIC.
Old May 17th 2018, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Spreadsheet update - medical requested last night and done this morning -notwithstanding the fact that The e-medical system couldn’t find my file as specified by CIC.
Thanks for the update - you don't happen to live next door to the surgery do you - coz that was FAST?! Spreadsheet updated.
Old May 17th 2018, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Nope. Other side of town but I’m not hanging around on this. Doing what I can to move things along.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.