Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Nov 30th 2013, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

revzman1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by BenoCanada
Hello there,

The requirement for exploratory visit is 2 years work experience which your wife has so you can apply under your wife name and in the interview the officer will evaluate your file and will decide which will be the main applicant. the question here is Are you and your will go to MB for the interview or only the main applicant?
Hi BenoCanada, thanks for taking the time to get back to me, well both me and my wife would be able to go for the interview, if that would be needed, if not just the main applicant can go, but also i would like to know, how would we go about applying, what documents would they need from her if we are using her now as the main applicant.
Old Nov 30th 2013, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Successful4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by revzman1
Hi BenoCanada, thanks for taking the time to get back to me, well both me and my wife would be able to go for the interview, if that would be needed, if not just the main applicant can go, but also i would like to know, how would we go about applying, what documents would they need from her if we are using her now as the main applicant.
Initially, you do not need much documents..but importantly get her resume up to date, write the IELTS test in advance. These will get you started when the exploratory visit re-opens.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 1:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Successful4ever
Initially, you do not need much documents..but importantly get her resume up to date, write the IELTS test in advance. These will get you started when the exploratory visit re-opens.
thanks alot, i would get her to write the IELTS sometime in January, by that time hopefully the exploratory visit would have re-opened
Old Dec 1st 2013, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

NostalgiaLava is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally I have my mr that was faster than expected now I am freaking out too many things to get prepared!

So if I understand correct we have 60 days to submit the MR and the visa will be issued with expiry date 1 year after visa expiry. Is that what happened with you all who already got the visa?

Cheers!
Old Dec 1st 2013, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

htar is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by NostalgiaLava
Finally I have my mr that was faster than expected now I am freaking out too many things to get prepared!

So if I understand correct we have 60 days to submit the MR and the visa will be issued with expiry date 1 year after visa expiry. Is that what happened with you all who already got the visa?

Cheers!
Good news, Congrats NostalgiaLava, good guide for us, it took almost 6 months from the AOR.
The Visa is valid for 1 year from the medical.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Speedoflight is an unknown quantity at this point

January is too late my friend, you have to have IELTS by Jan1st, because the EV requests usually opens in January and wont last long, so write IELTS asap and get ready to submit your EV if opens in January...

thanks alot, i would get her to write the IELTS sometime in January, by that time hopefully the exploratory visit would have re-opened
Old Dec 1st 2013, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Speedoflight is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Nostalgia....

You are so close, next its PPR

Bravo...

Cheers!
Old Dec 1st 2013, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

FROID is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers!
Hay...Finally....NostalgiaLava
I think you will spend the summer in Peg city
Old Dec 1st 2013, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

Hi Guys, i was looking at the ties requirement with Manitoba and i don't have a family member in Manitoba but i do have a friend Currently in Manitoba, what exactly would i need from him in other to use him as a tie to Manitoba ? like what documentation should i ask him to send
Old Dec 1st 2013, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Boogler is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Revz,

It's a different type of application to the Exploratory Visit if you have a friend already in Manitoba.

From what I understand, from just looking at the Manitoba website for you, you would need to be able to supply documentation to Manitoba PNP proving that your friend has resided in Manitoba for at least one year, is a Permanent Resident or Citizen of Canada, that you have sufficient ties to them as a friend (i.e they're not somebody who's a friend of a friend on facebook who you've never actually met) and that they're not currently sponsoring somebody else already.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

BenoCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys, i was looking at the ties requirement with Manitoba and i don't have a family member in Manitoba but i do have a friend Currently in Manitoba, what exactly would i need from him in other to use him as a tie to Manitoba ? like what documentation should i ask him to send
Hi Revz,

If you already have a friend in Manitoba you are not eligible to apply for Exploratory visit program because your friend can sponsor you directly. Please put in your mind that the exploratory visit program is ONLY for people does not have any connection to Canada.

Best regards
Old Dec 1st 2013, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boogler
Hey Revz,

It's a different type of application to the Exploratory Visit if you have a friend already in Manitoba.

From what I understand, from just looking at the Manitoba website for you, you would need to be able to supply documentation to Manitoba PNP proving that your friend has resided in Manitoba for at least one year, is a Permanent Resident or Citizen of Canada, that you have sufficient ties to them as a friend (i.e they're not somebody who's a friend of a friend on facebook who you've never actually met) and that they're not currently sponsoring somebody else already.
Hi Boogler, thanks for getting back to me, i was just considering since having a friend over there would save me time and money having to travel over there and i noticed the exploratory visa earns you just 5 points and have a friend over there earns you 10 points on the self assessment point.
I do have two friends over there, one has been there for a couple of months which takes him out of the equation, the other has been there for more than a year but i think he is sponsoring his brother, so was hoping he could stand for more than one person
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

beltza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DHL service

Congratulations to all for LOA. I just like to share my experience with DHL Courier service.
I use DHL services to send my CIC application to Sydney, Nova Scotia. They promise to me for delivery of my shipment in 2 days. Now is 1 week and my doc packet is in Nova scotia since 4 days but they are unable to deliver. I am calling again and again to DHL Canada and every time they are making false promises for delivery.
I am too worried for my documents. They dont know where is my packet.
I am suggesting to all my Friends please be careful with DHL.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Revz,

If you've already got a friend who meets the requirements to sponsor you then thats the path I think you should take. The EV is for people who don't have any family or friends already in Manitoba. Like you say the friend route would work out cheaper for you and would probably be quicker too.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hey beltza, I can imagine the frustration and panic you must be feeling over that! Hope they find your documents soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.