IEC 2015

Old Oct 3rd 2015, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

craigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: IEC 2015

I entered Canada 3 weeks ago on my 2 year permit, I haven't worked or even searched yet
I have to leave and go home because my mother has had a heart attack and needs a triple bypass operation.

Does anyone know if IEC/ or Immigration can allow me to either
i. Pause the visa or
ii. Write off the last three weeks as tourist entry. And start my permit when I return next year.
iii. Anything else favourable

I presume no, but it's worth questioning maybe...

Anyone have the best contact details for IEC or Immigration please?
Or any info at all
Thanks
Old Oct 3rd 2015, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by craigthemason
I entered Canada 3 weeks ago on my 2 year permit, I haven't worked or even searched yet
I have to leave and go home because my mother has had a heart attack and needs a triple bypass operation.

Does anyone know if IEC/ or Immigration can allow me to either
i. Pause the visa or
ii. Write off the last three weeks as tourist entry. And start my permit when I return next year.
iii. Anything else favourable

I presume no, but it's worth questioning maybe...

Anyone have the best contact details for IEC or Immigration please?
Or any info at all
Thanks
No they won't pause it or do anything else. Once you get the work permit thats it you get the 2 yrs.
Old Oct 14th 2015, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

tweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond repute

Wondering if somebody can help me here:-
Applying for 2nd participation through MYCIC, within Canada. Having been through the "Come to Canada" Wizard, the options presented do not look at all familiar. The suggestion presented is that I apply for an extension of my existing work permit (not that IEC work permits can be extended) using form IMM 5710 and not IMM 1295. Has something gone wronmg with the Come to Canada wizard?
Old Oct 14th 2015, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tweed_wearer
Wondering if somebody can help me here:-
Applying for 2nd participation through MYCIC, within Canada. Having been through the "Come to Canada" Wizard, the options presented do not look at all familiar. The suggestion presented is that I apply for an extension of my existing work permit (not that IEC work permits can be extended) using form IMM 5710 and not IMM 1295. Has something gone wronmg with the Come to Canada wizard?
You can't apply for a 2nd IEC until the programme opens.

I don't think there's anything "gone wrong" with the Come to Canada tool; it's just not the right tool for what you want to do . [If I've understood your question/problem correctly.]
Old Oct 16th 2015, 12:14 am
Just Joined

156Nathan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all :-]

I recently returned from a year in Canada after doing the 1year 2014 IEC.

I'm looking to participate in the 2016 IEC (2yr)

I can't really remember much of the process when I first applied, which brings me to my questions;

1) When I create my Kompass 2016 account, am I able to register using the same email address I had previously used?

2) Am I also required to create a new MyCIC account, and am I able to use the same email address which I used last time around?

3) Which process is the time critical process i.e. getting on the quota? (creating the Kompass account?)

4) Do we get some form of notice as to when the first round opens? Can you create a Kompass account before the ROUNDS open?

Wish I could remember all the answers to the above, ha!

Thank you :-)
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

WildfireV2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Haven't been on here in a while just wanted to ask a quick question.

Since getting my POI letter or whatever it was back in June and having everything approved and what not, I haven't logged into any MyCIC or IEC or anything like that for over 4 months because I've just been working in the UK to save all the money I need to be ready to go.

I remember it said I had to leave the UK by June 10th 2016 to activate my 2 year IEC, there's no chance that not logging in for a while would cancel anything is there?

Also what's the general checklist of things I need to sort out before going?

Health Insurance, Bank account, accommodation, flights obviously and what else? I'm trying to use IEC as a route to PNP and not just an extended holiday, as I'd rather never come back to the UK.
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 6:05 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WildfireV2

I remember it said I had to leave the UK by June 10th 2016 to activate my 2 year IEC, there's no chance that not logging in for a while would cancel anything is there?

No but I would download that LOI and save it somewhere, email it to yourself and print a copy out. CiC can sometimes be down for maintanance so it's best to have a copy and the officer at your port of entry will want a copy of the LOI.

Also what's the general checklist of things I need to sort out before going?

Health Insurance, Bank account, accommodation, flights obviously and what else?

You need health insurance for the full two years of your IEC and proof of repartition to the UK if needed. Bank account statement no more then 7 days old which shows your funds of at least $2,500 or equivalent in £. I would take a copy of your resume and any documentation to do with your IEC. If you had a medical, take a copy of that proof and a copy of your police certificate. Just take everything. You never know what the CBSA officer will want to see.

I'm trying to use IEC as a route to PNP and not just an extended holiday, as I'd rather never come back to the UK.

Don't you mean express entry - PNP is a route through that as well as CEC and FSW. I would worry about getting into the country, finding a job and getting settled first of all. Then look at your options for staying longer. The grass is not always greener on the other side - I have days when I wonder if staying out here is the best thing.
See above, for some reason it won't let me just answer you questions within your quoted message
Old Dec 19th 2015, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

-dodgy Geezer- is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I participated previously in IEC working holiday program only once (12 months) back in 2012 when you could apply twice (2 x 12 months). I applied and received my LOI for the 2015 quota and i am looking to activate/start it in early 2016 as i am aware that the LOI letter is only valid for 12 months from the date you receive it.

My question is when i arrive in Canada will i still receive a working holiday visa valid for up to 24 months? My understanding is yes. I am sure that there are many people who are in the similar situation as me (participated once before the program change and have been eligible to apply for the 2015 quota) and i was wondering if anyone who has entered Canada through the 2015 Quota could confirm this?

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to reply. It will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by -dodgy Geezer-; Dec 19th 2015 at 5:01 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2015, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by -dodgy Geezer-
Hi all,

I participated previously in IEC working holiday program only once (12 months) back in 2012 when you could apply twice (2 x 12 months). I applied and received my LOI for the 2015 quota and i am looking to activate/start it in early 2016 as i am aware that the LOI letter is only valid for 12 months from the date you receive it.

My question is when i arrive in Canada will i still receive a working holiday visa valid for up to 24 months? My understanding is yes. I am sure that there are many people who are in the similar situation as me (participated once before the program change and have been eligible to apply for the 2015 quota) and i was wondering if anyone who has entered Canada through the 2015 Quota could confirm this?

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to reply. It will be greatly appreciated!
So long as your LOI is still valid, you will get a 2 year permit.
Old Dec 19th 2015, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bc2015
So long as your LOI is still valid, you will get a 2 year permit.
Be careful with this. It's always at the discretion of the officer. There could be factors that cause them to issue less e.g. passport validity or insurance or other factors. I have known people get less than the maximum allowed by the particular country program.

S
Old Dec 19th 2015, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by -dodgy Geezer-
Hi all,

The 2015 programme was 24 month permits. So long as you present yourself with funds, a valid passport for 2 years+, and insurance to cover your time, you should be awarded the full time.
Old Dec 19th 2015, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

-dodgy Geezer- is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes i will make sure that i enter with all the other requirements stated by IEC.