Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Re Medical for immigration to Canada.

Re Medical for immigration to Canada.

Old Dec 20th 2015, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

shaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really nice
Default Re Medical for immigration to Canada.

Hi, right paperwork done. Police check done, Medical done by medimigration, the Doctors reccommended by CIC, see below..
I had all tests done ok, but have heart failure, and have had it years, i had all hospital tests, cardiac catheterisation, Up up Leeds Heart Hospital for echo cardiogram, this was years ago, no problems, yearly bloods bp, etc no problems, am at the moment waiting to see my GP/Heart Nurse for remaining bp, blood results. The main problem is the Medimigration Dr asked me to find a private hospital for two more tests, eg another Echo Cardiogram, and a Nucleonic stress test, this test i refuse to do point blank as the side effects in some cases are Heart Attack. i did not find any private hospitals near that did these tests, and duly rang the Medimigration Dr, and told him i could not find any, also told him the nucleonic stress test will not happen, as i wish to live a little longer. His words no body is twisting your arm, if you don,t feel safe about the stress test. i put the phone down, later that day at 5 pm, the phone rang, i thought it was my wife in Canada, good job i never said "hello love", as it was the Medimigration Dr, he said he had found one in a local Town, would i ring them book an appointment for a Cardioligist, but tell them the tests i require are for my GP, and not to mention Medimigration, get an appointment and the Medimigration Dr will send a covering letter, as CIC require these tests. My point is i have nothing contageous, do not pose a threat to anyone healthwise, and am being Sponsored by my Wife, this should be waivered. The impression i get this is shady, what will my GP say if she gets a letter from this hospital, as i would have to give her practice address and name, This is dishonest to CIC, as they choose Drs for medicals, not Medimigration. I really don,t want to ring up in the morning and get into trouble, sorry to go on, your advise would really be appreciated......Alan.

Last edited by shaman; Dec 20th 2015 at 5:49 pm.
Old Dec 20th 2015, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re Medical for immigration to Canada.

You should only be going to an approved CIC Panel Physician to have any Immigration medical done. CIC can request further tests but they will notify you.
Read these links for more info
How can I find a doctor to provide my immigration medical exam?
Panel Physicians
Old Dec 20th 2015, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

shaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really nice
Default Re: Re Medical for immigration to Canada.

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
You should only be going to an approved CIC Panel Physician to have any Immigration medical done. CIC can request further tests but they will notify you.
Read these links for more info
How can I find a doctor to provide my immigration medical exam?
Panel Physicians
Hi i have had my Immigration Medical done by Medimigration, its the Dr here who is causing problems.....Alan. ps i passed apart from these two tests which CIC want....Regards Alan.