IEC 2014

Old Dec 10th 2013, 1:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2014

Originally Posted by JohnDerry
This system seems unnecessarily stressful and mysterious.

Without knowing how indepth the questions on the inital Kompass application are, how is one to prepare?
I'm genuinely intrigued. What question do you think they could possibly ask that somebody wouldn't be prepared for?!

It's not a quiz on nuclear physics, it's simply an application form.
Old Dec 10th 2013, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

otoro is an unknown quantity at this point

applying for our 2nd IEC now - my gf had her medical done in april 2013 to change her work visa to open (though the visa still expires on the original date, march 2014). the question is, would she need to have another medical done again?? the results of the medical are probably still in the CIC database. hopefully we don't need to go through that BS again!
Old Dec 10th 2013, 1:57 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I'm genuinely intrigued. What question do you think they could possibly ask that somebody wouldn't be prepared for?!

Agreed, if you can't fill out an application form about who you are then should you really be moving to a different country?
Old Dec 10th 2013, 2:58 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by otoro
applying for our 2nd IEC now - my gf had her medical done in april 2013 to change her work visa to open (though the visa still expires on the original date, march 2014). the question is, would she need to have another medical done again?? the results of the medical are probably still in the CIC database. hopefully we don't need to go through that BS again!
I would also like to know about this...
Old Dec 10th 2013, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
I would also like to know about this...
I'm guessing they will just check against their database and let you know once you're at the CIC stage whether you need to do it again or not. Can't find anywhere that talks about this
Old Dec 10th 2013, 4:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Medical validity is one year, so it should be valid until April 2014.

HTH.
Old Dec 10th 2013, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Medical validity is one year, so it should be valid until April 2014.

HTH.
thanks! that wouldn't bring the validity of the visa down to april 2014 though either would it?
Old Dec 10th 2013, 4:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

thanks! that wouldn't bring the validity of the visa down to april 2014 though either would it?
No, the length of time on the visa has nothing to do with the medical validity so don't worry about that.
Old Dec 10th 2013, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

No, the length of time on the visa has nothing to do with the medical validity so don't worry about that.
sweet thanks
Old Dec 10th 2013, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy_1990
Passport photocopy, it says I must have a spare blank page other than the back do they need a photocopy of this? Or just for me to have it ?
Did we have/ or does anybody have an answer to this?

Cheers
Old Dec 10th 2013, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

IrishGuyAbroad is an unknown quantity at this point

the Canada forum is one of the friendliest and most helpful on BE! Somebody is always willing to try and help. If you want to see scary, then visit the US or Middle East forums.
!
+1, I was in the Cyprus forum for a while as I lived there a few years ago and I used to be half afraid of posting! The help here is great in comparison
Old Dec 10th 2013, 7:42 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CRAY
Did we have/ or does anybody have an answer to this?

Cheers
If you read the document instructions, it states:
"... A clear, legible photocopy of the identification pages of your passport (family names, given name(s), date and place of birth, passport’s issue and expiry dates)... "
The blank page is so that you can have your work permit stamp put in, nothing more.

Old Dec 10th 2013, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks siouxie,

I know this is an obscure question but have we heard of any people having problems in terms of the passport image being a certain file or pixel size? Some sites requiring uploads will give you limits etc.

If nobody knows then fair enough. Just thought I would ask
Old Dec 10th 2013, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

JohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant future

Its the potential detail that might be required which is causing panic.

For instance, are there questions about other immediate family members as there are in the PR applications?

If so, its information that you might not have off the top or your head, and with all of this talk about places in some instances disappearing within a couple of hours there isn't much time for conferring.
Old Dec 10th 2013, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

JohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Agreed, if you can't fill out an application form about who you are then should you really be moving to a different country?

See my reply, having filled out a PR application I can assure you that not all of the information requested was at hand.

This is a different visa and process but without any insight into the application, i'm unable to determine just how different it is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.