Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

Old Mar 28th 2010, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Swirls is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

We need to hurry and get out application back in then! Got a letter on Friday saying that they need more details of my husbands job - will get him to do it this week so it gets back before the 16th April.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swirls
We need to hurry and get out application back in then! Got a letter on Friday saying that they need more details of my husbands job - will get him to do it this week so it gets back before the 16th April.
Its interesting Sydney have requested more info, is your hubby's job/ NOC on the current 'list' for FSWcat1 applications.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by joinerboy
Its interesting Sydney have requested more info, is your hubby's job/ NOC on the current 'list' for FSWcat1 applications.
Yep - it's on the list - IT manager (I can't remember the actual code and can't look as the inlaws are here and they know nothing of Canada yet!) They wanted more clarification of the terms management, consultant,team leader and what running the business actually means. Well I assume so as those bits were underlined in red! We only used the small box on the schedule 3 section so we will be adding lots more detail as an attachment.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

I wish you all the best with your application and i remember been told when i applied ' anything worth having is never easy '
Old Mar 28th 2010, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by joinerboy
I wish you all the best with your application and i remember been told when i applied ' anything worth having is never easy '
Thank you - we aren't expecting it to be easy. I'm readying myself for lots of stress - good for weight loss I'm told
Old Mar 28th 2010, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Swirls
Thank you - we aren't expecting it to be easy. I'm readying myself for lots of stress - good for weight loss I'm told

Once you receive those PPR's it all seems worth it .
Old Apr 7th 2010, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Jpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of light
Default Changes to Occupation List upcoming in May?

According to http://www.workpermit.com/news/

"There will also be changes to the Canadian occupation list from 1 May 2010. It is expected that some occupations will be taken off the list. If you meet the requirements for Canadian immigration it may be advisable to apply now before the changes to the Canadian occupation list."

Has anyone else heard this? I am about to apply under the skilled worker category and am currently on 'the list' but this has got me panicking as I'm not quite in a position to send my application off.

Any basis in fact or is this just rumour?

cheers

Jools
Warminster, UK
Old Apr 7th 2010, 7:13 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changes to Occupation List upcoming in May?

Christmasoompa started a thread regarding this not long ago... It was sticky for a while.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=659730
Old Apr 7th 2010, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Any idea where they have got the date of 1 May from?
Old Apr 7th 2010, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Jpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of light

Many thanks, looks like I'll have to get the paperwork and fee together very quickly!

Wonder when the new list will become official and whether it will affect the initial applications already received by NS, i.e if they receive my application before the end of April will that be enough?
Old Apr 8th 2010, 12:30 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Any idea where they have got the date of 1 May from?
They made it up. Since the public consultations don't end until Mid April, I doubt much that a new list would be in place May 1st. But then I could be wrong, the list could already be decided and they are just going through the motions.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 7:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Christmasoompa started a thread regarding this not long ago... It was sticky for a while.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=659730
It wasn't sticky, I just bumped it, but think I might make it sticky actually - good thinking Iain! Will also merge this with it to keep everything in one place.

Old Apr 8th 2010, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

But then I could be wrong, the list could already be decided and they are just going through the motions.
Now you're scaring me....
Old Apr 8th 2010, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future

Hi guys,

I am very worried that my occupation might be taken off the FSW1 list, I am a Crane driver (NOC 7371 ) and I am trying to get my application sorted and sent asap.

Can anybody give me their expert advice whether my occupation has a risk of being removed from the list???

Please if someone can get me some reassurance or thoughts I will be grateful

thanks.......................

Bal
Old Apr 8th 2010, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

I don't think anyone really knows.

The advice is - if you CAN apply before the 16th, then DO. Don't wait around to see if your job stays on the List.

We can't apply until one year's experience has been obtained, which is 23rd April. Others in same situation - waiting for one year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.