Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Old Jan 23rd 2012, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by heading-west
OMG!!! now I am panicking as we have changed address twice since we sold our house!!! does your ecas status show your old address? if any?
Unable to check as have never gone 'in process'
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
Unable to check as have never gone 'in process'
oh boy!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

nevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nice

Hi all,

We got our medical request in the post in Vancouver today, sent from London on January 17th! Needless to say we're very happy after a long wait so I wanted to let those of you still waiting know that there is movement.

CIC has requested that I provide the following within 60 days-

- Updated Schedule A Background/ Declaration form for me and my partner
- Updated Additional Family Information form for me and my partner
- Medical Examinations
- Right of Permanent Residence Fee
- Updated Police Clearance form for me and my partner

Have others found that they were required to provide updated forms in addition to the medical request and the RPR fee? What are the typical reasons that they request this? And at this stage what is the approval rate? I've heard from some people that once you get a medical request that's a pretty good sign that you will get permanent residency provided that your health is ok and everything checks out re: police background checks etc.

What is the timeline now once our medicals are processed? The letter from CIC says that you should allow 2-3 months for medical processing. So let's say I get all the above to CIC by the end of the month, by the time the meds are processed that will bring us up to approx. the end of April. I ask because I'm on a TWP that will expire at the end of July. Do we have a good chance of getting Permanent Residency by then? If not, I'll have to ask my employer to go down the LMO route again.

Keep the faith!

Nevee.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 1:10 am
pfw
Forum Regular

pfw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nevee
Hi all,

- Medical Examinations

Have others found that they were required to provide updated forms in addition to the medical request and the RPR fee?
Yes, we were requested most of this IIRC. I suspect it's just because so long has elapsed since the original forms that they want updated info to make sure everything is still current. Luckily it's not too much work to redo a couple of forms.

Medicals to passport requests wasn't that long for us - see my timescale below. The main hurdle seems to be getting someone to actually start processing your file.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

bongobrad is an unknown quantity at this point

I would be interested to know if any one in this time line has received there medicals through there Consultant if they used one in Canada, as it seems that everyone who has recived medicals had completed there applications on there own, and medicals have been sent direct to there home address. ?
We have used Goldman Associates.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bongobrad
I would be interested to know if any one in this time line has received there medicals through there Consultant if they used one in Canada, as it seems that everyone who has recived medicals had completed there applications on there own, and medicals have been sent direct to there home address. ?
Having mine in Kingston ON next month, informed by staff that my medical results would be sent to Ottawa who then forward on to London cic.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 1:48 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nevee
Hi all,

We got our medical request in the post in Vancouver today, sent from London on January 17th! Needless to say we're very happy after a long wait so I wanted to let those of you still waiting know that there is movement.

- Medical Examinations

Have others found that they were required to provide updated forms in addition to the medical request and the RPR fee? What are the typical reasons that they request this? And at this stage what is the approval rate? I've heard from some people that once you get a medical request that's a pretty good sign that you will get permanent residency provided that your health is ok and everything checks out re: police background checks etc.

What is the timeline now once our medicals are processed? The letter from CIC says that you should allow 2-3 months for medical processing. So let's say I get all the above to CIC by the end of the month, by the time the meds are processed that will bring us up to approx. the end of April. I ask because I'm on a TWP that will expire at the end of July. Do we have a good chance of getting Permanent Residency by then? If not, I'll have to ask my employer to go down the LMO route again.

Keep the faith!

Nevee.
Hi Neeve,

Our medical request bundle asked for the following, within 60 days;
Medical examination
RPRF
Original Police Certificates for us both.

That's it. No more updated forms or anything.

My issue is their letter was dated 4/12/11 (which was a sunday, so i'm assuming its an error) and we received it on 05/01/12. This means that I will be able to get to them everything within 60 days, apart from the medical results, which are now out of my hands

I've put a covering letter in with my documents though, explaining and also saying I think they made a mistake dating it 4/12/11 (eeeek, lets see how that goes down )

I am guesstimating anything from 3 weeks to 3 months for passport requests, if all is found to be OK.

Good luck with yours,
Katie
Old Jan 27th 2012, 3:13 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Dear All - Does anyone know how to inform the London office that I will no longer be using my immigration representative. I think I just need to send them this form http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5476E.PDF but shall I email a signed copy or post?
Old Jan 27th 2012, 3:16 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by unusual78
Dear All - Does anyone know how to inform the London office that I will no longer be using my immigration representative. I think I just need to send them this form http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5476E.PDF but shall I email a signed copy or post?
here is the correct link to the form dead members http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5476E.PDF
Old Jan 27th 2012, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by misskatpaw

Our medical request bundle asked for the following, within 60 days;
Medical examination
RPRF
Original Police Certificates for us both.

That's it. No more updated forms or anything.
Same for us.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 6:37 am
Just Joined

digg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
Hi digg,
Nice one! Hopefully it says on both the front screen and the page that you click through to, which gives the dates when your file was received, transferred to London etc.
In may 11, ours changed to in process on the front screen but not the second screen. That only happened for us last week!
Checked today and it went into process officially ten days ago (Jan 16th)! Seems to be about a month-6 weeks since the status changed in December. That's some time difference compared to you. It seems there isn't a rule of thumb one can apply to determining dates. Next stop medicals (or rejection!).
Old Jan 27th 2012, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

-

- Medical Examinations

Keep the faith!

Nevee.[/QUOTE]

We have to send all of the above, most likely due to last forms and police certs 2010 and we also got married in 2010!?

Good Luck
Old Jan 27th 2012, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bongobrad
Hi Bongobrad,

We've used Goldmans too and were worried as now in Canada on work permits. Advised Goldmans to update CHC London with our Canadian address but although they will do this they said that CHC usually send med requests for FSW applications to them, not direct to applicant.

Hope this helps, but you can always email Ian to check to put your mind at rest.

Tracy
Old Jan 30th 2012, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

*Drumroll*...

Ecas Update...

"Your application was reviewed and we started processing on January 24, 2012."

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ........ and i'm not on the current NOC list!!!!
Old Jan 30th 2012, 8:22 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MapleSauce
*Drumroll*...

Ecas Update...

"Your application was reviewed and we started processing on January 24, 2012."

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ........ and i'm not on the current NOC list!!!!
Congrats - Hope the rest of the process goes smoothly

were still pending review!

Mac2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.