Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Old Nov 8th 2011, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

bongobrad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Thats great news me and my partner have gor roughley the same dates as you AOR Aug 2010.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pfw
Update - Med Requests received today

It's been redirected from our old address which suggests the new address hasn't got through the system yet. They're also asking for updated proof of employment and one of the forms to be done again with updated information - this should be easy to do - the main thing is the med requests

Hopefully this means things are happening and others will see some movement soon
That's fab news Really pleased to see some movement on this thread.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

fridgedesign is an unknown quantity at this point

@ pfw

Congratulations! Finally something is moving. You're on the same time line as me too... Excited!! ha ha

Anyway, did they update you ECAS?
Old Nov 8th 2011, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Zhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations pfw! Good news! But for the rest of us with the same AOR dates, I am doubtful there is a reason for renewed hopes - I thought FSW2s would be dealt with much faster than FSW1s anyway. Or am I wrong? I hope I am Anyone knows the answer?
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a temporary work permit ? We have planned to Move over in Spring (April time ) as we are selling our business and will be free to do whatover by the end of January.
I was thinking if we still have not herd anything by Jan, what our options where.
I am by trade and Electrical Engineer so I was gioing to see about getting a job in Vancouver on a temp visa so at least we are living over in Canada. While we wait.
Our originaly plan was to get our PR and travel a bit before either looking for a job or starting another business.
Any one got any ideas ?
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bongobrad
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a temporary work permit ? We have planned to Move over in Spring (April time ) as we are selling our business and will be free to do whatover by the end of January.
I was thinking if we still have not herd anything by Jan, what our options where.
I am by trade and Electrical Engineer so I was gioing to see about getting a job in Vancouver on a temp visa so at least we are living over in Canada. While we wait.
Our originaly plan was to get our PR and travel a bit before either looking for a job or starting another business.
Any one got any ideas ?
The Temp Work Permit doesn't take long at all - assuming you are a UKC and don't need a medical, you can actually just get one at the airport when you arrive, or alternatively if you do want to apply by post via the CHC, it takes 8-10 weeks.

The bit that takes the time is finding a job offer (especially as you are an electrical engineer, presumably you'll need your Red Seal first?), and then waiting for the LMO, which can take several months to obtain, before you can apply for the TWP.

HTH.

Old Nov 9th 2011, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Im actually more involved with Electrical Contracts management know rather than on the tools, so im not sure if I would need to get the red seal.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Post Re: AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Hi all I thought I would just let you all know after my email from the London Embassy the other day which seems to be there standard responce to chase up's.
I replied and questioned them -Thank you for your reply I’m slightly confused as the London Embassy did not receive our Application until August 2010 so we are not under the Old Rules ( June 2010 ) ?There reply ( which I did not think i would get to be honest as the last email was there standard reply )

Mr. Norman,

We received your application March 3rd, 2010 so you do in deed fall into this backlog.

We endeavour to tend to your file as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (KLH)

Just thought I would let you guys know as the rules are from when you first applied to Sydney not London which i did not know.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Hi all I thought I would just let you all know after my email from the London Embassy the other day which seems to be there standard responce to chase up's.
I replied and questioned them -Thank you for your reply I’m slightly confused as the London Embassy did not receive our Application until August 2010 so we are not under the Old Rules ( June 2010 ) ?There reply ( which I did not think i would get to be honest as the last email was there standard reply )

Mr. Norman,

We received your application March 3rd, 2010 so you do in deed fall into this backlog.

We endeavour to tend to your file as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely,

Just thought I would let you guys know as the rules are from when you first applied to Sydney not London which i did not know.
Interesting
Old Nov 9th 2011, 12:59 pm
pfw
Forum Regular

pfw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zhanna
Congratulations pfw! Good news! But for the rest of us with the same AOR dates, I am doubtful there is a reason for renewed hopes - I thought FSW2s would be dealt with much faster than FSW1s anyway. Or am I wrong? I hope I am Anyone knows the answer?
TBH I don't know. It seems to be me that FSW2 could be simpler to do, but there's nothing on any official site or documentation that I can see that indicates shorter processing times. I'm not even sure if FSW2 applications just go into the same "pile" as FSW1 ones.

IMO our application should be quite straightforward to process as I'm already here and intending to keep my current TWP job assuming we get PR. Perhaps this helped. Or it could be the changed address just meant our application was dug out of the pile and someone decided to look at it.

I do hope that other people get med requests soon and this means things are moving but I would be cautious until other people and FSW1 on similar timelines get med requests.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pfw
TBH I don't know. It seems to be me that FSW2 could be simpler to do, but there's nothing on any official site or documentation that I can see that indicates shorter processing times. I'm not even sure if FSW2 applications just go into the same "pile" as FSW1 ones.

IMO our application should be quite straightforward to process as I'm already here and intending to keep my current TWP job assuming we get PR. Perhaps this helped. Or it could be the changed address just meant our application was dug out of the pile and someone decided to look at it.

I do hope that other people get med requests soon and this means things are moving but I would be cautious until other people and FSW1 on similar timelines get med requests.
Hi Pfw, can you explain how you got a TWP, did you apply for a job in Canada or was it a tranfer from a company in the UK ?

As this may the option I will try and go for in spring if we are still waiting for our PR
Old Nov 9th 2011, 3:29 pm
pfw
Forum Regular

pfw is an unknown quantity at this point

It was basically an intra company transfer. I'm doing the same job here in Canada that I was doing in London.

But I now have some Canadian people working for me and any future new employees may be based in Toronto rather than London. So it's easy to argue that I'm not taking jobs from any Canadians (the reverse, really, if anything I'm taking jobs from the UK). Although for my TWP application a company lawyer handled all these details and made the arguments for LMO exemption.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Every one ,
Just to let every one know I had this reply to my email to chase up our Visa in process today, I basicaly asked would it be faster for me to re-apply under the new scheme, as im hearing theses storys of new applicated getting thee PR after only 10 months ......

Mr. Norman,

Unfortunately I cannot advise on processing time frames for any Immigration program. It will be your decision to either maintain your place in queue or begin again.

Please note that we are processing applications chronologically and by urgency.

Yours sincerely,

As per normal not very helpful !!
Old Nov 10th 2011, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Hi Every one ,
Just to let every one know I had this reply to my email to chase up our Visa in process today, I basicaly asked would it be faster for me to re-apply under the new scheme, as im hearing theses storys of new applicated getting thee PR after only 10 months ......

Mr. Norman,

Unfortunately I cannot advise on processing time frames for any Immigration program. It will be your decision to either maintain your place in queue or begin again.

Please note that we are processing applications chronologically and by urgency.

Yours sincerely,

As per normal not very helpful !!
you get 10 out of 10 for trying though, and the CIC response emails are better than the standard 'thanks but don't call us' emails that we have seen previously.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Originally Posted by heading-west
you get 10 out of 10 for trying though, and the CIC response emails are better than the standard 'thanks but don't call us' emails that we have seen previously.
Agreed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.