Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Old Oct 13th 2011, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of
Default Re: AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Really doesn't make any sense does it, you should be able to say to them "You might as well process my PR if you're going to do all this work for my TWP.."

Congrat's on the TWP progress!
Thanks RDofD, yes doesn't make sense does it, why not process our PR while they're at it. Sadly it doesn't work like that. We are a bit nervous about going this route but alternative is to wait possibly another year the way CHC keep moving goalposts.

Seems mad to me that it takes so long especially as they seem to need people in Canada. I think NS in particular has a real deficit of people and projections for the future are that without immigration there won't be enough people to fill the job vacancies in years to come.

When we visited schools in May the staff we spoke to about enrolling our children said that the number of children on roll is dropping every year! Where is everyone going or do Nova Scotians not breed
Old Oct 13th 2011, 7:07 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracys
Thanks RDofD, yes doesn't make sense does it, why not process our PR while they're at it. Sadly it doesn't work like that. We are a bit nervous about going this route but alternative is to wait possibly another year the way CHC keep moving goalposts.

Seems mad to me that it takes so long especially as they seem to need people in Canada. I think NS in particular has a real deficit of people and projections for the future are that without immigration there won't be enough people to fill the job vacancies in years to come.

When we visited schools in May the staff we spoke to about enrolling our children said that the number of children on roll is dropping every year! Where is everyone going or do Nova Scotians not breed
West.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
West.

We were going west at one point but rising house prices there and falling ones here meant we decided to look at other provinces. As I love the ocean it had to be Atlantic Canada. The closer proximity to UK also played a part for ease of visiting, plus I hate flying

You never know though, maybe we'll retire to Van Island one day.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 7:22 am

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

We were going west at one point but rising house prices there and falling ones here meant we decided to look at other provinces. As I love the ocean it had to be Atlantic Canada. The closer proximity to UK also played a part for ease of visiting, plus I hate flying

You never know though, maybe we'll retire to Van Island one day.
Well, west from NS also includes Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, etc. etc.

That's what I meant. These places tend to be where the jobs are.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Well, west from NS also includes Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, etc. etc.

That's what I meant. These places tend to be where the jobs are.
I always forget about the prairies as they were never on our radar because they are landlocked. Being near the coast is an important issue for us so we only ever really considered east coast or west coast.

Having said that, we loved Alberta and interior BC on our first trip to Canada. We did an RV trip from Calgary to Vancouver and fell in love with the scenery and the space. Loved Jasper in particular and Tofino on V. Island.

Ontario is probably a better option jobwise but we are going to try our luck in NS first and re-evaluate if OH can't find a decent job. My having a job to go to helps but working as a nursery teacher won't pay the mortgage. he finds something quickly.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 8:55 am

I always forget about the prairies as they were never on our radar because they are landlocked. Being near the coast is an important issue for us so we only ever really considered east coast or west coast.

Having said that, we loved Alberta and interior BC on our first trip to Canada. We did an RV trip from Calgary to Vancouver and fell in love with the scenery and the space. Loved Jasper in particular and Tofino on V. Island.

Ontario is probably a better option jobwise but we are going to try our luck in NS first and re-evaluate if OH can't find a decent job. My having a job to go to helps but working as a nursery teacher won't pay the mortgage. he finds something quickly.
totally get the coastal thing. Good luck with the job hunt.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=tracys;9673522]I always forget about the prairies as they were never on our radar because they are landlocked. Being near the coast is an important issue for us so we only ever really considered east coast or west coast.

If you like the coast you´ll like anywhere near Lake Ontario. Same as you I love living by the sea (live near Gosport at moment) but having been to Kingston, ON on Lake Ontario I can assure you it feels the same as being by the sea! Should give it a try.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 4:04 am
BE Enthusiast

totally get the coastal thing. Good luck with the job hunt.
Thanks
Old Oct 14th 2011, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=anunlikelyunion;9674249]

If you like the coast you´ll like anywhere near Lake Ontario. Same as you I love living by the sea (live near Gosport at moment) but having been to Kingston, ON on Lake Ontario I can assure you it feels the same as being by the sea! Should give it a try.
Definitely intend to visit and it's our back-up plan if NS doesn't work out.

Tracy
Old Nov 1st 2011, 2:01 pm
pfw
Forum Regular

pfw is an unknown quantity at this point

Checked ECAS this evening and maybe, just maybe, some movement

My address has disappeared, application status is still "In process". But when I click the "In process" link for details, as well as the usual text about them receiving the application in 2010 and it being "pending review" (which has been unchanged for about 6 months) we have:

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on October 24, 2011.

Also our address has disappeared. We moved a few months back and sent them a change of address (by registered post), perhaps this has kickstarted something. I'm not 100% trusting of ECAS but this time I'm hoping it's right.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

That's looking very positive!! Good luck!!
Old Nov 1st 2011, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

That sounds very positive indeed! fingers crossed that the squeeky wheels have started to turn at last
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

I felt a glimmer of hope when reading your post. It's the first time I've felt that in over a year
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Have to agree. Great news. Lets hope for that brown London stamped envelope arriving to our homes soon.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 4:04 am
Just Joined

jss42 will become famous soon enoughjss42 will become famous soon enough

Sounds promising, fingers crossed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.