Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Making noise on Sunday afternoons

Making noise on Sunday afternoons

Old Jul 1st 2017, 8:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Making noise on Sunday afternoons

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
As you don't know me or my lifestyle I find it difficult to understand how you could make such an arrogant comment.
I work hard and do work long hours and as for trusting someone to come and cut my grass for me, that would be out of the question. I used to have a young guy who would do it for me but he went off to join the army. Most of the other locals I wouldn't want wandering around my property. This year has also been difficult due to the weather. Often, when I have had the time the weather has been against me.
You list your interests as walking, nature & fishing - peaceful pursuits, best enjoyed in a peaceful environment.
Old Jul 1st 2017, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure why noise from any kind of machinery should be an issue because in the area where my wife's family live dogs bark 24/7/365!
Old Jul 1st 2017, 9:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
I'm not sure why noise from any kind of machinery should be an issue because in the area where my wife's family live dogs bark 24/7/365!
Dogs can't help themselves, humans can!
Old Jul 1st 2017, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Dogs can't help themselves, humans can!
Dogs can't help themselves - its up to humans to train them.

As has been said - No bad dogs, just bad owners!!
Old Jul 1st 2017, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Szeged is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cdw057
As some of the other contributors, I like the quietness during the weekend (and for that matter on weekdays as well). I honestly have difficulties to imagine that one only has the opportunity to cut grass on Sunday (unless you have a VERY busy job, but then again affording some gardeners to help out at other times should not be an issue).
In Hungary many people work six days a week whereby they can only do the grass on a Sunday. Hence the recent uproar of Sunday shop closing (i.e. Tesco closed on a Sunday - The only day Hungarians had the time to shop). It is not a case of being so busy that they cannot mow on a Wednesday for example, but because they are tired from work, have to do house chores, look after kids, etc. As an expat you (you in general) might not see these things happen because you (you in general) are in your (your in general) expat-bubble.

With regards to noise - Live on a council estate in London (UK) for five minutes and you will hear music blaring not from one house but from many houses. Car music and horns too. People screaming and shouting....in the early hours of the morning. So, to me, a lawn mower would be a pleasant sound!
Old Jul 1st 2017, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Szeged
In Hungary many people work six days a week whereby they can only do the grass on a Sunday. Hence the recent uproar of Sunday shop closing (i.e. Tesco closed on a Sunday - The only day Hungarians had the time to shop). It is not a case of being so busy that they cannot mow on a Wednesday for example, but because they are tired from work, have to do house chores, look after kids, etc. As an expat you (you in general) might not see these things happen because you (you in general) are in your (your in general) expat-bubble.

With regards to noise - Live on a council estate in London (UK) for five minutes and you will hear music blaring not from one house but from many houses. Car music and horns too. People screaming and shouting....in the early hours of the morning. So, to me, a lawn mower would be a pleasant sound!
With reference to my(?) expat bubble -

1) My earlier post
. I have to say that importing British anti social habits would be bad form!
2) Much of my perception stems from the lack of noise on Sundays from our many Hungarian neighbours - a massive change from the infernal racket we had to put with during our sojourn on the fringes of the New Forest.

3) Lets remember the OP raised the question of regulations, however as he says he can only cut his grass on Sunday afternoon it seems academic - was the question prompted by a complaint, or was there another reason?

Last edited by scrubbedexpat142; Jul 1st 2017 at 4:23 pm.
Old Jul 2nd 2017, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

GBA77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh dear!

I want to/need to reply to this but have just returned from church service so will leave it for another day when the spirit ual influence is not as great as it is now.

GBA