Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Old Jul 14th 2009, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

anthonyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Originally Posted by chris68
cheers for the welcome Blackie, anybody here near Toulouse?
Hi Chris,

Not there at the mo, but it's my home town.
God's own city!
Old Jul 18th 2009, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

Location: Down in the jungle living in a tent... better than a prefab no rent.
Wonkay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

If all goes well We will be moving to Toulouse in Febuary.

Wonkay xXx
Old Jul 19th 2009, 8:50 am
Just Joined

anthonyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Best of luck Wonkay!

I can think of nowhere better in Europe to settle these days.
Work permitting, I'm heading back out of the UK quick-sharp.

Now to find that job...:fingerscros sed:
Old Jul 19th 2009, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

brooky25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just like to say Hi from me and what a helpful forum this is. Keep up the good work
regards
brooky
Old Jul 30th 2009, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

kt78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Really interesting reading everyone's posts, thanks! I'm a 30 year old Brit about to move to Lyon (til the end of the year) and then Montpellier (at the start of 2010). I'll be learning French in Lyon, my partner is French and is working there. Any tips on a Brit moving to Lyon or Montpellier would be great It would be good to get some work experience (unpaid would be fine) in a French environment too so suggestions there would also be appreciated!
Old Aug 24th 2009, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

Charantedreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Hi, We are just coming to the end of our second summer near Chabanais and love it. Unfortunately we are only here for the school hols each year but can't wait until we can come for good. We have 3 children 15, 12 and 8, the middle one being a girl who hates it here so it looks as if we have a long wait. Reading all the threads just now have made me even more envious of those living here! Sally
Old Aug 25th 2009, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Blackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud of

Hi Charentedreamer!
We are driving down to the Charente on saturday morning to sign the final sales contract on our house in the Charente, so we'll almost be neighbours! We are a bit further south than you, down past Angouleme, but still in the same beautiful Departement. Like you, we can't move completely yet, because of work comitments here in Sweden for the next couple of years, but if we win the lottery, we'll be outa here quickern you could say exit visa.
Hope we meet up some time!
Blackie
Old Aug 25th 2009, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

s728 is an unknown quantity at this point

afternoon
Old Aug 25th 2009, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a pretty little village near Thiviers off the N21
onlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by s728
afternoon
Hello New member and welcome. Are you living in France at present?
Blackadder I'm not in the Charente but if you're south of Angoulême you won't be far from me. Hope everything sorts itself out quickly for you.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 6:17 am
Just Joined

Not living here yet - looks like we'll have to wait for the children to fly the nest although I can't imagine not coming without them. Wish I could spell Charente as well - now it's my username and I made a typo!
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a pretty little village near Thiviers off the N21
onlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Charantedreamer
Not living here yet - looks like we'll have to wait for the children to fly the nest although I can't imagine not coming without them. Wish I could spell Charente as well - now it's my username and I made a typo!
Guess you must just have been in a dreamy state when you made up your name I believe the anglicised version is how you spelt it anyway.
Yes France is a great place for kids and that includes ones who are my age. If it's any consolation it's b** expensive here at present (food, electricity) so count your blessings and save your pennies. On the positive side I'm sitting at my desk for a few minutes, in warm sunshine looking out on my peach tree which is laden with fruit this year and on my buddleia which is smothered with exotic butterflies and moths. Now I'm off to paint windows before the seasons change. some jobs just don't go away wherever you live.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 10:25 am
Just Joined

We are still in France until the end of the week - off to Angouleme with my daughter shopping now - an experience! I have my Dad here painting windows, part hol, part helping.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Docthebiker is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Hi Then.
Nothing special here.
Just your average chateau dwelling Biker.
I have the average number of legs for a human (which is LESS then one). Above average kids and a kinky wife.
Been in France 6 years now and still pants with the language.
Better then the UK (don't get me started), so pleased to be here.
Attached Thumbnails Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)-doc.jpg  
Old Aug 28th 2009, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

Docthebiker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Docthebiker
Hi Then.
Nothing special here.
Just your average chateau dwelling Biker.
I have the average number of legs for a human (which is LESS then one). Above average kids and a kinky wife.
Been in France 6 years now and still pants with the language.
Better then the UK (don't get me started), so pleased to be here.
Sorry make that average number of legs I have "less then TWO"
Old Aug 29th 2009, 6:45 am
Just moved!

rutheglen is an unknown quantity at this point

Salut!
My daughters and I moved to France at the beginning of August to live with my french fiance. Just about settled in now - all the boxes are unpacked and I'm starting to get to grips with the local roads (eek - right priorities!)
We are living in Mutzig, near Strasbourg. The girls are starting school next week in Strasbourg - they are almost 15 and almost 11. We're all looking to make new friends - please drop me a line! My french isn't great to be honest, but I'm learning, same for the girls.
Looking forward to hearing from you
Ruth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.