Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hello from Greece

Hello from Greece

Old May 23rd 2008, 7:26 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Greece

Originally Posted by meauxna
No, generic English/Scots/German mix...

LOL...
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

JackBauer247 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna

(see MY member title)

What kind of job are you thinking of, Nick? Do you want to live in the city, or elsewhere?
I got a job easily, but I'm not sure it's the kind you're looking for!

what a coincidence

to tell you the truth, i dont really mind if its in the City or elsewhere, i'm not really a fussy type of person

Job wise i'm the same as well , as long as its a decent job i'll do it.

How did you go about finding a Job in Greece, was it the Internet or did you go to Greece in Person and asked about ?

btw if you dont mind me asking what kind of job have you got ?
Old May 25th 2008, 8:04 am
GDE
Just Joined

GDE is just really niceGDE is just really niceGDE is just really niceGDE is just really niceGDE is just really niceGDE is just really niceGDE is just really niceGDE is just really nice

Originally Posted by JackBauer247
what a coincidence

to tell you the truth, i dont really mind if its in the City or elsewhere, i'm not really a fussy type of person

Job wise i'm the same as well , as long as its a decent job i'll do it.

How did you go about finding a Job in Greece, was it the Internet or did you go to Greece in Person and asked about ?

btw if you dont mind me asking what kind of job have you got ?
If you do not speak Greek, you may find it difficult to get a job there. Your best bet is in tourism. That is, try to get a job in a bar or hotel on an island. Use the time to learn the language and upgrade.

Alternatively, try to find a job via a company which has a head office in your country.
Old May 26th 2008, 7:36 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with GDE--- job options are limited without some Greek. I didn't find Greek so hard to pick up for conversation, but at a business level? Plan on some classes!
Sent you a PM with the other stuff.
Old May 26th 2008, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by GDE
If you do not speak Greek, you may find it difficult to get a job there. Your best bet is in tourism. That is, try to get a job in a bar or hotel on an island. Use the time to learn the language and upgrade.

Alternatively, try to find a job via a company which has a head office in your country.
I know some basic greek to get by there, i'm learning more as well.

so hopefully i'll have some luck there.

i guess i'll find out next week
Old May 28th 2008, 11:12 am
Just Joined

Ξ—ere's some more information on the kind of Job i'm looking for.

I'm going to be in Athens next week .

I'm not looking for big career type job, i'm just looking for a casual labor job like working in Shops, Restaurants or any warehouse job that requires picking and packing or any unloading and loading.

I know some basic Greek , Currently learning more as well.

hope that sheds some light.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 6:56 am
GDE
Just Joined

GDE is just really niceGDE is just really niceGDE is just really niceGDE is just really niceGDE is just really niceGDE is just really niceGDE is just really niceGDE is just really nice

Originally Posted by britex01
Late September is the earliest we can hope to get away, but I understand the weather is still very good in Greece at that time of year.

Thanks for your input, Lionheart. Appreciated ...

--
Late september should be fine for Greece. But do not go any later. Have a look at this article about the best time to travel to Greece.

Skiathos is a fine island. But because of the trees, as I recall, it gets alot of mosquitos. I hate mosquitos. Alot of Greek islands get mosquitos, but I remember Skiathos having more than a few.