Bulgaria ?

Old Jun 18th 2008, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

tush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bulgaria ?

I can't believe there isn't thread for Bulgaria ?
Am I looking in the wrong places
Please can someone direct me !

Tush
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:00 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bulgaria ?

Originally Posted by tush

Tush
May I ask why you are surprised!!
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:00 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Tush
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

You obviously have never been Poppy Girl
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:12 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

No I have not but I know the wine is excellant, do many expats live there!
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Tush
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Yes there are actually and who can blame them, get away from the Black Sea area and the country side is beautiful and so is the wine
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:19 pm

Yes there are actually and who can blame them, get away from the Black Sea area and the country side is beautiful and so is the wine
I did a quick read up on Bulgaria not my kind of place to live, but for a vacation might be nice
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

You can't always judge a location by a book you must go and look
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I did a quick read up on Bulgaria not my kind of place to live, but for a vacation might be nice

It isn't.

Been there twice.

Went the second time as I couldn't believe it was really that bad the first time. But it was !

Mind you, if you don't mind getting robbed and like buying really dodgy fake watches and other such tat then it may be just the place for you.

It's two redeeming features were the weather and the kebaps ( that's right - with a 'p' ). Both were top-notch.

( oh, and most of the Bulgarian people were very nice. )
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:32 pm

You can't always judge a location by a book you must go and look
Very true.

But sometimes we do get dissapointed many years ago I was fortunate to be offered a job in Bali Indonesia,as you can imagine I was extremely excited, I was probably still imagining Carmen Miranda and Bob Hope lol anyways what a let down hated the place, its very popular but not my cup of tea I think a 2 week vacation would of been nice but to live and work there was a nightmare.

Are you living or thinking of moving to Bulgaria!
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by elmtree
It isn't.

Been there twice.

Went the second time as I couldn't believe it was really that bad the first time. But it was !

Mind you, if you don't mind getting robbed and like buying really dodgy fake watches and other such tat then it may be just the place for you.

It's two redeeming features were the weather and the kebaps ( that's right - with a 'p' ). Both were top-notch.
Um probably not then lol.. I like my wine bars and Macys too much
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Um probably not then lol.. I like my wine bars and Macys too much

Didn't see wine bars but I think they had a MacDonalds. That's as close as you'll get to Macys in Bulgaria !!
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry to hear of your bad experiences elmtree it doesn't sound anything like the Bulgaria that I have just come back from however the world wouldn't be so good if we all liked the same places, as for the thieving you name me a place where it doesn't happen?
No poppy girl I don't live there just been for the first time visiting friends who do and they love it, so did I but would need more than a quick visit to make any serious decisions like living there, thats why I was enquiring about a Bulgarian thread
Old Jun 18th 2008, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Blimey elmtree just seen your last reply "no wine bars?"

The place is full of them you did go to Bulgaria didn't you?
Sounds to me like you got off at the wrong stop