UK Spouse Visa Requirements

Old Apr 17th 2017, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spouse Visa Requirements

Originally Posted by mkermali
Hi guys.

I've had to get an interim bank statement from my bank Natwest, because the latest bank statement that I receive from post was dated up to 17th March and my appointment is on the 22nd April. However the interim bank statement that I have received has come in a different format than my usual statements which is A4 copy, compared to A5. I have phoned Natwest to ask them if branches are able to stamp bank statements and they have said it is up the the discretion of the branch, but it is unlikely. They also said that they won't write a headed letter saying the the statements are authentic. I was thinking of explaining this in my covering letter, but do you guys have any suggestions of what I should do?

Thanks
No service these days! I would certainly write a covering letter about the interim format being different from the standard one, but also if you can go to a couple of branches you may find someone helpful to stamp it.

Maybe other members will have some input.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

mkermali is an unknown quantity at this point

I was lucky, managed to go to Natwest on Saturday and explained the situation that I was in and they managed to stamp a bank statement they printed out. The only issue I'm stuck on now is regarding the signatures. My appointment is next Saturday so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Apr 18th 2017, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys

So there's something new with the updated form. With the English language requirement they are now asking for the title of qualification. The certificate title says, Grade 2 Graded Examination in Spoken English. However, there isn't enough space to write all of this in. Any suggestions?
Old Apr 18th 2017, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

I was thinking of abbreviating it to Grade 2 GESE and in my covering letter, writing that GESE stands for graded examination in spoken English? What do you guys think?
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Hey guys.

The visa application for my fiancee was successfully granted yesterday. It's been a long and stressful process, but we've finally got the ball rolling. Just wanted to say a massive thanks to all who have helped me in this process, it is much appreciated.
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 1:39 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, glad to hear it
Old Apr 29th 2017, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Hey guys, I've just got another question. How long is my partner allowed to be out of the UK for? Basically she's going back to her home in Nairobi on 4th June. She has a graduation on 19th July which she's not sure she's going to actually come back for or not. If she doesn't come back, she'll then come back to the UK when she flies back with me which will be on 9th September. So will her being away from 4th June to potentially 9th September be a problem?

As always thanks guys.
Old Apr 30th 2017, 9:59 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, I've just got another question. How long is my partner allowed to be out of the UK for? Basically she's going back to her home in Nairobi on 4th June. She has a graduation on 19th July which she's not sure she's going to actually come back for or not. If she doesn't come back, she'll then come back to the UK when she flies back with me which will be on 9th September. So will her being away from 4th June to potentially 9th September be a problem?

As always thanks guys.
It's not inherently a problem but you should start keeping a diary of her absences from the UK as you'll need this information when applying for FLR and ILR in a few years' time. As a general rule of thumb try and spend no more than 180 days outside the UK in any 12 month period and no more than 90 days in the final year before she applies for ILR. Any more and it could adversely affect your partner's ability to apply for ILR and/or British citizenship.
Old Apr 30th 2017, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Thanks BritInParis for your reply. So because this is only the first year of our initial FLRM it should ok, even though she'll be away for more than 3 months?
Old Apr 30th 2017, 10:07 am

Thanks BritInParis for your reply. So because this is only the first year of our initial FLRM it should ok, even though she'll be away for more than 3 months?
Correct. She just needs to spend more time in the UK than out of it. As mentioned keeping a travel diary is a good idea both for making further applications easier as you have the dates to hand and to make sure you don't go over in any given 12 month period.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys, it's been a while, just wanted to ask another question. My Fiancee got her first FLRM granted on 22/07/17 and she now has her BRP, I just wanted to find out how long can she be out of the UK for in total?

Thank you
Old Aug 9th 2017, 10:12 pm

Hi guys, it's been a while, just wanted to ask another question. My Fiancee got her first FLRM granted on 22/07/17 and she now has her BRP, I just wanted to find out how long can she be out of the UK for in total?

Thank you
See post #68.