2017 UK SPOUSE VISA TIMELINES

Old Jun 14th 2017, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

OlympicRudi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2017 UK SPOUSE VISA TIMELINES

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Please everyone posting on here, every case is different, applications from certain countries are taking longer as they need to do more checks, the times stated are are only guides so reading one persons timeline and worrying because yours is longer will do you no good at all. Once you have applied then it takes as long as it takes, there is no way of hurrying them up so please just wait patiently, send back any further information they request as soon as you can.
The only reason I found this thread was that I was wondering if the switch of many countries to sheffield had increased processing times, which it seems it has. So general patterns for sheffield have actually been quite helpful in making us worry less over slow processing.
I have however been constantly worried from hearing stories about Visas being refused by even the smallest application mistake due to pressures to lower immigration figures. Can anyone please put my mind at rest & confirm that the UKVI will in the first instance contact us for more information, if needed, rather than just send a refusal?
One of the reasons I'm worried is that they sent back the passport photos in our pack, presumably in error, & I sent these straight back to them with an explanatory letter & I gave up trying to explain to them the issue over the phone because they simply wouldn't speak to me due to being within standard processing times. I'm worried that if they can make mistakes so basic, they could miss other important documents we sent!
Old Jun 14th 2017, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

Balrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Untraceablebr
Hi I would also add on the covering letter each and every document you have submitted. We did this and thankfully they read the letter and realised a document went missing and requested it...
Hey thank you.. so this list that I've posted is an appendix to the cover letter.

Also, do I need to send in my birth certificate? It's a bit tattered. It doesn't say anywhere that they want the applicant's birth certificate.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Warri2Basing is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Presumably because of it being Nigeria? I'm sure others will be able to shed some light, but I'd imagine that with such a high fraud/risk country, applications will take longer due to background checks etc.

I understand that, I would do same if I was them considering the high risk of fraud in Nigeria and by some Nigerians. But I believe they should have that already as this is not the first time I am applying to them for a visa (although different categories; student visa in 2013, visitor visa in 2014 (6months), and 2015 (2years) cos I needed to be travelling to visit my boyfriend turned husband. My 2years visitor visa expired a week after my application.

Could it be a more extensive check based on the visa category (settlement) or just normal delay? I am getting frustrated cos I haven't seen Hubby since November, 2016 (a week after our wedding cos he had to get back to work).
Old Jun 14th 2017, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Colesy898
Did they say it had actually been assessed or passed to someone to be assessed? When I called them i was told it had been passed to someone on 15th May but still haven't heard anything so it may be that yours has been passed to someone but they haven't actually started looking at it yet.
I really don't know how they said it, cos Hubby called them and he said "assessed". I have emailed them today, hoping they stick to the time scale of email response of 2days so I know exactly what is going on.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

benileo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Warri2Basing
I understand that, I would do same if I was them considering the high risk of fraud in Nigeria and by some Nigerians. But I believe they should have that already as this is not the first time I am applying to them for a visa (although different categories; student visa in 2013, visitor visa in 2014 (6months), and 2015 (2years) cos I needed to be travelling to visit my boyfriend turned husband. My 2years visitor visa expired a week after my application.

Could it be a more extensive check based on the visa category (settlement) or just normal delay? I am getting frustrated cos I haven't seen Hubby since November, 2016 (a week after our wedding cos he had to get back to work).
I would advise you to tell ur hubby to see his MP so they the MP can write to the home office, that is what I did b4 I got an update on my visa processing.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by benileo
I would advise you to tell ur hubby to see his MP so they the MP can write to the home office, that is what I did b4 I got an update on my visa processing.
Thanks Benileo, that was our initial thought.
Awaiting the response to the email I sent out today, hopefully we get a response back on Friday. If by monday we don't get any response, Hubby will message his MP.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 10:18 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benileo
in Nigeria some got there visa within 15 days, some a month and others longer. I just think it's how you present your application and your sponsor financial status.my friend applied 9th November 2016 and got her visa 11th of December 2016 in Nigeria.
That would be very quick for a settlement visa. In February decisions were taking on average anywhere from six to eighteen weeks from Lagos.

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoff...sas/settlement
Old Jun 14th 2017, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

Untraceablebr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OlympicRudi
The only reason I found this thread was that I was wondering if the switch of many countries to sheffield had increased processing times, which it seems it has. So general patterns for sheffield have actually been quite helpful in making us worry less over slow processing.
I have however been constantly worried from hearing stories about Visas being refused by even the smallest application mistake due to pressures to lower immigration figures. Can anyone please put my mind at rest & confirm that the UKVI will in the first instance contact us for more information, if needed, rather than just send a refusal?
One of the reasons I'm worried is that they sent back the passport photos in our pack, presumably in error, & I sent these straight back to them with an explanatory letter & I gave up trying to explain to them the issue over the phone because they simply wouldn't speak to me due to being within standard processing times. I'm worried that if they can make mistakes so basic, they could miss other important documents we sent!
Immigration rules state that if an entry clearance officer is missing information on a application and it is clear that the application would be approved if the information was there then they should request it Is give you 7days to send in the information. It also states if a application looks like it will be approved even though their are some bank statements missing for example. Then eventual flexibility is applied and a decision can be made to approve. Again. Every entry clearance officer is different how they work. You can see these rules on the the gov.uk website and its entry clearance guidance for overseas applications
Old Jun 14th 2017, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

OlympicRudi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Untraceablebr
Immigration rules state that if an entry clearance officer is missing information on a application and it is clear that the application would be approved if the information was there then they should request it Is give you 7days to send in the information. It also states if a application looks like it will be approved even though their are some bank statements missing for example. Then eventual flexibility is applied and a decision can be made to approve. Again. Every entry clearance officer is different how they work. You can see these rules on the the gov.uk website and its entry clearance guidance for overseas applications
Thankyou, that puts my mind at rest. I had tried to look at the guidance, but the .gov website isn't always easy to navigate to get specific answers & I'm fairly used to trying to navigate it in my job.
Old Jun 15th 2017, 3:58 am
Just Joined

Spring85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I just applied for a settlement visa keeping my passport as I had to return to my country the day after the appointment. My question is, whilst the visa is being processed - analised for approval, can I travel to the UK with my husband for two months? I don't need a visitor visa to enter UK. Would I have a problem going through immigration? Once the visa is approved (crossing fingers), when they ask my passport to put the visa in, can I send it from the UK? thank you.
Old Jun 15th 2017, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

Hello everyone, here's an update on my app
I got three emails today from TLS;

1. Was to inform me of it been assessed and decision made
2. Was to inform me of it been ready for collection
3. was an email to say it has been dispatched and will be delivered in 24 business hours (i paid for return courier)

Meanwhile, I got another email from UKVI stating my email enquiry has been resolved.

So now I am waiting, anticipating for a Approved Visa

Thanks all for the support....I really wished I saw this forum before I applied.....but God is on the throne...
Will keep you guys updated once I receive my passport
Old Jun 15th 2017, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

benileo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Warri2Basing
Hello everyone, here's an update on my app
I got three emails today from TLS;

1. Was to inform me of it been assessed and decision made
2. Was to inform me of it been ready for collection
3. was an email to say it has been dispatched and will be delivered in 24 business hours (i paid for return courier)

Meanwhile, I got another email from UKVI stating my email enquiry has been resolved.

So now I am waiting, anticipating for a Approved Visa

Thanks all for the support....I really wished I saw this forum before I applied.....but God is on the throne...
Will keep you guys updated once I receive my passport
wow nice congratulations in advance.I wish u luck
Old Jun 15th 2017, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

Audreyy10102 is an unknown quantity at this point

I submitted my application April 4th, received by Sheffield April 5th...
Still no word ... Canadians usually get processed quickly , has anyone applied within the same time frame and have had a response ?
Old Jun 16th 2017, 8:12 am
Just Joined

Djamel15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear,all
I applied for spouse visa as hasbund
06/06/2017 submit my and on the 07/06/ 2017 got email from them saing *****Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.
***** my wife sent the DOC on 05/06/2017 received by Mr or Miss on 06/06 2017 .
I sent my TB certificate on 06/06/2017 received by Mr or miss on 09/06/2017
Hope gonna get the answer by Monday
Hope they respect PR service I paid for it £ 551
Old Jun 16th 2017, 8:13 am
Just Joined

tarunmsn1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Audreyy10102
I submitted my application April 4th, received by Sheffield April 5th...
Still no word ... Canadians usually get processed quickly , has anyone applied within the same time frame and have had a response ?
You need to write Letter to Sheffiled office with all your details. Have courier track or ref.no. thats most imp. Write letter stating your
First name , last name , DOB, Passport no and Tracking number. Good Luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.