2017 UK SPOUSE VISA TIMELINES

Old Jun 11th 2017, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

Sophmason is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2017 UK SPOUSE VISA TIMELINES

Originally Posted by damianpeterson
I received my approved passport today. Here's my timeline and a few thoughts:

We're applying from NZ. My wife is a New Zealander with British Citizenship through her father. Flights are booked for 3rd July.

25th March - start application on visa4uk
13th April - submit application
19th April - biometrics in Auckland
21st April - send passport and supporting documentation
11th May - Sheffield received supporting documents. Passport in Manila
9th June - received email saying the application has been decided
12th June - receive original docs and approved passport

We contacted them numerous times by phone and email throughout the process because we'd not been given any status updates. They never replied to emails within the time frame promised (even with the new, £5.48 email charge) and one of the phone calls cost £20. It was from a phone call we learned Sheffield had received the documents.

This service could be vastly improved by some simple communications; an email to say documents had been received, an update to say we're still in the queue, etc. All up it was a pretty stressful exercise and we'd resigned ourselves to missing a wedding and having to book new flights. The lack of communication was largely to blame for that.

For anyone waiting anxiously in a similar situation I hope my timeline helps ease your mind.
Glad to hear it all worked out! Did you apply priority? If not - that's a pretty quick timeline compared to most of the other regular applications at the moment.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

damianpeterson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sophmason
Glad to hear it all worked out! Did you apply priority? If not - that's a pretty quick timeline compared to most of the other regular applications at the moment.
No. Not priority.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Trevnorth10001 is an unknown quantity at this point

yep it is quick , mine went in from Aus on 9 April and I'm awaiting a decision, how ever long that takes?
Old Jun 11th 2017, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Trevnorth10001
yep it is quick , mine went in from Aus on 9 April and I'm awaiting a decision, how ever long that takes?
I submitted biometrics and application March 15 from Perth, Australia (with VFS scanning my documents so that they arrived in Sheffield on the same day), still waiting for a decision made email (however according to the online status check a decision was made on my visa on June 7).
Old Jun 11th 2017, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

Colesy898 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm feeling a bit annoyed that people that haven't paid priority are getting theirs quicker thank most that have paid priority, I understand that all visas are different but I feel like I have been stitched up paying so much for priority now!
Old Jun 11th 2017, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

OlympicRudi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Colesy898
I'm feeling a bit annoyed that people that haven't paid priority are getting theirs quicker thank most that have paid priority, I understand that all visas are different but I feel like I have been stitched up paying so much for priority now!
I have a feeling that it's got something to do with how New Zealand applications are processed as it's not the first non-priority from there that I've seen processed very quickly!
Old Jun 11th 2017, 11:53 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you're applying for the same visa from the same country then you're comparing apples and oranges.
Old Jun 12th 2017, 7:32 am
Just Joined

Trevnorth10001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Britparis

I have just received a decided decision but I am a bit concerned they have said that it in 10 days I will get a response however when the application first Wynton my youngest child is NHS surcharge was not deducted from my account I have been waiting for them to email me request thing that the surcharged Be paid however with the decision now be made they said I should expect to receive that answer but I have not been asked to pay the surcharge does this necessarily mean that we are unsuccessful in our application
Old Jun 12th 2017, 7:55 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Unless you're applying for the same visa from the same country then you're comparing apples and oranges.
Yep. Exactly why timeline threads are discouraged, they cause more panic and stress than they alleviate.
Old Jun 12th 2017, 8:52 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trevnorth10001
Hi Britparis

I have just received a decided decision but I am a bit concerned they have said that it in 10 days I will get a response however when the application first Wynton my youngest child is NHS surcharge was not deducted from my account I have been waiting for them to email me request thing that the surcharged Be paid however with the decision now be made they said I should expect to receive that answer but I have not been asked to pay the surcharge does this necessarily mean that we are unsuccessful in our application
Sorry, your post isn't very clear. Is your youngest child not entitled to British citizenship?
Old Jun 12th 2017, 9:30 am
Just Joined

Untraceablebr is an unknown quantity at this point

I paid priority and took them just over 3 months..... I guess that's the wait time at the moment with all the high demand and current legislative changes
Old Jun 12th 2017, 10:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Yep. Exactly why timeline threads are discouraged, they cause more panic and stress than they alleviate.
I understand what you are saying - but to be honest this timeline has been incredibly helpful. It is impossible to get any useful information out of the home office and the timelines published on their website are completely misleading (when I applied 100% of applications from my location were supposedly decided in 6 weeks with most decided in 3 weeks).

It has been comforting to know that everyone is experiencing delays because Sheffield are extremely understaffed and there has been a flood of applications. Threads like these are literally the only thing we have in order to at least get some information.
Old Jun 12th 2017, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Balrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sophmason
I understand what you are saying - but to be honest this timeline has been incredibly helpful. It is impossible to get any useful information out of the home office and the timelines published on their website are completely misleading (when I applied 100% of applications from my location were supposedly decided in 6 weeks with most decided in 3 weeks).

It has been comforting to know that everyone is experiencing delays because Sheffield are extremely understaffed and there has been a flood of applications. Threads like these are literally the only thing we have in order to at least get some information.
I agree. The information coming out of UKVI is unclear. MY husband paid a boatload of money to make one lousy phone call to ask if The IHS surcharge would be returned for a deactivated and incomplete application (since I made a new one due to error son the old one). They had no answer and kept him waiting for a long time on a charged call. Also, I literally asked the local ECO in the high commission here, who I happened to accidentally bump into at an event, why applications were being sent overseas to Sheffield when the local ECO would have much better capacity to track down fraudsters etc and understand locally produced documents and so on. He said he didn't know. but he did say that the most important part of the application was the sponsor information and calculation. The rest they just go down the list and tick off the boxes.
Old Jun 12th 2017, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Balrog
I agree. The information coming out of UKVI is unclear. MY husband paid a boatload of money to make one lousy phone call to ask if The IHS surcharge would be returned for a deactivated and incomplete application (since I made a new one due to error son the old one). They had no answer and kept him waiting for a long time on a charged call. Also, I literally asked the local ECO in the high commission here, who I happened to accidentally bump into at an event, why applications were being sent overseas to Sheffield when the local ECO would have much better capacity to track down fraudsters etc and understand locally produced documents and so on. He said he didn't know. but he did say that the most important part of the application was the sponsor information and calculation. The rest they just go down the list and tick off the boxes.
by sponsor information and calculation do you mean the ability to meet the financial requirements?
Old Jun 12th 2017, 3:37 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Absolutely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.