Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

why people leave the uk

why people leave the uk

Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:09 pm
Banned

Sooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really nice
Default Re: why people leave the uk

Great thread, great debate, we all have our own views, its what makes us all unique, beats the norm on here, please do not close off.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:10 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg
BTW can you REALLY, SERIOUSLY, not see the differnece between the average eastern euro immigrant (generally unskilled) and prospective Aus immigrants (generally HIGHLY skilled)

:
There is no comparison as on the one hand you have immigrants to Oz who want a lifestyle change and on the other you have others who are trying to get away from poverty.

Oz immigrants from the UK are leaving a good place to live, the immigrants to the UK aren't.

Because you're skilled you believe you have the right to improve your life and because they're poor and unskilled how dare they seek something better?
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:11 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Assegai
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...29/npro329.xml

Falklands alert

Harold Wilson was told by his Defence Secretary that he must find a political solution to Argentine demands to reclaim the Falkland Islands because defending the South Atlantic outpost would require a brigade of troops and was untenable.

Roy Mason told the Prime Minister in February that, six years before they finally invaded, the Argentines would have no difficulty in occupying the Falklands and if Britain wanted to defend its interests in the oil that was known to exist around them, it could not do so militarily.The existence of oil was the key to a deal, Wilson was told.

But the only political answer James Callaghan, then Foreign Secretary, could come up with was an offer of an arrangement by which the islands would be ceded to Argentina and then rented back to Britain. The islanders rejected this in 1980.
Quoting the Telegraph now .....Yegods!!

The Thatcher government was the most corrupt, cynical and incompetent government the UK has ever seen......one day they will be reunited in Hell.

The only good thing they did was to ensure that the Tories will struggle as a political party for ever.

G
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:13 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
There is no comparison as on the one hand you have immigrants to Oz who want a lifestyle change and on the other you have others who are trying to get away from poverty.

Oz immigrants from the UK are leaving a good place to live, the immigrants to the UK aren't.

Because you're skilled you believe you have the right to improve your life and because they're poor and unskilled how dare they seek something better?

Bloody excellent post Fraser, so well put, only took us 12 pages
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Quoting the Telegraph now .....Yegods!!

The Thatcher government was the most corrupt, cynical and incompetent government the UK has ever seen......one day they will be reunited in Hell.

The only good thing they did was to ensure that the Tories will struggle as a political party for ever.

G
Go Grayling! You say what I think, only more eloquently!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:15 pm
Banned

Assegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jad n rich
OK so cause the legal age is 16 your kids going to go and try it cause its legal. Teenagers will try what they want when they want and whatever team they want without any consideration of whats legal, its called hormones.

BTW have you thought of changing your name to aussie gay phobe, jeez you would be a worry down Bondi way wouldnt you
You're completely missing the point! Of course most 16 year old boys won't indulge in homosexuality whether it's legal or not. From that crass arguement why not make it legal at any age?

I think that it's a bit bizarre that a gov't reduces the age of homosexual buggery from 18 to 16 yet raises the age of cigarette smoking from 16 to 18. I repeat that if my son had to indulge in one of these pursuits at 16 I would rather it was the latter. I think most males have tried cigarette smoking before they're 16 but not homosexual intercourse. It's too young to indulge in such perverse behaviour and be condoned by the law.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Reason 113 to leave the UK

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Wilson
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:17 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...29/npro329.xml

Falklands alert

Harold Wilson was told by his Defence Secretary that he must find a political solution to Argentine demands to reclaim the Falkland Islands because defending the South Atlantic outpost would require a brigade of troops and was untenable.

Roy Mason told the Prime Minister in February that, six years before they finally invaded, the Argentines would have no difficulty in occupying the Falklands and if Britain wanted to defend its interests in the oil that was known to exist around them, it could not do so militarily.The existence of oil was the key to a deal, Wilson was told.

But the only political answer James Callaghan, then Foreign Secretary, could come up with was an offer of an arrangement by which the islands would be ceded to Argentina and then rented back to Britain. The islanders rejected this in 1980.
Operation Journeyman was a Royal Navy operation in which a naval taskforce was sent to the Falkland Islands in November 1977 to prevent an Argentine invasion.

The operation was ordered by James Callaghan after fifty Argentine "scientists" landed on Southern Thule prompting fears of an Argentine invasion of the Falklands. The Argentinians set up a military base on Thule. It is likely the prompt action prevented a more serious attack. The force planned under heavy security was led by the nuclear submarine HMS Dreadnought and also consisted of two frigates, Alacrity and Phoebe, and the auxiliaries Resource and Olwen as support vessels. The Argentines rapidly became aware of the taskforce's presence but their forces remained on Thule and Callaghan decided against the use of force to evict them.

The foreign secretary at the time David Owen later claimed that if Margaret Thatcher's government had taken similarly quick action five years later, the Argentinians would not have invaded in 1982 leading to the Falklands War

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Journeyman

And lets add to this the fact that when Argentina invaded, Thatcher was in the process of trying to flog the brand new HMS Invincible to Australia.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:22 pm
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Reason 114:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=60766
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

You're completely missing the point! Of course most 16 year old boys won't indulge in homosexuality whether it's legal or not. From that crass arguement why not make it legal at any age?

I think that it's a bit bizarre that a gov't reduces the age of homosexual buggery from 18 to 16 yet raises the age of cigarette smoking from 16 to 18. I repeat that if my son had to indulge in one of these pursuits at 16 I would rather it was the latter. I think most males have tried cigarette smoking before they're 16 but not homosexual intercourse. It's too young to indulge in such perverse behaviour and be condoned by the law.

So UK's going to have the same law most of australia already has. Maybe UK's just catching up with us
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:34 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

You think most males have tried smoking before 16? And females? I can't be arsed to google but I seem to remember more females smoke than males.

I'm sure not all males who have been intimate with another male have buggered each other, just something else for you to think about.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:37 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

As for gays being allowed to adopt. I do think there's a link between paedophilia and homosexuality. After all when a boy is molested by another male is that not a homosexual act? in_article_id=480673&in_page_id=1770[/url]
How do you account for the fact that more girls are sexually abused than boys?
There is no link between homosexuality and paedophilia.
Paedophiles can be hetero or homo sexual.
Your misinformed ramblings are offensive. Please keep them to yourself.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
There is no link between homosexuality and paedophilia.
Paedophiles can be hetero or homo sexual.
Your misinformed ramblings are offensive. Please keep them to yourself.
They can be bi-sexual as well
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:44 pm
Banned

Assegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by russmcp
You think most males have tried smoking before 16? And females? I can't be arsed to google but I seem to remember more females smoke than males.

I'm sure not all males who have been intimate with another male have buggered each other, just something else for you to think about.
Whenever people lose the argument they try to muddy the waters.

The point about whether more 16 year old females smoke than 16 year old males is irrelevant to this discussion.

I would rather my teenage lad experimented with cigarettes than homosexuality (maybe you think differently)and I think it's perverse that the gov't has reduced the legal age to 16 for homosexual buggery yet raised the age of smoking to 18, as the former is hardly a healthy lifestyle to indulge in at such a young age.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:50 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Kapri
Because 97% of the pop'n is heterosexual. Around 16% of females have been abused as kids and 7% of males abused as boys.

Therefore if u accept that men abusing boys is a homosexual act proportionally far more abuse is carried by homosexuals.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.