The Cricket Thread

Old Jan 19th 2015, 11:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Incredible, the man's a legend.....ODI's boring?
Old Jan 20th 2015, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Huh. Thanks a bunch, Alfresco. That's going to do a lot for West Indies cricket fans like me!
Old Jan 20th 2015, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Incredible, the man's a legend.....ODI's boring?
Sokay. It's not the format of cricket that counts really in this respect, but the skill of a player.

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
Huh. Thanks a bunch, Alfresco. That's going to do a lot for West Indies cricket fans like me!
Sorry the WI were on the receiving end of this one. I like the WI.

It could have been another team for sure.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 10:49 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

The Aussies whip the english,get in there
Old Feb 5th 2015, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/loung...5-poll-852151/
Old Feb 16th 2015, 3:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Come on Ireland.
Old Feb 16th 2015, 3:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Come on Ireland.
Bad weekend for me, no west ham shirt or England cricket shirt, and kept quiet in public
Old Feb 17th 2015, 10:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Right where are we with the cricket? I've been in the wilderness and haven't seen sh8t. I did hear we demolished England though. I was in England at the time. It was kind of smothered sent to the small print somewhere.
Old Feb 18th 2015, 2:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Right where are we with the cricket? I've been in the wilderness and haven't seen sh8t. I did hear we demolished England though. I was in England at the time. It was kind of smothered sent to the small print somewhere.
England were woeful. But the drinks were better than the Gabba, in fact just about everything about the MCG was better than the Gabba And I ended up in the section next to the Army - I don't know if they were an unofficial branch of the Barmy Army but they were in fine voice and very entertaining

Tempted with Ireland vs UAE at the Gabba after the Irish performance the other day........
Old Feb 18th 2015, 5:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

(Reporting in from Melbourne) Went to the MCG on Saturday with 84,500 others. Great venue, great occasion to witness but a bit anti-climatic for much of the time quite frankly as England were a very distant 2nd best in every facet of the game. We were sitting on level one in the Great Southern Stand, not very far from the guy in the Big Ben costume and the nutters in the sub-branch of the Barmy Army mentioned above.

Bring back Alistair Cook, all is forgotten! (4 ducks in 5 innings greatly inspires the troops Morgan). It was awesome to watch Johnson and Starc steaming in and bowling live as well as Finch, Maxwell, Marsh and Hadden dispatching the bowling. Mitch Marsh was a surprise packet with 5 wickets. Nice selection dilemma re bringing Clarke into the team - drop Watson for me and keep Bailey and Marsh and don't worry about Faulkner.
Old Feb 18th 2015, 5:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by OzTennis
(Reporting in from Melbourne) Went to the MCG on Saturday with 84,500 others. Great venue, great occasion to witness but a bit anti-climatic for much of the time quite frankly as England were a very distant 2nd best in every facet of the game. We were sitting on level one in the Great Southern Stand, not very far from the guy in the Big Ben costume and the nutters in the sub-branch of the Barmy Army mentioned above.

Bring back Alistair Cook, all is forgotten! (4 ducks in 5 innings greatly inspires the troops Morgan). It was awesome to watch Johnson and Starc steaming in and bowling live as well as Finch, Maxwell, Marsh and Hadden dispatching the bowling. Mitch Marsh was a surprise packet with 5 wickets. Nice selection dilemma re bringing Clarke into the team - drop Watson for me and keep Bailey and Marsh and don't worry about Faulkner.
I was thinking the same about Cooke watching it myself. Amazing we love to blame the captain and not look at what he is captaining. We were shite, Australia were awesome much as it pains me to say. Still think the MCG is a big wok though
Old Feb 18th 2015, 5:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Beoz
Did they beat you up or laugh at you for being a turn coat? How was old blighty anyway? Going there myself in December. Hope they haven't ruined the council estate I grew up on it was paradise as I remember
Old Feb 18th 2015, 7:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis

OMG you must have been really near me. i was right by the gate where he was storing his costume when not wearing it!
i agree, fab venue, I've not been to a match there before and it was a really great experience
Old Feb 18th 2015, 7:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Did they beat you up or laugh at you for being a turn coat? How was old blighty anyway? Going there myself in December. Hope they haven't ruined the council estate I grew up on it was paradise as I remember
You can only be classes a turn coat if you once turned your coat ..... never me.

Blighty was fine as always. The locals did lots of weather moaning which is an odd thing to do in January and Febuary. I mean, its the middle of winter, what did they expect.
Old Feb 20th 2015, 4:33 am
Account Closed

Jesus H christ someone is having a laugh, we'll lose to the sweaties at this rate, I knew we were shite but this is embarrassing. Sling em all out, get 11 men who play like they're proud to have been selected.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.