Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sheffield meet no.3! friday 3rd Feb.

Sheffield meet no.3! friday 3rd Feb.

Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:37 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield meet no.3! friday 3rd Feb.

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Shame, love - not having an easy time at the moment are you. Try not to let it get you down but I know it's not easy. I think Friday will be good to take your mind off things.

I need to warn everybody that unfortunately my beloved is now driving us into Sheffield so it will probably be about 10pm by the time we get to the restaurant, given that we always get lost when we go to Sheffield.

I'm trying to mitigate this, which means we will probably leave home at about 3pm to allow ample time to:

1. avoid Sheffield rush-hour Friday traffic (yeah, right!)
2. get horribly lost and drive around Sheffield for four hours
3. have a raging argument and split up
4. try and look like we haven't been arguing when we arrive at the restaurant

Should be fun!
PMSL I'm sure its not going to take 7 hrs to get from Beardsley to Sheffield I HOPE

Debs can you tell Nicky where to park??

Kay x
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:39 am

Actually Nicky it might be easier for you to park at meadowhall, and get a tram to west street
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
Actually Nicky it might be easier for you to park at meadowhall, and get a tram to west street

yeah, i agree kay,
park at meadowhall and get the malin bridge or middlewood tram. it stops almost outside and we could meet you when you get there!
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

Nic what does lekka lekka mean
Hiya Kay, It means nice nice nice

Enjoy yourselves everyone and dont get too
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:12 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL I'm sure its not going to take 7 hrs to get from Beardsley to Sheffield I HOPE

Debs can you tell Nicky where to park??

Kay x
It's Bardsey, you wally, not Beardsley! Mind you, if Beardsleys somewhere near Sheffield, we'll probably drive through it on Friday when we're lost!

Thanks for the tip, guys, about parking at Meadowhall - we might do that, although there's still ample oportunity to get lost driving around Meadowhall! I'll speak to the big guy when he gets home tonight and I'll let you know what we'll be doing.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by LesleyM
Hiya Kay, It means nice nice nice

Enjoy yourselves everyone and dont get too
Hulllloooooo aww wish you were coming Lesley

I wont be drinking I've gone teetotal
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:31 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc
yeah, i agree kay,
park at meadowhall and get the malin bridge or middlewood tram. it stops almost outside and we could meet you when you get there!
if you ask for the West Street stop.....you cant miss that stop cos theres a tesco at the stop!
wandered down that way last week and the parking was hideous, and a friend said that friday nights were just as bad. the trams run til quite late too.

sue

ps kay, why you gone teetotal?
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:33 am
Rawr!

SophieC will become famous soon enoughSophieC will become famous soon enough

At mhall you can only get the middlewood tram, its the one with the yellow sign at the front. The other tram dosnt go to the west street stop.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

Hulllloooooo aww wish you were coming Lesley

I wont be drinking I've gone teetotal
You .....teetotal :scared: You wont believe how much I'm waiting to see you posting some good news for all of us to see. I'm really crossing all fingers and toes for you.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
ps kay, why you gone teetotal?
I never did drink much

Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:38 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

I never did drink much

Are you really not drinking alcohol, Kay?
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

You .....teetotal :scared: You wont believe how much I'm waiting to see you posting some good news for all of us to see. I'm really crossing all fingers and toes for you.

hey lady, the amount of time you've been on here this week you could have colated and come for a drink

been to docs and still have chest infection, more antibiotics! he's going to write me a letter for meds stating operations etc for me and isnt going to charge me
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Are you really not drinking alcohol, Kay?
tooo right I am mate (I was only joshing) bring it on, not been out for 3 weeks !!!!

hey and cos its a south american restuarant they do Caipirinha woooohoooo (see I've already checked out the drinks menu!!!)

Last edited by possoms; Jan 31st 2006 at 10:46 am.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by debbiemc
hey lady, the amount of time you've been on here this week you could have colated and come for a drink

been to docs and still have chest infection, more antibiotics! he's going to write me a letter for meds stating operations etc for me and isnt going to charge me
Debbie I hope you are taking a flask of tea with you because the amount of antibiotics your on you wont be able to have a tipple.
That's great news that doc wont charge you. Good luck.
I know I've been a lot on here this week. It helps take my mind of all the stuff thats going on around me. Sending off depostit for furniture removers today. Also sending off for a new drivers licence because I have the old paper one. Going to see daughters school teacher tomorrow for all her paperwork. Going to visit my father this weekend, I'm dreading it because it's going to be so emotional. Still trying to lose as much weight as poss. Booked appointment at hairdressers and also for a facial etc. I want to look semi-decent by the time I arrive in Oz. We are all going clothes shopping next weekend. Thank God it will be all over soon
Old Jan 31st 2006, 11:08 am

Debbie I hope you are taking a flask of tea with you because the amount of antibiotics your on you wont be able to have a tipple.
That's great news that doc wont charge you. Good luck.
I know I've been a lot on here this week. It helps take my mind of all the stuff thats going on around me. Sending off depostit for furniture removers today. Also sending off for a new drivers licence because I have the old paper one. Going to see daughters school teacher tomorrow for all her paperwork. Going to visit my father this weekend, I'm dreading it because it's going to be so emotional. Still trying to lose as much weight as poss. Booked appointment at hairdressers and also for a facial etc. I want to look semi-decent by the time I arrive in Oz. We are all going clothes shopping next weekend. Thank God it will be all over soon
oooo gawd you are busy, good luck with all your plans and enjoy the facial sounds like you need a bit of pampering

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.