Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pubs shut on Good Friday!!! what other days???

Pubs shut on Good Friday!!! what other days???

Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pubs shut on Good Friday!!! what other days???

Originally Posted by cresta57
PS Polly I have a special brew that I'm sure you will enjoy I'll bring you a case down when we next visit. Could be soon as Josh's mate left his game boy here so we'll have an excuse for a trip to the big smoke
ooh scrumptious! We have a pile of empties for you in return
Old Apr 18th 2006, 1:55 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pubs shut on Good Friday!!! what other days???

Originally Posted by cresta57
LOL
We spent the weekend chasing Tuna and Spanish Mackerel all over the sandy straits. When G rang me for directions to the pub at Mappleton I have to confess I was somewhat hung over having barbied on the beach the previous night. Sitting in the boat having a nice cold beer rod in hand I suddenly realised that it was Good Friday and the pub would be shut, I was just about to ring and break the bad news [honest ] when you guys text ed me.
Having read the rest of the thread I believe that everywhere should be open that way the bloody bay wouldn't have been teaming with hundreds of other fellow anglers and we may have caught a few more. Bah Humbug.
PS Polly I have a special brew that I'm sure you will enjoy I'll bring you a case down when we next visit. Could be soon as Josh's mate left his game boy here so we'll have an excuse for a trip to the big smoke
Have started new thread as think the shut on Good Friday may have ran it's course and in the pursuit of nice beer see ...http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=368247