Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

People of Cairns I need advice..

People of Cairns I need advice..

Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:40 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: People of Cairns I need advice..

Originally Posted by snappy
The greys hairs that are now growing on my head are proof that it is a bit stressful and a lot of leg work
The grey hair can be covered with a 'at.....but there's nuthin wrong with yer legs
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:42 pm
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
Thats great I have heard of Haden so thats a start, thanks youngy will maybe get in touch I have seen 2 companies one in Perth and on sunshine coast who are recruiting for cairns.

He doesn't do domestic stuff just industrial, hope that wont be a problem obviously its our biggest concern him getting a job. He can always fall back on his welding if need be.

Thanks

kaye
try steandleigh. leighs hubby ste works for j & m refridgeration in cairns. ste does all the commercial ac stuff and there also advertising for staff.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:42 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by youngy73
one thing ive found over here with regard to apprenticeships is that it is very much who you know and not what. mind you thats what ive found work wise aswell.
Never a truer word spoken.
It's how I found my sparky and a bloody fine fellow he is too.
I shall be recommending him to anyone who needs some work done
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:44 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix
The grey hair can be covered with a 'at.....but there's nuthin wrong with yer legs
Oooo Bix you are naughty
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:45 pm
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
when we having that beer bixy
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:46 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

try steandleigh. leighs hubby ste works for j & m refridgeration in cairns. ste does all the commercial ac stuff and there also advertising for staff.
Thanks willhave a look
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bix
Hi Bix does the sparky want an apprentice thats the question? how are you doing Ive got my formal job offer today Just waiting for the visa and im on my way tell Gill to get the kettle on
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:52 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

when we having that beer bixy
Pretty soon I hope mate but got busy time for a day or two.

Missus aint too well after flu stuff and I got collected by a Holden on the Mulgrave this evening.

Insurance assessor tomorrow
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:55 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by sophjam
Hi Bix does the sparky want an apprentice thats the question? how are you doing Ive got my formal job offer today Just waiting for the visa and im on my way tell Gill to get the kettle on
He's got a good one.....at least I think he was good but ought to ask the main sparky I guess.

Congrats on the job

I'll tell gill to change her name to Polly
Old Jul 10th 2007, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

consider yourself signed up. you dont play in goal do you? we really need a good keeper. our present keeper has a few bourbons before the game and is only 5 2 which doesnt help. plus he cant catch/ see the ball.
PMSL! I used to play in goal a bit so am willing to give it a go and im not that bad in goal....
problem is im only 5'9 (no idea whether 7 inches makes a difference or not!! )
Ill probably not be able to see after a few beers either!! so will leave it till after the game......it does seem my ideal position rather than running around in all that heat! thanks
Old Jul 10th 2007, 5:12 pm
In Cairns and loving it!!

The morris clan will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Speargun
Hey think I need to get involved in this post its getting quite a busy one! And besides it looks like loads of us are heading Cairns way!! Will have to organise a soccer team when we all get there....all the Newcastle lot and us Leeds lot!! ha ha not that Leeds United are going anywhere fast!!
Is no one worried about the heat? We are going January time 2 kids under 2 and one of 13 - just wonder whether to leave it till march/ april time when it starts to cool off a bit! Friend said to me that Cairns was like Dubai but more humid in January? We went to Cairns last year - is anyone going who hasnt been there yet?
We haven't been yet, haven't even been to Oz yet

im a spark in cairns.we take a couple of apprentices on every year. pm me when you get here. i also know a few other pom sparks who work for some of the larger contractors in town who could possibly sort him out with something. im originally from washington. im always after players for the over 35's soccer (11 a side) if any hubbies are interested.
I asked my hubby if he was interested in playing, won't say his answer . None of my boys "do" football, but I'm sure once they get to know "the Geordies" some of them might get interested. Hubby is starting to get nervous as he is only used to 5 geordies at a time (me, my parents, sister and brother) as we don't know any other Geordies down here. Got to admit it's funny how we'll know more Northeners in Cairns than we do in Kent. Hubby is just glad we got a couple of friends up in Port Douglas who we have known for about 15 years so he can still get his dose of "southern".
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:50 pm
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice

Hi to everyone again,

Wow , this thread has took off.....

There's one thing I need to confess to you all:

I'm a brummy ! It's my OH thats from Essex!

FOOTBALL:
Not coming from the North, I play football to a high standard I'd love to play, but understand if anyone feels intimidated by the presence of an Aston Villa supporter. But I have slowed down a little at 42. However with Steroids I can bring that age down to 35...

To be serious if your looking for anyone to fill a Sub Bench. I'm your man.

snappy Yep would be interested in a set of drawings, I guess it depends on the size/shape plot(allotment) I buy. would it be OK to pm you when we are passing by mission?
Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:24 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TheSubMainMan

snappy Yep would be interested in a set of drawings, I guess it depends on the size/shape plot(allotment) I buy. would it be OK to pm you when we are passing by mission?
No worries

Bix - was it on the same junction as the road rage thing?? Hope you are ok
Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

Usurper is an unknown quantity at this point

wow i come onto a BritishExpats forum and find another a Villa fan

even more reason to get our finger out and emmigrate , thats more Villans than ive found in wales in the past 10 yrs hehe
Old Jul 11th 2007, 8:25 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by snappy
No worries

Bix - was it on the same junction as the road rage thing?? Hope you are ok
No.
This was near Cairns Central where Bunda Street meets the Mulgrave.
They're doing the road up that end and it's in a right mess with loose chippings everywhere and no clear lane markings.
Police reckon the other driver was going a tad too fast off the bend and skidded across lanes into my rear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.