Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:02 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

Originally Posted by christinabell
As has been pointed out to me on numerous occasions, even though I was born in Australia, I am actually a true Pom due to my British ancestry. I am also told I am not Australian, as that right is reserved for the Aboriginals only. Apparently, that makes me an immigrant in my own country. So as far as some people are concerned, that makes me a BRITISH EXPAT too !

Have to admit I got a real laugh out of your post. It must have been a real "lightbulb" moment for you when you thought of making up a new nic and posting comments you dont have the guts to say under your real name. Hate to tell you this, but it is quite obvious the "lightbulb" is off and no one is home

Are you suggesting they are posting under a pseudonym?! I'm shocked and horrified.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

christinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Are you suggesting they are posting under a pseudonym?! I'm shocked and horrified.

Yes Matt Im afraid so. Im sorry your so horrified, but , if its any consolation, I know exactly how you feel. I was just as shocked when somebody suggested not everything you read on the internet is true . Can you believe it ?
Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:25 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Matt Im afraid so. Im sorry your so horrified, but , if its any consolation, I know exactly how you feel. I was just as shocked when somebody suggested not everything you read on the internet is true . Can you believe it ?

Absolutely not!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:30 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

As has been pointed out to me on numerous occasions, even though I was born in Australia, I am actually a true Pom due to my British ancestry. I am also told I am not Australian, as that right is reserved for the Aboriginals only. Apparently, that makes me an immigrant in my own country. So as far as some people are concerned, that makes me a BRITISH EXPAT too !
Oh that could get confusing. That logic would mean that the English are immigrants (to Britain) as well. Also, wouldn't that also make the Aborigines immigrants? What about The Bradshaws? And when did the Aborigines learn Latin?

Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:48 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely not!
Matt, if you dont tell me who you really are, I shall tickle your feet with feathers.

Yes I will and I will show no mercy.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

christinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Oh that could get confusing. That logic would mean that the English are immigrants (to Britain) as well. Also, wouldn't that also make the Aborigines immigrants? What about The Bradshaws? And when did the Aborigines learn Latin?

Confusing ??? How do you think I feel ? According to some people on here I dont even exist lol
Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Matt, if you dont tell me who you really are, I shall tickle your feet with feathers.

Yes I will and I will show no mercy.

Hmm. PP do you really think Matt would take that as a threat ? I think he'd rather enjoy it myself
Old Oct 27th 2006, 10:01 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

l suspect the moderators going to come in soon and say this thread has run its course and close it down.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 10:03 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
l suspect the moderators going to come in soon and say this thread has run its course and close it down.
It's not up to 300 pages yet!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 10:06 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm. PP do you really think Matt would take that as a threat ? I think he'd rather enjoy it myself

You're right there!

I bet he would as well.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 10:31 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Why?

To be honest there isn't anything really major that I don't like, little niggling things yes but you'd get them in any country you lived in.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 12:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Why should we? There are some very interesting posts and some good discussions going on .
Old Oct 28th 2006, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

I think everything I don't like about Australia, I also don't like about UK.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 3:07 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO!!!!!!
Old Oct 28th 2006, 3:35 am
Just Joined

Tabbles is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, that was an interesting response. I'm not sure who people think I am, but I'm not. And people seem to have misunderstood me. Some days I really love living in Australia, but there are days when I'm pretty homesick. I dare say that its the same for a lot of other people. The fact remains that there are things about this place, (Perth in particular) that sometimes drive me nuts.

When I found this thread, I just thought it would be nice if someone had created a little corner of the web where on the days its a bit hard, you could have a rant about the things that are totally unfamiliar to you, without people making it sound like you're running down their country, and really, no-one who is Australian or loves living here needs to read this thread. But it makes those having a hard time feel like they're not the only one.

And for the record. I'm not even saying there is anything wrong with shopping barefoot, or the fact that the place is so casual I never get to really dress up. I'm just saying these are the things that are different about here that make me think wtf?? In Ireland I used to just say stuff to people about how shit the weather is and how nothing ever works properly, and they would call me a blow-in, and we'd all have a good laugh. As I can't do that in Australia, I'm doing it where only other people who want to, have to read it.

And to be honest, I don't think anyone moving here is going to be put off by people giving out about barefoot shoppers. Sorry to make myself so popular, but I hate being told what I'm allowed to say.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.