Nasty Cat

Old Sep 15th 2003, 9:33 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cane Toads

The worst import has to be the cane toad. The locals thought they might eat the cane beatle. Not a chance. Instead the local wildlife dies whenever it thinks the toad is lunch. The toads are loaded with poison.

Finally Canberra is worried that they will devastate the wild life of the Northern Territory but there is nothing that can be done. Endangered species are being shipped off to islands to keep them out of the toads way.

Shame the politicians only do something about the environment when tourism is at threat. They don't seem to have given a damn that the toad has been crawling up Australia for decades.

Check out the NT whilst it is toad free.
Old Sep 15th 2003, 12:32 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Larissa
Yeah- will ring Monday (they were busy today). Stuck with nasty cat for another 2 days :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
Hi Larissa
How did you go ringing the animal shelters.........any luck
Old Sep 15th 2003, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi sky
Thanks for asking. To be honest, I feel really uncomfortable about the whole thing and have been putting it off all day, keeping a watchful eye on bubs and she's been out in the garden. Guess I just don't like doing anything in a hurry and still feel attached to the old dear (albeit quite nutty and psycho!).
Larissa
Old Sep 16th 2003, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

MeganEkno is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nasty Cat

Originally posted by sashimi

I all in favour of grabbing people like Meg and doing to him what he advocates doing to animals. Pity I'm not larger than I am .

sashimi
Absolutely.

Meg - Joke or no joke, not funny!
Old Sep 16th 2003, 12:37 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Nasty Cat

Originally posted by MeganEkno
Absolutely.

Meg - Joke or no joke, not funny!
You think I jest?

I have given up counting the number of cat, fox and town dog pelts hanging from the barbed wire of my front fence - and still they come!
Old Sep 16th 2003, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by sky
I love cats and bred pedigree burmese for a few years but I am afraid if my cat was trying to attack my child all the time because of jealousy it would have to go.
Try the "Cats Protection League" or "F.A.B" (Feline advisory Bureau) explain the situation, they might be able to find your cat (who must have once upon a time been your friend) a nice home with maybe a retired couple. Dont ring the R.S.P.C.A they will just put him to sleep.

Completely irrelevant but I am the proud owner of two beautiful burmese boys myself. Do they ever attack?? They have such a beautiful nature I find it hard to believe!
Old Sep 16th 2003, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by bondipom
Not everyone is a cat person. I find cats selfish, greedy and viscious. The buggers kill so much wildlife here I would love for them all to be shot and banned.

Yep. Agree. If they kill native wildlife, they should be banned from outdoors by whatever means (just make it humane).

Responsible cat owners either keep indoor cats or have a run/enclsoure. Other people (and wildlife) should not be made to pay for somebodies love of cats.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

sashimi is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep. Agree. If they kill native wildlife, they should be banned from outdoors by whatever means (just make it humane).

Responsible cat owners either keep indoor cats or have a run/enclsoure. Other people (and wildlife) should not be made to pay for somebodies love of cats.
I don't usually post using this strong language, but why are you guys so wilfullly being so moronic, stupid and ignorant. Read what Ceri wrote, read what Australian scientists write, cats cannot be blamed for the decimation of wildlife. It is to a huge extent people like you, me, the Oz govt. and farmers who are by far the most responsible for the declining numbers of wildlife. But you'd maybe have to take a strong hard look at yourself, your lifestyle, the things you take for granted for things to change. Why can't you just be honest and say you're nasty people who like killing cats for the fun of it instead of looking for these moronic excuses all the time.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

I don't usually post using this strong language, but why are you guys so wilfullly being so moronic, stupid and ignorant. Read what Ceri wrote, read what Australian scientists write, cats cannot be blamed for the decimation of wildlife. It is to a huge extent people like you, me, the Oz govt. and farmers who are by far the most responsible for the declining numbers of wildlife. But you'd maybe have to take a strong hard look at yourself, your lifestyle, the things you take for granted for things to change. Why can't you just be honest and say you're nasty people who like killing cats for the fun of it instead of looking for these moronic excuses all the time.
I think you will find that you are indeed being a little hasty in calling us "guys" so moranic, stupid and ignorant when you are indeed displaying symptoms of at least two of these yourself. If you read my earlier post you will in fact see that I actually the owner of two cats myself.

Although not entirely to blame for the killing of native wildlife cats (and wild dogs etc) do contribute.

Thanks.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 1:39 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Sacrificial goats are so passé.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

I think you will find that you are indeed being a little hasty in calling us "guys" so moranic, stupid and ignorant when you are indeed displaying symptoms of at least two of these yourself. If you read my earlier post you will in fact see that I actually the owner of two cats myself.

Although not entirely to blame for the killing of native wildlife cats (and wild dogs etc) do contribute.

Thanks.
Maybe calling you these names was a bit hasty, I was mainly thinking of Megalania, Bondipom etc. But you were happy to jump in as well with the kill-the-cats-crowd when there is much research that says cats are simply not responsible for the decimation of wildlife in Oz that is always being touted, but there are a host of other reasons. Sure, feral cats contribute, but they are not the main reason. And the guys I mentioned are obviously not interested in any facts whatsoever but are simply posting to wind people up and have a laugh. You as a cat owner I would expect to be different, which if you say you are, I except and apologize for my hasty post.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 1:50 pm
Banned

Can't fence the cats in any more, gotta fence 'em out.

Earth Sanctuaries Ltd
Old Sep 16th 2003, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Megalania
Can't fence the cats in any more, gotta fence 'em out.

Earth Sanctuaries Ltd
yeah yeah, more of the same age-old propaganda.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Maybe calling you these names was a bit hasty, I was mainly thinking of Megalania, Bondipom etc. But you were happy to jump in as well with the kill-the-cats-crowd when there is much research that says cats are simply not responsible for the decimation of wildlife in Oz that is always being touted, but there are a host of other reasons. Sure, feral cats contribute, but they are not the main reason. And the guys I mentioned are obviously not interested in any facts whatsoever but are simply posting to wind people up and have a laugh. You as a cat owner I would expect to be different, which if you say you are, I except and apologize for my hasty post.
I "accept" your apology but wish to point out that I did not jump in with the "kill-the-cats-crowd" and would never join the "kill-the-cats-crowd" regardless of how much more appetising it is now looks.

Thanks.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 1:55 pm
Banned

yeah yeah, more of the same age-old propaganda.
yeah yeah, more of the same self interest cat trap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.