Old Apr 11th 2006, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

millymog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I went to Oz for a holiday

Originally Posted by northerner
A 21 page thread??!!! Well done Molly!!

Graham
Why, thank you Graham

When i posted it i didnt expect this much reaction. I was just saying how i didnt enjoy it, and realised that it wasnt the place for me, but i reckon anywhere but where i am now, wouldnt be the place for me.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 7:47 am
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by millymog
Why, thank you Graham

When i posted it i didnt expect this much reaction. I was just saying how i didnt enjoy it, and realised that it wasnt the place for me, but i reckon anywhere but where i am now, wouldnt be the place for me.
I've just gone and got my popcorn and comfy chair so hopefully it'll keep going
Old Apr 11th 2006, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benny the ball

Me too
Old Apr 11th 2006, 7:54 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm still here with my sharpened pen (well, keyboard...you know what I mean).
Old Apr 11th 2006, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
Don't even get me started on that one! Take those rose tinters off, mate - most go for a piece of paper that gives you a head start, a job in the city and the chance to meet their future (successful) spouse. And bump in Stephen Hawking. And go punting.

Lol, I'm generalising, obviously, but I doubt there are that many people who go to Oxbridge purely for the joy of learning. Most go because they can.
I know that, what I am saying is that you don't *necessarily* pass off the chance because you'd rather go elsewhere...although I've known people who do...

Its precisely the challenge of being with like minded people, that's what I meant not the learning, in fact. Most undergrads are not that excited about work for work's sake most of the time.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 8:41 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benny the ball
LOL I left it for one day (went to the Lake District yesterday on a bit of a photographic tour - absolutely beautiful, and glorious sunshine too ), came back and there were about 5 more pages to wade through!

Graham
Old Apr 11th 2006, 8:43 am

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by millymog
Why, thank you Graham

Woooaaaaah there..... A 22 page thread!!!!

Old Apr 11th 2006, 9:13 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Beats eastenders

what was the question again??
Old Apr 11th 2006, 9:15 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
I know that, what I am saying is that you don't *necessarily* pass off the chance because you'd rather go elsewhere...although I've known people who do...

Its precisely the challenge of being with like minded people, that's what I meant not the learning, in fact. Most undergrads are not that excited about work for work's sake most of the time.

Blimey, I've met more like-minded people since leaving Cambridge than I ever met when I was there!
Old Apr 11th 2006, 9:16 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by possoms
Beats eastenders

what was the question again??

Erm, er, erm, was it something to do with Oz vs UK? I've forgotten, but that's always a safe bet
Old Apr 11th 2006, 9:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northerner
Woooaaaaah there..... A 22 page thread!!!!

Do what I did - change your settings. It's only page 9 on my set up

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bundy
Erm, er, erm, was it something to do with Oz vs UK? I've forgotten, but that's always a safe bet
ah yeah ..as you were
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20

Old Apr 11th 2006, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
What settings are these you speak of? I must know!

Graham
Old Apr 11th 2006, 10:20 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
You having arguments with yourself now?
LOL No, I was obviously addlibbying from my post immediately preceding that one, as I'm sure you know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.