Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Housing bubble in Australia

Housing bubble in Australia

Old Mar 3rd 2010, 3:44 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Housing bubble in Australia

Originally Posted by coolshadows
the way you doctor the look of statistics, are you sure you don't work for Rismark?
That was a good play with those Rismark graphs wasn't it, showing parts first before the full one

It shows to be wary of some figures, without a full picture.

The real figures that I prefer for that suburb are:

Year Median House Price (annualised)
2001 $106,000
2002 $120,000
2003 $132,500
2004 $160,000
2005 $195,000
2006 $270,000
2007 $351,250
2008 $335,000
2009 $357,500

All bumps smoothed out.... with just a tiny dip in 2008.

Old Mar 3rd 2010, 3:49 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by coolshadows
I've seen the house price charts for 2003 - present (with a continual, but moderate increase above inflation, wages etc...), but was wondering how prices had changed before that...

Sourced from ABS:
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/5663/historicdata.jpg

I'd have to agree that it appears to be a bubble that has shown signs of a gradual deflation. But I'm no expert.
Isolate that down to 1986 to 1989 and you have a massive bubble that would have people talking about the certain bust to follow. And still they are waiting...

But... we didn't have the Internet to keep us talking about it then...

Old Mar 3rd 2010, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

The owner of the property gets to keep any profit made on the sale.
The bank only gets the interest on the money they lend to you.
The bank gets NO direct share of the profit on sale.

Who is the owner ?
Shouldn't that be "profit or loss"
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 8:34 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by freebo
Shouldn't that be "profit or loss"
Never had a loss on a property, so never even considered that.

Old Mar 3rd 2010, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Me either, but I know its a possibilty.

Really I was just making the point in relation to the great ownership debate that this thread's decended into the lender is always owed their money, regarless of how the property performs.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

pomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Or have I, BUT you've got to know when to hold 'em and got to know when to fold 'em.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 10:03 am
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

That was a good play with those Rismark graphs wasn't it, showing parts first before the full one
As always until someone points it out!!
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 10:10 am
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DownUnderPaddy
Bullsbrook ?? I had to look that one up - never heard of it !
A population of approx 3,900 people.
In a population sample size that small, small changes will cause huge trend deviations. So that graph would not be unusual on that basis surely ?
Bullsbrook??? Shouldn't that have read Bulls**t??
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 10:14 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by swigski
As always until someone points it out!!
You don't like me playing with RP Data figures do you ?

Old Mar 3rd 2010, 10:33 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

There's an RAAF airbase there - you can get a great view of Hawk jets landing and taking off.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

pomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
There's an RAAF airbase there - you can get a great view of Hawk jets landing and taking off.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:10 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I was referring to the figures

Last edited by swigski; Mar 3rd 2010 at 11:10 am. Reason: a
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:11 am
Banned

danjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nice

Australia has the most inflated property prices in the world!

...and unlike the UK is not short of land either = big falls!
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:12 am
Banned

You don't like me playing with RP Data figures do you ?
I don't like you manipulating ANY figures!

Why do you feel the need to do so??
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 1:19 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Housing bubble in Australia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.