Goodbye (again)

Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of
Default Re: Goodbye (again)

"I've only discovered this week (after 3 months) what the hell 'karma' is all about - thought it was some new age thing that I didn't need to worry about. Apologies to all of you who have helped me and I've not sent any - will in future!!"

I've been thinking the same thing - go on then what is Karma about? Oh and while I'm at it what's lol? Is it just cos I don't do texting that I don't understand these things?

Sorry Paul for diverting from the theme but I didn't want to start a whole thread for one simple answer and thanks for raising this one - the only thread I've seen from you before was the one on where you got your name and you weren't last on that.

Good luck
Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flip
"I've only discovered this week (after 3 months) what the hell 'karma' is all about - thought it was some new age thing that I didn't need to worry about. Apologies to all of you who have helped me and I've not sent any - will in future!!"

I've been thinking the same thing - go on then what is Karma about? Oh and while I'm at it what's lol? Is it just cos I don't do texting that I don't understand these things?

Sorry Paul for diverting from the theme but I didn't want to start a whole thread for one simple answer and thanks for raising this one - the only thread I've seen from you before was the one on where you got your name and you weren't last on that.

Good luck
Ok, I'll tell ya but you have to give me Karma

lol means laugh out loud

pmsl means pissing myself laughing.

If you look in the bottom left of this post you will see a button that says 'Karma'. Feel free to click it, a pop up box will appear, add some text if you want, make sure you identify yourself in the text cos the receiver of the karma won't know who sent it unless you say in the text.

All other acronyms you read you can guess (like rofpmsl - rolling on the floor pissing myself laughing).

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Ok, I'll tell ya but you have to give me Karma

lol means laugh out loud

pmsl means pissing myself laughing.

If you look in the bottom left of this post you will see a button that says 'Karma'. Feel free to click it, a pop up box will appear, add some text if you want, make sure you identify yourself in the text cos the receiver of the karma won't know who sent it unless you say in the text.

All other acronyms you read you can guess (like rofpmsl - rolling on the floor pissing myself laughing).

Cheers,
JTL
but what does karma do for you - if you get loads do you stop feeling ignored?
Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:47 pm

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, hello !
Karma sent.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flip
but what does karma do for you - if you get loads do you stop feeling ignored?

It does nothing, but it looks good on your avatar.

They did an upgrade a while back and introduced this Karma thing which I thought was a load of rubbish. But then everyone got really keen on it, and tried to get as many of those little blue boxes as possible.

I suppose to be sensible for a moment, it shows your reliability as a poster. But then its so corrupted, people exchange karma on these forums like you wouldn't believe, so if anything, if I see a poster with tons of little blue karma boxes, I'm suspicious.

In my own stupid way, I decided my avatar would look a hell of alot cooler if I had a few arcade crowns underneath it. At least that means something.

Karma is karma, its ethereal. But some people want it like a drug

Cheers,
JTL

Now give me Karma
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:07 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Just want to say thanks to everyone for their nice words I have not long awoke.

I just have a few comments.

Yes, my attack at JAJ maybe came across wrong. I did say I wanted to thank him most, I know he has helped me the most on here, and I said that. I know he is bang on with what he knows and says, hence I have the most respect for him (and have made this clear on posts!). One day I was pretty much exchanging msg's about my Student query with him for hours! I'd reply, and within half an hour he would've replied, and it turn shot to pieces my idea. Still, he gives correct advice so I take it as gospel. I was just trying to say that altho I was happy in the fact I was getting good 'free' advice from him, I dunno, I spose I was just hoping I'd see a few 'good luck' or 'go for it' contributions from others as altho I spend hours on here trying to suss it all out, at the end of the day I really haven't a clue!

I apologise to Jeremy, but we have spoke via PM about his views with study to PR. He has these views because he see's so many ppl try it, and fail. That is fair enough, but not everyone surely!

I said why I'm Jim2004 and not Paul on the 'reasons you chose your username' thread if anyone thinks I'm a fruitcake because of this. That post fell flat on the floor tho, just like my one about getting knocked in the cab last night on the poll for violence or attacks and stuff (you know the one!)

The thread stopper, well ok maybe I have this all wrong then, maybe I'm not the only one, but I've got a list of over 10 in my subscribed to that all show last comment by me.

As to my private life and my partner. Yes this in now doubt stuff that isn't for this site, but get your violins out!

I used to be a Bricklayer, I had to give up this job for medical reasons and went and done the Knowledge to be a black cabbie. I started off doing days, but VERY soon switched over to nights as the traffic drove me insane. I've rode motorbikes since I was 16 and got a bit used to the freedom I guess, but I switched to nights for sanity reasons. Nights works to a degree for me (a degree, I still HATE it) but the biggest problem is with Friday & Saturday night being the 'bankers' for the week, getting out with friends for a bit of a social is 1) an expensive loss, and 2) well it just never happens. When I lived in London I had loads of friends, but (if you've got your violin ready, we're going for an A Minor here!) since moving out of london to a new area and not being able to get out, well I'm just a larry now! (slang for 'on your own' for all who don't get that)

Back to the private life, partner and stuff, well I'm just an open person and I don't mind posting stuff like that. I see it as relevant to what I'm saying so talk about it. I'm sure a lot of people think they come on here to find out about Oz, and don't want to read whinging pom Jim going on about HIS troubles, I KNOW we all have them as far as Immigration goes.

I think I just don't have anyone apart from my partner (who is a wonderful girl! we met as teens, started a family soon and I was a dad to be at 18. We've been together over 16 years and ARE happy, very happy we have a few problems that hopefully Australia will sort for us. We accept that there is no guarantee of this, but are willing to give it a go. GETTING to Oz is the hard bit tho

I just see I opened a bracket back there but this has prob been too much info to fit into brackets , but what I started off this paragraph by saying is, well apart from her I guess I just don't have anyone to talk to ............... larry! ...lol

One of my best friends is someone I met over the net and they live in NZ. When I get in from work at 4 - 6am, (and all my friends are asleep!) because of the time difference, they are at work in mid afternoon, and we have a good ole natter.

I think I want/need more from a forum than it can give, but I am learning this, and accepting it really

I think too I am a bit of a geek and spent too much time on the PC anyway, but another story!

I guess that's about it.

Oh tiredwithtwins. I am sorry for ignoring your posts, I was not aware you had asked something but not got a reply.

I think after a sleep and reading these replies, my best plan of action is to lie low for a while, as I've got a few weeks of work on my house before I can get agents round for a valuation (yup, got the stress of that to come yet!). It was going to go on the market asap, but this too is probably best to wait till my partner is better. The work in the house will occupy myself, and thankfully I have a wonderful daughter who is helping at home

I'll probably return.

Thank you my friends
Old Apr 7th 2005, 5:52 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Ta da! .......... mr thread stopper!

lol

Ok, I am reading into this enough has been said on this matter. I HAVE been reassured and thank you everyone.

Please no one reply to this thread no more, I hope to be back soon

THE END
Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:50 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Ta da! .......... mr thread stopper!

lol

Ok, I am reading into this enough has been said on this matter. I HAVE been reassured and thank you everyone.

Please no one reply to this thread no more, I hope to be back soon

THE END
Sorry but I aint gonna let you be the thread stopper on this one

Come back soon
Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by possoms
Sorry but I aint gonna let you be the thread stopper on this one

Come back soon
I thought it was kind of poetic. He thought he was a thread killer and so we let him kill his last thread.

Oh well,

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:03 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was kind of poetic.

JTL

So did I
Gillian
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:06 am
Phoenixuk2oz

I thought it was kind of poetic. He thought he was a thread killer and so we let him kill his last thread.

Oh well,

Cheers,
JTL
Me too. Best made plans an all that

Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:45 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Me too. Best made plans an all that
sorry but he feels bad enough, couldn't do it to him.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:51 am
ABCDiamond

I think he must be smiling now

Old Apr 8th 2005, 10:20 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by possoms
sorry but he feels bad enough, couldn't do it to him.
lol....we can't help ourselves can we

We ladies always have to get the last word in

Old Apr 8th 2005, 10:23 am
ABCDiamond

I'm just curious to find out who the last poster actually will be

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.