Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast meet July 2007

Gold Coast meet July 2007

Old Jul 14th 2007, 11:28 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold Coast meet July 2007

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Excellent photos mate, I'm sure no-one can identify me! We need to do a roll call next time so we know who was there and can put names to faces!
cheers pal.
did u see the photo of the bloke telling everyone how big a fish he caught?
Old Jul 14th 2007, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

Thanks once again for organising today Soapy, we met some lovely people, it was a great turn out, and we all had a great day

Can I click on those photos and make them bigger I can hardly see them, mind you I have got my beer goggles on tonight
Old Jul 14th 2007, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Phyllis n Joe will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by auspal
Thanks once again for organising today Soapy, we met some lovely people, it was a great turn out, and we all had a great day

Can I click on those photos and make them bigger I can hardly see them, mind you I have got my beer goggles on tonight
Yeah auspal just click on the image an it will "enlarge" it! I don't think I had a chance to meet you today, did I????

Phyllis
Old Jul 14th 2007, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Phyllis n Joe
Yeah auspal just click on the image an it will "enlarge" it! I don't think I had a chance to meet you today, did I????

Phyllis
We did say hello Phyllis

My name is Bev, I am the Yorkshire lady
Old Jul 14th 2007, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

We did say hello Phyllis

Hi Bev,

Soz I met that many ppl, and that was me Tea total!! We had a great day though didn't get the chance to talk to everyone. Also trying to seperate the the BE logo name to their real name was hard!

Phyllis
Old Jul 14th 2007, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

We did say hello Phyllis

OMG, I always thought you were a man. I read your name as Aus Paul Sorry
Old Jul 14th 2007, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Someone else said that to me today as well

I must come across all manly in my posts

I do remember you saying at the meet that you were teetotal Phyllis
Old Jul 14th 2007, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Someone else said that to me today as well

I must come across all manly in my posts

I do remember you saying at the meet that you were teetotal Phyllis
I do like a wee G n T but unfortunately one of us had to drive!! I drew the short straw!
Then Joe stops drinking after 2 beers an drives anyway!!!

Phyllis
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
im still like that
yeah right!!

cheers pal.
did u see the photo of the bloke telling everyone how big a fish he caught?
PMSL! He had a good time too, think he likes being the honorary Aussie!
See you at the October one - try and avoid Indy week, won't you
Old Jul 14th 2007, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jockstar
Back on topic. Me and the wife will be at the meet for sure. We will be bending all of your ears regarding living up there. Be warned.

I forgot to tell you about " the green behind the gold" yesterday, we have a beautiful Hinterland here, a short drive from the coast, with rainforest and magnificent scenery.

Are you convinced yet to move here?, we would be delighted to show you and your lovely wife the sights if you move up here
Old Jul 14th 2007, 9:51 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Come along next time and you'll feel a bit braver We all started somewhere and remember that feeling of "oh no, all those people and I don't know who is who"
We went and I still dont know who was who!!!!

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Hi Soapy thank you for a good afternoon. Nice to put a few faces to Avatars. Would have liked to have mingled some more but to shy Thanks Julie for persuading me to come , you were right had a fab time. Shiels it was nice to meet you at last.

Stacey xx
Lovely to meet you too Stacey C x
Old Jul 14th 2007, 11:04 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Good morning all!!! What a great day we had yesterday,Well done on the pics Soapy,and the organising of yet another meet,your efforts dont go unnoticed mate.

I managed to put some more faces to names and it was nice to speak with a few people i hadnt met,like Bev,Sam, Jockstar and a few i havent seen since the Glasgow meet in November,also im glad to see Jacqui and Craig are settling in ok.

Theres a few others i met who's names i dont remember,maybe Soapy should have listened to Paulines nametag idea! lol.

It was a great meet and we cant wait for the next one.

Brian and Julie
Old Jul 15th 2007, 12:18 am
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by brido
Good morning all!!! What a great day we had yesterday,Well done on the pics Soapy,and the organising of yet another meet,your efforts dont go unnoticed mate.

Theres a few others i met who's names i dont remember,maybe Soapy should have listened to Paulines nametag idea! lol.

It was a great meet and we cant wait for the next one.

Brian and Julie
Ditto here, nametags a great idea, will have to have user names on too.
Thanks again Soapy & Pauline, Angie
Old Jul 15th 2007, 12:43 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

it was a fantastic day!
the next meet is in october
Thanks for organising the meet we enjoyed meeting with fellow 'Brits'!
Old Jul 15th 2007, 12:54 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

thanks everyone

pauline did come up with the idea of stickers. but she left them at home. it wouldnt have mattered, she only had about 60
but i will do it the next time.
for all the people who cant remember who they were talking to..........

at least next time you will know faces and wont feel so strange.

it was that big. i spent the day just saying hello to people then moving on

brido and jockstar took photos, so i hope to see them soon.
im sure a few more took photos too

Everyone deserves a pat on the back for making it a fantastic day!

Pauline and I thank you very very much

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.