Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anyone fancy a meet in Sydney?

View Poll Results: Does anyone fancy a meet in Sydney?
Yes we would love to
50.00%
No we are too busy
0%
No its too cold
5.26%
I'll check my diary
7.89%
Would love to but have something else on
7.89%
Im not really in to meets
5.26%
No its too far to go
23.68%
No, im in the 'We know who you are gang'
2.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Does anyone fancy a meet in Sydney?

Old Aug 13th 2005, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

tonyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone fancy a meet in Sydney?

Originally Posted by soapy
hi Tony, on your first day eh? brave man. only one other has done that and it was Dutch. heres a map. the 'O' is Stanmore and the 'X' is the park where we are meeting up. if u can print a map of the park (on the first page of this thread) it will make it easier.
hope u make it mate. it takes about 25 mins by car i think
soapy
cheers mate i do my best
Old Aug 13th 2005, 11:44 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

only 2 weeks left till the meet and it looks as if its gonna be a big one
Old Aug 14th 2005, 5:45 am
Just Joined

Peeper is an unknown quantity at this point

It’s been a while now since the last meet. The ladies night seems to have went well, so lets see if we can have another meet as big as the last one.
I have decided to make it a poll to see how many really want to go.
The details of the meet are.

Right everyone in Sydney. The last meet was so successful that I thought it was about time for a new meet. The venue was fab for adults and kids, so I don’t see any reason to change that either.
http://www.discoversydney.com.au/parks/centennial.html

map
http://www.multimap.com.au/map/brow...&multimap.y=198

map2
http://www.cp.nsw.gov.au/maps/index_ie.htm

now the date is Sunday the 28th of August and the time is 12ish

right, I?ve worked out a meeting place.
If you use map2 from the post above u will get a detailed map of the park. There?s plenty of BBQ sites but I think the best one with toilets and ponds other things to do is......
the BBQ on Grand drive, next to the learners cycleway. Be careful theres 2 BBQs next to each other. If you are unsure check with me.
I’ll post my phone number the night before, just in case.
Now it’s up to u lot to keep this thread going.

Jo
Old Aug 14th 2005, 12:18 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peeper
Count us in! Sounds like a good plan - we have missed the last few meet ups so looking forward to joining you on the 28th

Jo
great jo, look farward to seeing u there.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 11:00 am
Master of verbal pish©

thought i would just send this up to the top of the page. i looks as if a few expats missed it.
Old Aug 19th 2005, 10:43 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

thought i would bump this for the weekend and catch any stragglers lol
Remember it could be your last chance to meet Robert the Bruce aka Soapy
Old Aug 19th 2005, 11:00 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Bix
Remember it could be your last chance to meet Robert the Bruce aka Soapy
hey u !!!!!
dont put them off
Old Aug 19th 2005, 11:38 am
Master of verbal pish©

so far ive had about 26 emails from memebrs who are going next week. i think this will be the bigest meet ever......look forward to seeing u all
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

For all you coming next week to Centennial Park.... just to let you all know that it is a 'Car Free Day'..... they have four per year and it just so happens that next Sunday is one.. bit of a bummer but hey ho, just park outside guys and we will be right... first come first serve for the spaces
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 12:06 pm
Master of verbal pish©

just as rumbletum said, no parking in the park on the day of the meet. so get there early. there should be plenty of parking round the park. or u could park in fox studios accross the road from the park. there might be a fee for that though.
less than a week to go see u all there
oops nearly forgot this wee map of the area.
X marks the spot
Attached Thumbnails Does anyone fancy a meet in Sydney?-map5.jpg  

Last edited by soapy©; Aug 22nd 2005 at 1:23 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

With an offer like that I have decided to drag the hubby out of his slumber (on nights Sat) and come along, I will the chipper one, he'll be the zombie looking creature.

Soapy, sorry to be a pain, but rather than me trawl through all the posts. What do we bring with us.

Jo
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 12:27 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by joho
With an offer like that I have decided to drag the hubby out of his slumber (on nights Sat) and come along, I will the chipper one, he'll be the zombie looking creature.

Soapy, sorry to be a pain, but rather than me trawl through all the posts. What do we bring with us.

Jo
hi jo, u can bring what u like. theres uaualy barbie food and some just bring snacks. wine, beer and other soft drinks are fine. i spend most of the day at the BBQ, so if u bring some meat, ill cook it for ya
ill bring some smelling salts for your hubby. but once he sees mrs soapy, the fright will keep him awake all day
Old Aug 24th 2005, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice

hi jo, u can bring what u like. theres uaualy barbie food and some just bring snacks. wine, beer and other soft drinks are fine. i spend most of the day at the BBQ, so if u bring some meat, ill cook it for ya
ill bring some smelling salts for your hubby. but once he sees mrs soapy, the fright will keep him awake all day
You've never offered to cook my meet I'll remember that on Sunday, by the way have you seen the weather forecast for Sunday?? Have you been chatting to him upstairs again?? :scared: :scared:
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:39 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by WHEEZY
You've never offered to cook my meet I'll remember that on Sunday, by the way have you seen the weather forecast for Sunday?? Have you been chatting to him upstairs again?? :
yup, 23 and super sun !!!!!! he he he
i had to laugh, u were far too busy gabbing to even bring your meat to the BBQ
ill cook your meat pal.....i dont want u missing out on all that gabbing
Old Aug 24th 2005, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice

yup, 23 and super sun !!!!!! he he he
i had to laugh, u were far too busy gabbing to even bring your meat to the BBQ
ill cook your meat pal.....i dont want u missing out on all that gabbing
Cheers Soapy,

Drinking copious amounts of wine, whilst making sensible conversation is difficult enough, without adding cooking to the equation :scared: :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.