Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do my UK driving endorsents follow me to Oz?

Do my UK driving endorsents follow me to Oz?

Old Jul 4th 2008, 10:08 pm
Legal immigrant

Lee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do my UK driving endorsents follow me to Oz?

Originally Posted by Centurion
Nope its our Australian system. 12 points is still the magic number
Hmmm, better make sure the car we choose has cruise control then

i take it the police have the ability to check how long you have been in the country, so you can't just say here is my UK license mate, over here on holiday

Jon
Old Jul 4th 2008, 10:12 pm
Legal immigrant

Lee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nick72
Only good thing is as your points are not transferable my car was being driven by the father in law on the highway....Fine paid....points gone...
Can you explain what you mean by the above?

Jon
Old Jul 5th 2008, 6:11 am
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute

He does not pick up the points in the UK...

Nick
Old Jul 5th 2008, 8:18 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lee Family
Hmmm, better make sure the car we choose has cruise control then

i take it the police have the ability to check how long you have been in the country, so you can't just say here is my UK license mate, over here on holiday

Jon
You could, however :-

1. So how is the car registered to you then sir ? bearing in mind you need a Queensland Transport licence or customer reference number to buy or register it.

2. If you pull your UK licence out and they buy your story you get sent a fine to the UK. Also your licence is noted so if you then exchange your licence to a QLD one it comes fully loaded with all the optional extras just as the points you would have received.

My smart ass father in law tried this and we fell about laughing when he changed his licence and it came with 6 points on.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 9:22 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Centurion
Also your licence is noted so if you then exchange your licence to a QLD one it comes fully loaded with all the optional extras just as the points you would have received.
Yeah I foolishly believed while on my UK license I'd get the fine, but NO points!

Till I got my QLD one and had the lovely bonuses on it! ... :curse:
Old Jul 5th 2008, 8:56 pm
Legal immigrant

Looks like its time to slow down then