debt in uk

Old Oct 30th 2006, 12:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: debt in uk

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Just a thought...........when most people open their bank account one of the ID's required is your passport. So you set up direct debits on your bank account to pay your credit card. So therefore your credit card company could contact your bank get your passport number, track you down then get a debt management company in that particular company to chase you up. Personally it is not worth the risk of leaving debt behind in the UK.

Its pretty amazing people dont seem to realise how easy it is to track down people emigrating, der you have a passport. But then you wouldnt expect people to be doing yet another post about fraud on a public form anybody could be reading.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Its pretty amazing people dont seem to realise how easy it is to track down people emigrating, der you have a passport. But then you wouldnt expect people to be doing yet another post about fraud on a public form anybody could be reading.
totally agree. the world is a small place now...........beware!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 30th 2006, 12:41 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

......think i have read in another post much the same as this, that overseas debts cannot be chased by agencies in australia, as they have no jurisdiction in this country. it was posted by centurion, who used to have a bailiff company in the UK. hang on will see if i can find the thread, dont want to be shouted at by others if i cant back up my post

...here it is, centurion posted throughout it, but i think it is the last one is the one that i am thinking of.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378226

and........
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...70#post3559070

and.....
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...15#post3536315

...sorry, i just remembered he posted about it a few times.

Last edited by Sleeping Beauty; Oct 30th 2006 at 1:04 am.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 12:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
......think i have read in another post much the same as this, that overseas debts cannot be chased by agencies in australia, as they have no jurisdiction in this country. it was posted by centurion, who used to have a bailiff company in the UK. hang on will see if i can find the thread, dont want to be shouted at by others if i cant back up my post

I saw that one too

Also there are different regulations within different states here in Oz regarding both debt collection and data protection. So even if they sold the debt on to an international company they would not necessarily be able to find you either. But then they might.

Disclaimer: At the end of the day it is up to individuals to decide if they can live with it or not. I'm not going to judge anyone either way as it's not my place to.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 1:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
And totally different opinion by another person in debt collection has been given in the past.

Whatever the case these threads pop up every few weeks, its beginning to give the impression australias not selective enough about who it lets in. If people leaving the UK are prepared to do fraud likely they would do exactly the same when they leave OZ.

Plus are people really that naive they think they will never have cause to go back to UK, sure everyones eimgrating and will never go back, yeah right, people arrive and go back every week.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 1:07 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

And totally different opinion by another person in debt collection has been given in the past.

Whatever the case these threads pop up every few weeks, its beginning to give the impression australias not selective enough about who it lets in. If people leaving the UK are prepared to do fraud likely they would do exactly the same when they leave OZ.

Plus are people really that naive they think they will never have cause to go back to UK, sure everyones eimgrating and will never go back, yeah right, people arrive and go back every week.
i wouldnt like to have that option of going back to the uk taken away from me , but there again, not everybody is the same unfortunately.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 2:10 am
now sweet kraut

sour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to all

I haven't read every single post in this thread, but I'm getting the impression the original poster has somewhat created an avalanche with a perfectly innocent question, if outstanding debts would affect you either with a visa application or mortgage application or something like that.
How did all this get turned into fraud, criminal and immoral behaviour and the outcry for tighter visa regulations?
A lot of people seem to be saying anyone who's in debt can't be trusted, man you must be lonely.

Last edited by sour kraut; Oct 30th 2006 at 2:14 am.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 2:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sour kraut
I haven't read every single post in this thread, but I'm getting the impression the original poster has somewhat created an avalanche with a perfectly innocent question about a wide-spread banking practice of arranging a discounted settlement of credit card debt (usually at about 80% of the amount, if settled immediately in full).
How did all this get turned into fraud, criminal and immoral behaviour and the outcry for tighter visa regulations?

The can I leave the UK without paying my debts threads/or can I leave the UK without informing child benefit threads now come up every few weeks.

All a bit of a joke when you think how many people do thread after thread they are leaving the UK because of immigrants ripping off the system/country/population
Old Oct 30th 2006, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, our company collects worldwide (if the debt is big enough) as centurion covered earlier. We cannot use passports (mentioned earlier in the thread) as we dont have that sort of agreement/authority to liase with the passport people to find out where they are.

Missing the fraud part though mentioned above...where does fraud come into non repayment of debt??? do you mean theft???
Old Oct 30th 2006, 3:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Yep, our company collects worldwide (if the debt is big enough) as centurion covered earlier. We cannot use passports (mentioned earlier in the thread) as we dont have that sort of agreement/authority to liase with the passport people to find out where they are.

Missing the fraud part though mentioned above...where does fraud come into non repayment of debt??? do you mean theft???

Maybe it's fraud if they took out a card with the intention of never paying it back and doing a bunk. Not paying existing debts is just plain theft, I agree there.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 3:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by CathnPaul

Your valuable advices is needed by many great friends in australia and Indias

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404961
Old Oct 30th 2006, 3:50 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Just a thought...........when most people open their bank account one of the ID's required is your passport. So you set up direct debits on your bank account to pay your credit card. So therefore your credit card company could contact your bank get your passport number, track you down then get a debt management company in that particular company to chase you up. Personally it is not worth the risk of leaving debt behind in the UK.
So you really think, upon request, a bank in Australia is quite happily going to divulge extremely sensitive personal information to any old credit company from the UK...?

All in contravention of the 1988 Privacy Act and the Privacy Amendment Act from 2004.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 4:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rodders39
So you really think, upon request, a bank in Australia is quite happily going to divulge extremely sensitive personal information to any old credit company from the UK...?

All in contravention of the 1988 Privacy Act and the Privacy Amendment Act from 2004.
Absolute classic, the threads now turned into one about doing the right thing PMSL
Old Oct 30th 2006, 4:29 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Absolute classic, the threads now turned into one about doing the right thing PMSL
No it hasn't.

I'm pointing out that no bank is going to divulge any personal information to anyone without a court ordering it.

Nor is any UK Government Department with access to passport records; despite what you alluded to earlier.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 4:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rodders39
No it hasn't.

I'm pointing out that no bank is going to divulge any personal information to anyone without a court ordering it.

Nor is any UK Government Department with access to passport records; despite what you alluded to earlier.

Fabulous to see people doing the right thing and following the proper legal process, sleep easy till the court order then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.