Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

crime in melbourne

crime in melbourne

Old Jun 26th 2009, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: crime in melbourne

Originally Posted by asprilla
This is definitely the case in Brisbane too. A few years ago, you could walk all the way down Queen street and be lucky to see 1 or 2 indian folks. Today, you will see 2 or 300 in that short 5min walk.

(ps - I don't think that is a bad thing at all.... I'm just saying, I agree that that there has been a very sudden visible increase in the indian population here, and it will certainly be provoking the nutters amongst us.)
And the case here in Perth ,in fact the number of visible immigrants has greatly increased with Indians being the latest group to make their presence felt ...all good as far as i am concerned.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 9:35 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by asprilla
This is definitely the case in Brisbane too. A few years ago, you could walk all the way down Queen street and be lucky to see 1 or 2 indian folks. Today, you will see 2 or 300 in that short 5min walk.

(ps - I don't think that is a bad thing at all.... I'm just saying, I agree that that there has been a very sudden visible increase in the indian population here, and it will certainly be provoking the nutters amongst us.)
I don't think it's bad either. More Indians equals more decent Indian restaurants.

I'd rather live with an Indian than a white bigot (unless the Indian was also a bigot, in which case I wouldn't want to live with either).

Last edited by MartinLuther; Jun 26th 2009 at 9:38 pm.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 3:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

I would even take it futher and say i would like to see Perth finally shake out of it's slumbber and embrace the Indian Ocean region and become a city for the centre of art and culture, business and education profecentcy which would amount to a even far bigger increase of visible minorities but also create a vibrantcy unmatched in the rest of this island nation.It would give a buzz that people would come from far to be a part of younger wouldn't want to uproot to London or New York...as Perth is where it's happening...markets to rival Asias...food diversity capital of the region a centre that finally takes on the resimbilance of a city...a centre that people want to be...
Will a bit of thought Perth could outdo Melbourne hands done.....but could seems the operative word here where is the will??
Old Jun 27th 2009, 3:15 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Will a bit of thought Perth could outdo Melbourne hands done.....but could seems the operative word here where is the will??
I disagree

The operative word is "thought"
Old Jun 27th 2009, 3:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I don't think it's bad either. More Indians equals more decent Indian restaurants.

I'd rather live with an Indian than a white bigot (unless the Indian was also a bigot, in which case I wouldn't want to live with either).
Every chance that an Indian bigot wouldn't want you as a neighbour anyway,so that part of the problem is half way to being solved.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 3:21 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

I would even take it futher and say i would like to see Perth finally shake out of it's slumbber and embrace the Indian Ocean region and become a city for the centre of art and culture, business and education profecentcy which would amount to a even far bigger increase of visible minorities but also create a vibrantcy unmatched in the rest of this island nation.It would give a buzz that people would come from far to be a part of younger wouldn't want to uproot to London or New York...as Perth is where it's happening...markets to rival Asias...food diversity capital of the region a centre that finally takes on the resimbilance of a city...a centre that people want to be...
You would have to get people to actually want to live there first. Perth currently has a small population that is also very transient.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 3:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
I disagree

The operative word is "thought"
Afraid i do agree with you there is so little thinking outside of the circle and what little innovative thought that does come to light takes ages if ever to be acted upon.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 3:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Deancm
You would have to get people to actually want to live there first. Perth currently has a small population that is also very transient.
Very true.But population growth is high in Perth well was during the boom at any rate.
Perth also has a high visible immigrant population (relative) in place and seems to be increasing by the month.
Perth needs a new Brand..making it a cool,inclusve city with a bit of a vibe that will encourage the young educated to return....so there has to be a reason besides being chilled out (as people like to claim) Perth will perhaps know they are getting it right if the flow reverses and the younger hip start moving here(perth)as it is the place to be.....And do i believe that will happen?Well actually no i don't.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 3:54 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Every chance that an Indian bigot wouldn't want you as a neighbour anyway,so that part of the problem is half way to being solved.
Cool
Old Jun 27th 2009, 4:45 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Theres been a massive increase in the numbers of Indian students in OZ, the main reason most study here is'nt for the education but becasue studying and working here gives them Permanent residency in Australia, lots of dodgy schools offering hairdressing and cooking courses have opened up and making a fortune from these student/ immigrants. Many can hardly speak English or even particularly interested in what they are studying.

Last edited by mohogony; Jun 27th 2009 at 4:48 am.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 7:12 am
Account Closed

lovetv is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately TRUE but partially.
Its unfortunately true that, people who are with completely different culture, attitude, looks etc. count as an INDIAN even there is complete difference between their culture, attitude, looks just because of BLOODY MIXTURE of 27 states into the Republic of India.
There are only 4-5 states which you can tell Cultural and developed, REMAINING india is just like SLUMS.
I completely AGREE that INDIANS are ALSO RACIST but not only abroad in INDIA TOO.
Finally U R Correct, he must be a TAMIL or SOUTH INDIAN. I know these SLUMDOGS very WELL. From their born they LEARN GOOD ENGLISH because its compulsory in their states (so that they can get job easily in central govt.) and LEARN hard other things (bec. they know they must need to leave their state after study - otherwise they will die without FOOD). Once they got a job in any company THEY WILL start to admit their friends, relatives even people from their states. THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE DOING SINCE DECADES EVEN IN INDIA TOO. They came to Mumbai from Chennai as a Managers and then start recruiting their friends, relatives and other TAMILS ONLY.

Originally Posted by qld
Indians are the most racist people on earth. I dont blame them for it but they are.

My wife was working at a particular job, where the manager happened to be Indian. Slowly, the whites were fired one by one, on the lamest of excuses. It was the Indian managers doing, as she got in the ear of the owner. They were then replaced by friends and acquaintances of the Indian Manager, until there was not a single white female left in the section where my wife worked. My wife was one of the last to go. The excuse that they used - there was not enough work. My wife found out it was because she was pregnant at the time. The Indian manager used this as leverage to get in the owners ear yet again, and got my wife fired Of course, she was replaced by another Indian. So much for "not enough work"! My wife said that the Indian ladies were hopeless. They were lazy, and talked a lot, and their English was not the best, so my wife was picking up the slack - and she was pregnant! She also said that they were rude, but some were nice (maybe one or two).

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jun 30th 2009 at 7:56 am. Reason: Sorry, it was doing my head in.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 7:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lovetv
Unfortunately TRUE but partially.
Its unfortunately true that, people who are with completely different culture, attitude, looks etc. count as an INDIAN even there is complete difference between their culture, attitude, looks just because of BLOODY MIXTURE of 27 states into the Republic of India.
There are only 4-5 states which you can tell Cultural and developed, REMAINING india is just like SLUMS.
I completely AGREE that INDIANS are ALSO RACIST but not only abroad in INDIA TOO.
Finally U R Correct, he must be a TAMIL or SOUTH INDIAN. I know these SLUMDOGS very WELL. From their born they LEARN GOOD ENGLISH because its compulsory in their states (so that they can get job easily in central govt.) and LEARN hard other things (bec. they know they must need to leave their state after study - otherwise they will die without FOOD). Once they got a job in any company THEY WILL start to admit their friends, relatives even people from their states. THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE DOING SINCE DECADES EVEN IN INDIA TOO. They came to Mumbai from Chennai as a Managers and then start recruiting their friends, relatives and other TAMILS ONLY.
Couldn't you have chosen a different colour?

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jun 30th 2009 at 7:57 am. Reason: Had to take the red out.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:41 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't you have chosen a different colour?
Nah, wouldn't have been so annoying then. Would it?
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by busterboy
Nah, wouldn't have been so annoying then. Would it?
I was always taught that writing in red should never be used in correspondence as it displays a lack of etiquette and offends.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:53 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

I was always taught that writing in red should never be used in correspondence as it displays a lack of etiquette and offends.
I was told screaming Fook Off did the same!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.