Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Compare standard of living in the UK with Australia

Compare standard of living in the UK with Australia

Old Sep 5th 2013, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Compare standard of living in the UK with Australia

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Id be scared if only I knew what that was
Google is still your friend you know... all the others may have deserted you... But google is STILL your friend
Old Sep 5th 2013, 7:22 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Google is still your friend you know... all the others may have deserted you... But google is STILL your friend
good job Im grown up and don't give a shite then innit

Already googled
Old Sep 7th 2013, 12:04 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
I for one am sick of all the generalising that goes on in here, time for some properly researched facts.

Perth is clean and shite

Brisbane is muggy and shite

Adelaide is boring and shite

Melbourne is shite with good shops

All the best people live in Sydney and Wollongong

undisclosed source
Can we just stretch that a bit and add in Newcastle
Old Sep 7th 2013, 1:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kapri
Can we just stretch that a bit and add in Newcastle
Newcastle went without saying of course
Old Sep 8th 2013, 1:58 pm
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
I for one am sick of all the generalising that goes on in here, time for some properly researched facts.

Perth is clean and shite

Brisbane is muggy and shite

Adelaide is boring and shite

Melbourne is shite with good shops

All the best people live in Sydney and Wollongong

undisclosed source
Nice one.

I live in Singapore but keep juggling my options between heading West to the UK or East towards Australia. Bournemouth vs Sydney. I'm more used to the UK, but prefer this part of the world and have way more family in Oz. I would still rate the standard of living as much higher in the UK, mainly due to the way of life, the high-street, the pubs, the press/tv, etc. That's what's lacking for me in Oz.

I think a strange but somehow accurate outlook that I have is that I would prefer to spend the first half of the day in Sydney, but once it gets dark I would prefer to be in Bournemouth.
Old Sep 8th 2013, 2:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by astera
Nice one.

I live in Singapore but keep juggling my options between heading West to the UK or East towards Australia. Bournemouth vs Sydney. I'm more used to the UK, but prefer this part of the world and have way more family in Oz. I would still rate the standard of living as much higher in the UK, mainly due to the way of life, the high-street, the pubs, the press/tv, etc. That's what's lacking for me in Oz.

I think a strange but somehow accurate outlook that I have is that I would prefer to spend the first half of the day in Sydney, but once it gets dark I would prefer to be in Bournemouth.
The 'Neil Diamond dilemma' -

LA's fine, the sun shines most the time
The feeling is laid back
Palm trees grow and the rents are low
But you know I keep thinking about
Making my way back

Well, I'm New York City born and raised
But nowadays, I'm lost between two shores
LA's fine, but it ain't home
New York's home but it ain't mine no more