Bothered Australian

Bothered Australian

Old Dec 17th 2004, 1:00 pm
you lookin at me?

Ghostface will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bothered Australian

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Would you like some pizza?
i currently have Millers cooling in the Fridge along with my Vodka & Irn Bru, so please deliver mine at 9.30 pm.

1 x 12" Spicy Beef Please

Trolls Bombard This Site
Spouting Pis* & Shi*e

They Drive Us Spare
But We Dont Care

erm...... cos mainly we are drunk.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 1:03 pm
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

Interesting views heraldic and i agree with some of them, unfortunately i will not go further with this subject for obvious reasons, just look at the replies you got, maybe part of the fault lies with the trolls that created trouble before when a topic like this is created, but if you would like to exchange some views you can always PM me.

With Regards,
Boomerang
Old Dec 17th 2004, 2:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomerang
Interesting views heraldic and i agree with some of them, unfortunately i will not go further with this subject for obvious reasons, just look at the replies you got, maybe part of the fault lies with the trolls that created trouble before when a topic like this is created, but if you would like to exchange some views you can always PM me.

With Regards,
Boomerang
Sounds good - those who wish to iscuss this topic go one way, the rest of us will bombard the troll with olives (thats why pizzas have olives you know..... ) and consume vast amounts of alcohol....

Proofreader - did you realise Deadmeat is heading for brisbane, and has promised me we will meet up and share a lot of beer....I'll give you a yell when he gets here next month. That could be a riotous evening!
Old Dec 17th 2004, 2:16 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heraldic
I am an Australian living in the Uk, and while a love it here, the attitudes to OZ displayed on these pages bother me.
Australia is in my opinion an exciting vibrant country-the greatest threat to Australia is from small-minded English ex-pats trying their best to bring the values of "little-england" to OZ.
Firstly, in order to fit in to Australia,(fair enough) they endlessly bash us all over the head reminding us that Australia is "and always will be" an Anglo-saxon country- thereby not allowing Australians to move on and establish their own identity.
Although they are immigrants they think they have the right to talk of "foreigners" negatively-after all "we are not really foreigners-are we".
They land in Australia and feel exempt from the usual "respect for the locals" act-after all Australia is nothing more than a british colony.
Nothing more than a place english white-trash run to when ex-council housing becomes pricey in crawley or sheffield or whichever dump.
nothing more than a place english trash run to so "their taxes dont get spent on illegal immigrants".
it pains me as an Australian(7th generation) that people come here from England for racist reasons(not to mention the fact that it doesnt entirely make sense).
I like England but have come to the conclusion Australia must move on-England has thrown its lot in with Europe(good idea) and the commonwealth means nothing anymore-too few Aussies quite realise that.
When people compare Australia to Texas, i feel honored, but alas I know thats not true-we are still basically English-unfortunately.
new Australians form England should contribute to Australia moving on-not drag us constantly to our past-with the "little-englander" whining moaning and whingeing one hears on this site.
The phrase, "Taring everyone with the same brush", springs to mind here.

heraldic... 7th generation Australian or not. How dare you imply that everyone on this forum has some sort of colonial agenda when we come and live in Australia!

I invite you to look at all the posts I have put on this forum. Lots of them are light harted. (we all need a laugh now and again), but I challenge you to find one post that denigrates, ridicules, or puts down Australia, Australiana, the lifestyle & culture, or anything else about this great country in any way!

I love Australia, and I love living in Australia. God knows, I went through serious shit in order to get my visa to live here.

I make a point of telling people back in Scotland, where I was born, how good it is to live here.

Which brings me to my next point.
You may have thought you were being very articulate in your post.
Sadly, Nothing could have been further from the truth.

The way you referred to English this, and England that, leads me believe that you are either not well informed, or more likely, not very intelligent.
I'll assume that you are the latter, and haven't come to terms with the fact that the UK is made up of Scotland, England, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
The fact that you say you now live in the UK makes the fact that you don't seem to know this, even more incredible!

Using, "England", as a generic term for The UK, shows a severe lack of intelligence.

You say you are a 7th generation Australian. Any kids that we have will be born Australian, and I'm very proud to say that. Generation upon generation after that, I hope will be as proud to say they are as Aussie as you. I just hope they are a bit better informed.

John.........
Old Dec 17th 2004, 2:19 pm
you lookin at me?

Ghostface will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Sounds good - those who wish to iscuss this topic go one way, the rest of us will bombard the troll with olives (thats why pizzas have olives you know..... ) and consume vast amounts of alcohol....

Proofreader - did you realise Deadmeat is heading for brisbane, and has promised me we will meet up and share a lot of beer....I'll give you a yell when he gets here next month. That could be a riotous evening!
Pollyanna, wait for the madsads!! Deadmeat has also promised to meet with the Madsad's for a beer (or 15)!! this could all go pearshaped very very quickly

MR MADSAD
Old Dec 17th 2004, 2:27 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ghostface
Pollyanna, wait for the madsads!! Deadmeat has also promised to meet with the Madsad's for a beer (or 15)!! this could all go pearshaped very very quickly

MR MADSAD
This could be the Expats Drinking Session that beats all! I;ve seen Proofreader when she gets into the red wine, so with me, the Madsads, and Deadmeat as well....I wonder if the bottle shops are ready for this....... :scared:
Seriously looking forward to it!
Old Dec 17th 2004, 2:34 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ProofReader

Now I see why ... you've been face-down in the photocopier again, haven't you?! I liked your last avatar better; it was cute!

S'always the way when I post anything based on my face ... it gets considerably less cute
Old Dec 17th 2004, 2:35 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
This could be the Expats Drinking Session that beats all! I;ve seen Proofreader when she gets into the red wine, so with me, the Madsads, and Deadmeat as well....I wonder if the bottle shops are ready for this....... :scared:
Seriously looking forward to it!
Aye to all that!
Old Dec 17th 2004, 2:45 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Aye to all that!
Deadmeat. D'you think I was being a bit too serious in my last post on this thread??

Who knows if the guy will log on again to see it, but I was far from happy with what he said. Felt I had to say something.

Cheers.... John...

Last edited by Scossie; Dec 17th 2004 at 2:47 pm.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 2:57 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Scossie
Deadmeat. D'you think I was being a bit too serious in my last post on this thread??

Who knows if the guy will log on again to see it, but I was far from happy with what he said. Felt I had to say something.

Cheers.... John...
Nope, you were spot-on for me ... a nice reasoned deconstruction is always welcome

You can always just type "Troll" and run away if you don't fancy the cut and thrust though, that's what I usually do

Cheers,
Matt
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:03 pm
heraldic

The way you referred to English this, and England that, leads me believe that you are either not well informed, or more likely, not very intelligent.
I'll assume that you are the latter, and haven't come to terms with the fact that the UK is made up of Scotland, England, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
The fact that you say you now live in the UK makes the fact that you don't seem to know this, even more incredible!

......Wrong! I have no problem with Scottish or Welsh ex-pats -its the hordes of English that bother me. they are the ones with the attitude I described. I never mentioned the UK or Britain.

Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:04 pm
Account Closed

......Wrong! I have no problem with Scottish or Welsh ex-pats -its the hordes of English that bother me. they are the ones with the attitude I described. I never mentioned the UK or Britain.
Any other generalisations you care to sweep while yer at it?

And learn to quote or this will get tedious fast
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:12 pm
heraldic

Funny, but what I have learned in the Uk is that the Welsh and Scottish don't like being confused with the English-and wouldnt mind shaking you off-we should too! And as i am an Anlgo-Saxon, i reserve the right to be racist against my own ethnic group.

Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:12 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Any other generalisations you care to sweep while yer at it?

And learn to quote or this will get tedious fast
Whilst we're generalising, can I add that all people from Ipswich (England)have bad hair.

Hope this helps,

Paul.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:13 pm
Home and Happy

Hmm.... half Welsh and half English, am I in favour or not?

Run out of pizza now,I'm just relaxing in the back row with wine and crisps......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.