Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi Nadine,

There was an expo late last year that we went to. Haven't heard of anything happening any time soon but you never know. Unfortunatly we won't hear anything for a while I'd say I hate waiting, I hate it Going to NY next month (without OH LOL) so that will take my mind off things for a week anyway Shop til I drop.....(only summer things tho...when we get our visa I want to be prepared ). Are you taking a holiday this year? This will be the first year we haven't had anything organized. This NY trip is my treat for my 40th Bday. God, I am getting to old for all this stress. I am sure I've seen 1 or 2 wrinkles on my forehead that weren't there 4 or 5 months ago

Helena

Yeah we were at the one in Dublin last year it was a waste of time for us we didnt think much of it except we treated Byron to coffee. I think maybe she just heading to the office then travelling up to belfast.

You are so lucky to be heading away for a week wish I was as well.
At least you can go away and try and forget the stress of waiting for news from Aus. Imagine the fun you will have spending money and getting time away from OH
Your OH's head will be turned with the kids when your away he he he

No we're not heading on holiday as we are planning on moving to Perth in May hopefully we get visa and house sold. We are planning on travelling certain areas in perth that we didnt get to the last time we were out. We hope to travel for bout three weeks before we get busy looking for jobs.

I have actually sent my CV off to some Childcare establishments today so maybe I will hear something from them sometime soon.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aus2be
Yeah we were at the one in Dublin last year it was a waste of time for us we didnt think much of it except we treated Byron to coffee. I think maybe she just heading to the office then travelling up to belfast.

You are so lucky to be heading away for a week wish I was as well.
At least you can go away and try and forget the stress of waiting for news from Aus. Imagine the fun you will have spending money and getting time away from OH
Your OH's head will be turned with the kids when your away he he he

No we're not heading on holiday as we are planning on moving to Perth in May hopefully we get visa and house sold. We are planning on travelling certain areas in perth that we didnt get to the last time we were out. We hope to travel for bout three weeks before we get busy looking for jobs.

I have actually sent my CV off to some Childcare establishments today so maybe I will hear something from them sometime soon.
OH will be only worrying about the credit card and will manage fine with the kids
Old Feb 14th 2008, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
OH will be only worrying about the credit card and will manage fine with the kids

hey you !! who do you work for (secret sqirel)
kaz
Old Feb 14th 2008, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

Originally Posted by karensoutherden
hey you !! who do you work for (secret sqirel)
kaz
dodgey spelling there have had bottle of wine while on phone to sis in oz
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

dodgey spelling there have had bottle of wine while on phone to sis in oz
i work for superquinn ever heard of them??
Old Feb 15th 2008, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
i work for superquinn ever heard of them??

NO WE HAVN'T ARE THEY LIKE TESCO?
Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Morning All!

Just received my police checks back - all clear, mine is anyway. OH had a blip in his a few years ago, but nothing to worry about (i hope ). we only visited the local police station 29th January and they came back today - so whats that? About 2 weeks - YEAH for the PSNI

But still no Full Ack

Lynn xx
Old Feb 15th 2008, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

NO WE HAVN'T ARE THEY LIKE TESCO?
More or less the same set up and same crap
Old Feb 15th 2008, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone can give me some info.
I am online out of curiosity and trying to price flights to perth ideally for May.

I seem to be having bother finding websites that fly form Dublin or Belfast City. Obv Belfast City would be the handiest airport for us but we thought that maybe Dublin would work out a little cheaper and it would also mean that we wouldnt have the airport scene of saying goodlyes to everyone before our flight

I also think that flying from Dublin is ideal because we could stay a in a hotel the night before the flight, that way we would have all our emotions over us and actually look forward to the flight.

Anyone know what hotels in Dublin are pretty close to airport?

Thanks in advance

Nadine
Old Feb 15th 2008, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about

Nadine, no help with the airport hotels, but we flew out from the city airport to London Heathrow the last time we went to Australia... it was with BMI... We found that it was pretty much the same price flying out of Dublin as Belfast, and any small savings were eliminated by having to travel and stay over. What about trying some of the student travel places for flights - they usually are pretty good for flight only deals, and you don't have to be a student to book through them. I suppose it all depends if you want particular stop-offs on the way, what price it is (it cost us more for going through Hong Kong - to see a family member - than it would have Singapore). This time around we are thinking of going via the states Angela
Old Feb 15th 2008, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by itsmylife
Nadine, no help with the airport hotels, but we flew out from the city airport to London Heathrow the last time we went to Australia... it was with BMI... We found that it was pretty much the same price flying out of Dublin as Belfast, and any small savings were eliminated by having to travel and stay over. What about trying some of the student travel places for flights - they usually are pretty good for flight only deals, and you don't have to be a student to book through them. I suppose it all depends if you want particular stop-offs on the way, what price it is (it cost us more for going through Hong Kong - to see a family member - than it would have Singapore). This time around we are thinking of going via the states Angela
Hi Angela

Thanks for the reply. I think one of the reason I havent looked at the student travel places is becasue I thought you had to be a student I will have to take a look now and see what they are offering.
We flew from Belfast city the last time we were in Aus but I think I was hoping it would be cheaper to fly from Dublin.
I actually think it will end up costing more in the end.We are looking direct flights, we are not planning on stopping off for a few days in other countries I will be to impatient and want to get to Aus.

Thanks for info

Nadine x
Old Feb 15th 2008, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about

Hi Nadine,

No idea about direct flights, we've always gone to the east coast of Australia, so always had an a stop-over in asia.

Yeah Student travel places can be good, sometimes there is no difference, but they are pretty good at getting deals, cause they are used to doing it for the backpacking student types

http://www.statravel.com/cps/rde/xch.../worldwide.htm

or

http://www.usit.ie/

are the ones we have used in the past

ooooh its very exciting starting to think about flights, I'm still waiting on my bloomin reference...

Angela
Old Feb 15th 2008, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aus2be
Hi All

I was wondering if anyone can give me some info.
I am online out of curiosity and trying to price flights to perth ideally for May.

I seem to be having bother finding websites that fly form Dublin or Belfast City. Obv Belfast City would be the handiest airport for us but we thought that maybe Dublin would work out a little cheaper and it would also mean that we wouldnt have the airport scene of saying goodlyes to everyone before our flight

I also think that flying from Dublin is ideal because we could stay a in a hotel the night before the flight, that way we would have all our emotions over us and actually look forward to the flight.

Anyone know what hotels in Dublin are pretty close to airport?

Thanks in advance

Nadine
Hiye,

We always stay at the Clarion Hotel in Dublin Airport. It's clean, modern and the staff are great. They have a shuttle bus to the Airport every 15 mins...And it is not that expensive....EUR95 for the night...

Helena
Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by helena39
Hiye,

We always stay at the Clarion Hotel in Dublin Airport. It's clean, modern and the staff are great. They have a shuttle bus to the Airport every 15 mins...And it is not that expensive....EUR95 for the night...

Helena
Hi Helena

Thanks for info. The hotel isnt to badly priced. I am jut checking online just to see what sort of price we will get flights for.

It seems at the mo that flting from Belfast is working out cheaper.

When is it you head away? In case I dont see you on here Make sure and have a great time when you are away.

Nadine
Old Feb 17th 2008, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey All

Hope everyone has been having a great weekend.
This thread has been very quiet over the weekend i'm sure it will pick up again through the week.

Just wanted to wish everyone good luck for the week ahead (who knows what it will bring)

Catch you all on soon

Nadine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.