Reload this Page >

any other folks transferring to the Aussie Navy

any other folks transferring to the Aussie Navy

Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

OddsandSods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: any other folks transferring to the Aussie Navy

Originally Posted by Josie1100
we have temporary accommodation for when we arrive at Sydney. It is 1 road back from Darling Harbour. WE have been told we are going to be based about 45 minutes commute to the barracks. How far will you be from us roughly?
Well our temp accn is in Petersham and looks very nice. By the time you guys arrive we will be in our house, wherever that will be. At the moment we have a place reserved in the Castle Hills area (Kellyville) but we're working on getting somewhere in Sutherlandshire/Cronulla.

I have contacts with other military people coming out (who I will help host) and although I will be away in Queensland on course when you arrive, I'm sure OH would love to hook up and help out as required when you get there - let us know.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by OddsandSods
Well our temp accn is in Petersham and looks very nice. By the time you guys arrive we will be in our house, wherever that will be. At the moment we have a place reserved in the Castle Hills area (Kellyville) but we're working on getting somewhere in Sutherlandshire/Cronulla.

I have contacts with other military people coming out (who I will help host) and although I will be away in Queensland on course when you arrive, I'm sure OH would love to hook up and help out as required when you get there - let us know.
Oh wow we are looking at Sutherlandshire and Cronulla. The commute from here by train looks good for hubby to get in and out to work. Somebody who moved over 6 weeks ago has just moved into a place at Sutherland or as he calls it, the Shires. 3 bedroom married quarter and says it is lovely. Who knows we could be neighbours maybe?
Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

Oh wow we are looking at Sutherlandshire and Cronulla. The commute from here by train looks good for hubby to get in and out to work. Somebody who moved over 6 weeks ago has just moved into a place at Sutherland or as he calls it, the Shires. 3 bedroom married quarter and says it is lovely. Who knows we could be neighbours maybe?
We may end up starting our own 'Little Britain'!!

Let us know if we can help with anything won't you?
Old Aug 18th 2007, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

Wooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really nice

[quote=OddsandSods;5202167]
Sarah! We're up at Yelverton and I have just left the RN - last job was at Stonehouse.
Hey OddsandSods

Think you know a girl I work with and her hubby. Mark and Sue from Bere Alston. This world is a small one! Good luck with your move down under!

Josie - you guys will be fine, those meds will be through any day now and you'll be celebrating with champagne as the stress becomes a distant memory.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

We have a meet and greet organised at 9.30am at Sydney airport on 9th November. Would be nice to get the visa's through so I might get my head around to thinking we might actually be going n:curse:

Not that I am starting to get extremely stressed now with the waiting
Old Aug 21st 2007, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Wooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really nice

We have a meet and greet organised at 9.30am at Sydney airport on 9th November. Would be nice to get the visa's through so I might get my head around to thinking we might actually be going n:curse:

Not that I am starting to get extremely stressed now with the waiting

Well..... we have the visa but no meet and greet or accomodation through yet! Have now deferred the dogs flight as we can't be sure we'll have any where to live when we get there! OMG 6 weeks today and we're off (need to get my arse in gear and sort things out!)

It's never easy is it! Let's hope this time next year we can look back and smile!

Still no reply from LUC yet then Tammy? Tell them he's due to join the RAN in 6 weeks time, maybe that will speed them up?

My fingers are still crossed for you, bet you're knackered getting up early every day. Is there any wine left in your local????/

You will get there in the end, that's what we were told and it did happen.

Chin up girl!

Kate
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Hi Guys,

Been a few days since I logged in hence no replies! Wooders, I think you're right - it is a small world!! It took us some prompting with the OAS people to get confirmation of our temp accn and hire car so you may want to prod them a bit!!

Josie, how long have you been waiting for your visas? Fingers are crossed for you!

Good luck to you all.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still alive here - just thought I'd say Hi to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STRESSED LIKE YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cleaning and power washing all of the camping stuff and shoes/ wellies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removals in 1 week - Move out of Quarter on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!! Leave Plymouth 2nd September - UK on the 3rd - Dog flies tomorrow

She failed first blood test and the second came back with the same result, so all is well with her stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, must go......with give updates when I can get the broom out of my botty!!!!! It's starting to chafe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:curse:

Me xx
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OddsandSods
Hi Guys,

Been a few days since I logged in hence no replies! Wooders, I think you're right - it is a small world!! It took us some prompting with the OAS people to get confirmation of our temp accn and hire car so you may want to prod them a bit!!

Josie, how long have you been waiting for your visas? Fingers are crossed for you!

Good luck to you all.
Week 8....not that I am counting
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nev_n_angie
HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still alive here - just thought I'd say Hi to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STRESSED LIKE YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cleaning and power washing all of the camping stuff and shoes/ wellies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removals in 1 week - Move out of Quarter on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!! Leave Plymouth 2nd September - UK on the 3rd - Dog flies tomorrow

She failed first blood test and the second came back with the same result, so all is well with her stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, must go......with give updates when I can get the broom out of my botty!!!!! It's starting to chafe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:curse:

Me xx
The missing lady has been located

Looking forward to seeing my surrogate mum (Angie) on Sunday at your leaving do. I can't believe it has all come around so quick. I think by the sounds of things, business class is going to be rocking on that flight. There are only going to be a few of us left once that flight takes off!!!

Are we the only ones without Visa's now

Last edited by Josie1100; Aug 21st 2007 at 11:53 am.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

littlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nice

Hi All

Sorry to hear your still waiting Tammy if you've got a co send them an email telling hubbys enlistment date that's what we did in he end and the visa came through straight away.

Kate - Paul has seen a signal detailing your arrival and requesting accommodation and meet and greet so they know you're on the way over.

Angie - still running around like a headless chicken!! You'll soon be sat on that plane and enjoying business class service.

Nicky x
Old Aug 21st 2007, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all

[QUOTE=OddsandSods;5201959]
Hey Josie, when do you fly out? We go through the High Commission on 3 Sep en route to Sydney.
Hiya

Got Joining Instructions - 3rd September - should see you there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old Aug 21st 2007, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by littlenick
Hi All

Sorry to hear your still waiting Tammy if you've got a co send them an email telling hubbys enlistment date that's what we did in he end and the visa came through straight away.

Kate - Paul has seen a signal detailing your arrival and requesting accommodation and meet and greet so they know you're on the way over.

Angie - still running around like a headless chicken!! You'll soon be sat on that plane and enjoying business class service.

Nicky x
Cheers for this information Nicky - very reassuring to know they have us on the wanted list!!!!! That makes it well and truly real now, no going back! (not that we want to!)

Hope things are good for you guys can't wait to meet you and Jan after all this time.

See you all soon.

Tammy - that visa is coming...... Honest! - surely all the students are done now that means they should be doing yours xxxxxxxx Totally agree with Nicky we told LUC we had a deadline as Mike was joining the RAN, the visa came the next week.

Good luck to Angie - and if you want a holiday in Perth you can come to visit us all!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of

Got the house sorted from DHA one less thing to worry about . Adam won his court case so a good day again .
Kate ill send you the photos and nick can you go and have a look for us .Ill send you the details.
All keep smiling janet xx
Old Aug 21st 2007, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by janet66
Got the house sorted from DHA one less thing to worry about . Adam won his court case so a good day again .
Kate ill send you the photos and nick can you go and have a look for us .Ill send you the details.
All keep smiling janet xx
Well done on getting your house sorted and to Adam on winning at court

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.