we want to come over!!

Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:14 am
Just Joined

kellymarie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default we want to come over!!

hi everyone, we have just started using this site, and i must say its excellent! anyway to the point, me and my partner are looking at coming over within 3 years, my mum and dad too are moving over in three years, but just wanted some ace advice, on here people are saying it can take quite along time to get your replys and visa from tra, i dont know whether thats just hairdressers in general, as my parents have friends that applied and were over within the same year! anyway, i'm a hairdresser fully qualified in all aspects, have been doing it 7 years inc training. obviolsly i will have more experience when i come over, i havent even been on holiday over there yet! i dont want to because i know i wont come home!!but i'm unsure as to how to get the ball rolling?! do i need to do this test that i've read everyone mentioning? theory and practical? should i start gettng things ready now with the visa etc. or should i wait closer the time? also i have a daughterof 5, and what do i have to do to get her in? anyhelp would be great. thanks
Old Feb 16th 2007, 3:18 pm
a bit nearer

darendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nice
Default Re: we want to come over!!

hi kelly, we are in the same boat, we would like to come over sooner but oh
hasn't done hair for a few years due to me running my own business and donna unfortunatly having to stay at home to look after the two tykes!
so she has to work for a year to get recent job experience to qualify. we have now bought an old shop locally (which i'll renovate) and then we'll set up in business , and after a year we can put in for our visas. hopefully if the shop takes off( it should do because she is pretty good ,although i wouldn't tell her ) we will rent it out from aus or sell.
but if your'e not going for 3 years i would put in for your visas maybe this time next year, as i'm told it will take about a year.
darren
Old Feb 16th 2007, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

kellymarie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by darendon
hi kelly, we are in the same boat, we would like to come over sooner but oh
hasn't done hair for a few years due to me running my own business and donna unfortunatly having to stay at home to look after the two tykes!
so she has to work for a year to get recent job experience to qualify. we have now bought an old shop locally (which i'll renovate) and then we'll set up in business , and after a year we can put in for our visas. hopefully if the shop takes off( it should do because she is pretty good ,although i wouldn't tell her ) we will rent it out from aus or sell.
but if your'e not going for 3 years i would put in for your visas maybe this time next year, as i'm told it will take about a year.
darren
hi, goodluck on the shop, your partner can do the tra (trade recognition australia) i have to do one of these before i even apply for my visa. thy have to be done in oz to! so im told! but i have been in hair since i left school, and i really cant wait to get over there. hairdressers are on the demand list. my parents are hopefully going out there too, better quality of life! my daughter has just been on a three week holiday in queensland, she loves it, so she will be delighted when we leave. but hey, good luck with every thing, and stay in touch. kelly
Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

sarah0405 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kelly, yes it was a while ago you posted your message! But if its any help, i came to Perth for an interview in August 05, got the job on a sponsored visa and was here 11 weeks later, all paperwork and visa for me 2 kids and hubby was done by the company, or though before you think this sounds too good, no they didnt pay for our flights.....unfortunatley! Nearly at the end of my 2 years and the company will be lodging our application for permanent residency next month, easy as that, although i've worked bloody hard for 2 years and i'm basically their property till i'm a resident, but its worth it, good luck, sarah