U.K Pharmacist

Old Mar 8th 2008, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

sunilpatel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default U.K Pharmacist

Hi all,

My first post!

I hope there is a Pharmacist out there who has experience of skills assessment and visa application after Sept 07. (APEC)
I would be grateful if a kind individual in cyberspace can answer these questions PLEASE.

1.What is the procedure / format , are there any exams to take for UK pharmacist skills assessment.

2.Does a British born and practising Pharmacist need to do the IELTS.
Read if UK Passport holder there is no need for English exam.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all
Default Re: U.K Pharmacist

If your asking about Canada there are two steps you have to go through, the first one is to obtain PEBC certification and the second is to obtain license from regulatory body, PEBC require you to pass two exams the first is the evaluating exam (EE) is held in London so you may wish to start there, once passed you can take the qualifying exam which is usually easy if you have experience in community, this exam is only held in Canada and contains two parts one is written (MCQ) and one is oral (OSCE), but you can take the two parts together (same week), now the next step involves the regulatory body which varies from province to another, you have to register with the relevant college of pharmacist, they will require internship (period varies, 3 months in BC) , English language and jurisprudence exam before obtaining license.
for the language requirement, at least in BC they require the IELTS from all applicants not graduated from Canada or US, I know its ridiculous but its no big deal anyway. if you want to come on work permit before obtaining license you can come as a pharmacy intern soon after passing EE and English, you would be eligible for internship at least in BC and Alberta, but the problem will be that you need a sponsor and most employers will take advantage of this and tie you in a contract for like 2 years to work with them in places where there is high shortage once you obtain your license (usually takes 6 months or so after EE if started internship straight away), and pharmacists in BC and AB are eligible for E-LMO so work permit should not take too long.

Last edited by Ibraheem; Mar 16th 2008 at 7:32 pm.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 8:34 am
Just Joined

sunilpatel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: U.K Pharmacist

thanks so much. I am sure reply will help many people. Unfortunately it was Australia i was enquiring about.

Sunil