TRA Assessment advice??

Old Oct 17th 2004, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

netandneil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TRA Assessment advice??

Hi, am new to the forum and looking for a bit of advice??!!

My husband is just looking into getting his skills assessed by the TRA, however we are unsure on whether his up to date experience will be sufficient from their point of view. He is a fully qualified Motorcycle Mechanic (City & Guilds NVQ III) (60 points on the occupation list). He has been working on bikes since the age of 15, however he is only just going back full time in the trade, having been working as a drugs counsellor (also on the recognised occupation list, but no formal qualifications) for the last 2-3 years. During this time though he has also been working part time as a mechanic in a motorcycle garage and has also been working at home on his own customer's bikes in his own time. Prior to this he had 3-4 years experience actually working in the trade.

We would be able to get testimonials from his private clients (including one who is a Solicitor) but unfortunately, of course, there would be no wage slips or formal employer reference for this. His previous employer and the current part time employer would be able to supply references though and he will shortly be working back in the trade again.

Just wondering whether the TRA would recognise the testimonials as evidence of the up to date/recent experience (??), or whether he would need to work back in the trade for the next 12 months or so first??!!

(Pleased to say though that we have found that Mechanics have just gone on the 'on demand' list, which has given us some encouragement!)
Old Oct 17th 2004, 2:57 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA Assessment advice??

You've asked the question on the wrong forum - try the Australia immigration forum, more chance of an answer there.

Jeremy

Originally Posted by netandneil
Hi, am new to the forum and looking for a bit of advice??!!
Old Oct 17th 2004, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

netandneil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TRA Assessment advice??

Originally Posted by JAJ
You've asked the question on the wrong forum - try the Australia immigration forum, more chance of an answer there.

Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy.....I realised after I'd put the question in...whoops!! New to this I'm afraid. Cheers anyway.

Netandneil