Skills Assesment

Old Oct 20th 2006, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

jamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nice
Default Skills Assesment

Hi Anyone Know Exactly Whats Needed For 136 Skills Assessment
For Self Employed Hairdresser /hairdresser Teacher Who Has Got Her Own Business At The Moment In The Uk Also Is There A Shortage Of Hairdressers In Queensland Thanks
Old Oct 21st 2006, 12:33 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skills Assesment

Originally Posted by jamesflorraine
Hi Anyone Know Exactly Whats Needed For 136 Skills Assessment
For Self Employed Hairdresser /hairdresser Teacher Who Has Got Her Own Business At The Moment In The Uk Also Is There A Shortage Of Hairdressers In Queensland Thanks
You will need to fill out a form with all the details of your day to day job. The forms can be downloaded from the DIMIA web site. You will also need proof of you employment such as letters from suppliers, tax returns etc. Also all of your qualification certificates etc.#

Don't know about Queensland but my boss struggles to find decent hairdressers here in Melbourne.........
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

There will always be work for good haidressers in Queensland

I get asked if i know of any nearly everyday in Brisvegasshire
Old Dec 9th 2006, 11:46 pm
captain

captaingriff is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there all,
i have my own business and finding decent hairdressers is almost impossible so every time i get a call from english hairdressers im interested cos the training in england is so much higher ( i was a hairdressing teacher for 7 yrs in uk college).
always jobs for good hairdressers im in queensland brisbane but soooo many hairdressers ahhhh.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

jamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nice

Originally Posted by captaingriff
hi there all,
i have my own business and finding decent hairdressers is almost impossible so every time i get a call from english hairdressers im interested cos the training in england is so much higher ( i was a hairdressing teacher for 7 yrs in uk college).
always jobs for good hairdressers im in queensland brisbane but soooo many hairdressers ahhhh.

hi thanks for your info. i have been a unisex hairdresser for 27 years , owning my own salon and also a mobile hairdresser over this period ,i am just waiting for my tra assessment to be approved i also have a teachers 7307 city and guilds qualifacation do you think i will do o.k. any advice would be super I FEEL THAT I STILL HAVE ALOT TO OFFER IN OZ! thanks lorraine x.
Old Dec 11th 2006, 2:42 am
captain

hi lorraine
i too have been hairdressing for 20yrs and have cert ed through greenwich uni and im an assessor and internal verifyer and i thought great il get into teaching over in oz but i was very dissapointed when i got here. they almost seemed to disregard my teaching qualifications. people are almost afraid that you will be better than them so not take you on (in teaching) everyone seems quite happy just to tick along doing the same old same old. if you saw the quality of the students work here that has been assessed and passed you would have, like me, total frustration in the quality of hairdressing. the difference here is that hairdressing is viewed as a trade here and not a profession like in uk. but saying all that i wouldnt go back as much as i loved my job there i love living in oz
Old Dec 12th 2006, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Skills Assesment to dima

hi captain its lorraine again i am just waiting for my tra application results, do you know how in depth the dima forms are, or are they similar to the tra forms.
or can you tell me what extra information is required for a dima application thanks jamesflorraine
Old Dec 13th 2006, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Louiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to behold

If your skills are of a higher standard than those around you in Australia surely you will be building a huge clientele, therefore your better skills will get you a better name as a stylist etc? I am an Irish trained stylist living in London and for the 13 years I have lived here have been HORRIFIED at the standard here and the training. However I have used this to my advantage and have a very loyal clientele. If the standard is worse in Australia than England I just dont want to think what they are doing out there, must be a nightmare for your but as a senior stylist you can get yor clients around to your way of thinking and make a big name for your self
Best of luck
Louise
Old Dec 14th 2006, 2:45 am
captain

hi louise
In every country there are good and bad hairdressers, Iv met alot of both in alot of places.
I have a huge clientelle and am booked in advance and that is fantastic but that actually wasnt my point. What im getting at is the fact that all the training people put in to advance their skills and im upset that the colleges (tafes) here almost dont want to see anyone trying to progress in their own training they want to keep it all just as it is as if there is no need for progression in which you must know the hairdressing industry is contiuously moving forward, whereas in the uk the harder you work/study the better you will be rewarded either in pay or the achievement of a better job.
thanks

Last edited by captaingriff; Dec 14th 2006 at 3:01 am.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 10:49 pm
jan
classy clipper

jan will become famous soon enoughjan will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by captaingriff
hi louise
In every country there are good and bad hairdressers, Iv met alot of both in alot of places.
I have a huge clientelle and am booked in advance and that is fantastic but that actually wasnt my point. What im getting at is the fact that all the training people put in to advance their skills and im upset that the colleges (tafes) here almost dont want to see anyone trying to progress in their own training they want to keep it all just as it is as if there is no need for progression in which you must know the hairdressing industry is contiuously moving forward, whereas in the uk the harder you work/study the better you will be rewarded either in pay or the achievement of a better job.
thanks
Bxxxxxxks
The harder you work/study bit. I have been in the game for 30 years worked in small and large salons, Session work,management,training,etc. Had exp.in New york & Los Angeles and London and its the same the world over Face fits,Lucky break,Good looking,Personality,Image,Who you know etc Those in my opinion are the main reasons for top earners.I have seen it time and again good solid grafters paid crap money with little appreciation and others some even so called celebrity stylists coining it in.And as for Training that is subjective i was once disqualified in a competition 1982 for using thinning scissors to achieve a look! Now anything goes it seems Chopping great chunks out! Chipping to death.etc.Some hair i have seen so called put up! looks dreadfull (my opinion,scurfed up) BUT i guess i may be seen as an old Hairdresser.One other point AGAIN my opinion most teachers at college could not make it on the floor,Whenever i have asked where they have worked turns out mostly to be a Crap shop called woodheads,celias,clip this ,clip that.or some other Naff outfit. The best place to learn is the shop floor. (my opinion) COLLEGE o.k. for the papers but at the end of the day,Its what you can do,not a little piece of paper saying what you can do.Another miconception is practice makes perfect .Crap. Perfect practice makes perfect.Any way i am now off to practice
Old Dec 28th 2006, 2:33 am
captain

Wink Re: Skills Assesment

hi ya,
so your off to practice (after 30yrs hmmm)?
your post made me laugh, i have to agree at some points. for this industry you need to have a flair, passion call it whatever you like but you gotta love it. that debate on whether college or salon training is best well iv seen some fantastic hairdressing students at college that really have what it takes and iv seen the same in an industry apprenticeship but iv also seen alot of employers take advantage of apprentices and this doesn't happen at college. yes its only a piece of paper to say your qualified but HEY [U]thats what states we are qualified[/U] we need it.
oh and i disagree about the qualification/study bit. where i worked you were rewarded and it made you feel that you achieved something. iv been offered a number of jobs because of study nothing to do with face etc but to do with knowledge and experience. I'm also a makeup artist and worked on magazines etc and yes thats where its face fits and knowing somebody etc a cut throat industry.
anyway have fun practicing i enjoyed your post thanks.
you sound so uptight, relax.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 11:22 pm
jan
classy clipper

Just for the record, if you read my reply you will notice a That is what i was about to practice.durgh!! I think you may have had too many yourself As for your silly comments re- my being uptight need to relax. I dont need to respond to make you look silly,you managed that a least on your own.On reading your posts purely my opinion you do appear to be a bigot No need for any more nonsense p.m.'s relax have a
Glad you are amused by my posts.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 12:39 am
captain

I bet you would be great to work for you sound like you'd be a great laugh Your so rude,and sound so unprofessional, go and have another beer!!!! I wont even stoop to your level bye bye
Old Jan 1st 2007, 5:29 pm
jan
classy clipper

Stoop to my level. A bit late for that Junior You have ! As for anyone working for me and how i might be unprofessional etc. How has that comeabout , after all i am not the one with the staff problem.Lol ! Maybe you are a shrink aswell (Working out my personality so well from just two posts.) I think you have been out in the sun too long junior
Anyway i hope you are not too At being a subordinate.
You are not the first and wont be the last to make a fool of yourself.
And if it makes you feel good and you have to have the last word be my guest. It amuses!
However no one will think any less of you if you dont say another word.

Last edited by jan; Jan 1st 2007 at 5:48 pm. Reason: Removed any words that could upset the Captain.lol.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 10:21 pm
captain

He He I got you riled didnt I!!!!! Funny you should say about the psychology bit because yes I did psychology during my educational degree

But sadly I think most people have worked out what your like just from reading your negative post you dont need to be a psychologist to see your miserable but you have given me a good laugh. dont bother replying I dont want to talk to you anymore your too rude.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.