Real Estate Agents

Old Feb 2nd 2007, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future
Default Real Estate Agents

Can anybody out there tell me what sort of money you could expect to earn selling real estate in oz. What is the basic salary and commission structure like.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 5:48 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Real Estate Agents

Originally Posted by chrisandvee
Can anybody out there tell me what sort of money you could expect to earn selling real estate in oz. What is the basic salary and commission structure like.
From what I have seen, you have to pass examinations to get started and then you can forget a 'Basic Salary'!!

Commission only!
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

Is there decent money to be earnt in it? What is the commission structure any ideas?
Old Feb 4th 2007, 1:33 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chrisandvee
Is there decent money to be earnt in it? What is the commission structure any ideas?
Sorry, no idea!

I briefly looked into it, then binned the idea very quickly. I like a guaranteed wage at the end of the week myself.

I guess it's like any other sales job though, work your bollox off and you may just do OK!
Old Aug 12th 2007, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Sorry, no idea!

I briefly looked into it, then binned the idea very quickly. I like a guaranteed wage at the end of the week myself.

I guess it's like any other sales job though, work your bollox off and you may just do OK!
It can be quite lucrative............ on the other hand it can be very frustrating and quite costly especially during the lean times.

I've been doing it for the last 10 years with no previous sales experience whatsoever. I love it and i wish I had started 10 years sooner.

It takes time to get established.............. it interferes with family life and weekends are tied up as are most evenings. If you are prepared to put a lot of effort into it.............. it will be very lucrative. It's like anything else i guess......... expect to get out of it what you put into it? I'm not a high flyer by any stretch of the imagination............. but we do okay.

Expect to get stabbed in the back frequently.............. expect to cop a fair bit of abuse; especially on this site from punters who i guess have been stitched up at one time or another by shonky real estate agents. Unfortunately we all get tarred with the same brush which is a pity. Also; expect to come across a lot of idiots from all walks of life on a daily basis as you try and go about your duty.

On the good side.............. we do meet a lot of really nice people who become long-time friends once we have helped put them right re the legal minefield that is real estate in WA. I get a buzz out of helping people make the right decision re their investment............. while i make good money myself at the same time?

I was on the DOLE prior to getting in real estate; and i drove around in an old banger of a van. We now have 5 cars and i drive around in a Jag. We own outright property worth over $2.0 million; and we have recently invested in a 10 acre block of land which will be my pension long term. Would we have been in this position if i didn't work in real estate? The answer is a definite NO!!!

For 9 years it was strictly commission only......... nowadays the system in WA has changed somewhat. Reps now get a salary (or at least they are supposed to)............ I've heard the upfront salary gets taken off their commission later on................ not sure if that is 100% true though?

I am the Principal/Licensee of my own real estate agency here in WA.

Hope that puts you in the picture?

Good luck.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

princess275 is an unknown quantity at this point

Getting into property selling can be lucrative in any part of the world. Selling property will always be a requirement so it is worth getting a foothold in the door, even though it may mean starting slow at the begining. The rewards on the long run are good though.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

shorty0383 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bobcat
It can be quite lucrative............ on the other hand it can be very frustrating and quite costly especially during the lean times.

I've been doing it for the last 10 years with no previous sales experience whatsoever. I love it and i wish I had started 10 years sooner.

It takes time to get established.............. it interferes with family life and weekends are tied up as are most evenings. If you are prepared to put a lot of effort into it.............. it will be very lucrative. It's like anything else i guess......... expect to get out of it what you put into it? I'm not a high flyer by any stretch of the imagination............. but we do okay.

Expect to get stabbed in the back frequently.............. expect to cop a fair bit of abuse; especially on this site from punters who i guess have been stitched up at one time or another by shonky real estate agents. Unfortunately we all get tarred with the same brush which is a pity. Also; expect to come across a lot of idiots from all walks of life on a daily basis as you try and go about your duty.

On the good side.............. we do meet a lot of really nice people who become long-time friends once we have helped put them right re the legal minefield that is real estate in WA. I get a buzz out of helping people make the right decision re their investment............. while i make good money myself at the same time?

I was on the DOLE prior to getting in real estate; and i drove around in an old banger of a van. We now have 5 cars and i drive around in a Jag. We own outright property worth over $2.0 million; and we have recently invested in a 10 acre block of land which will be my pension long term. Would we have been in this position if i didn't work in real estate? The answer is a definite NO!!!

For 9 years it was strictly commission only......... nowadays the system in WA has changed somewhat. Reps now get a salary (or at least they are supposed to)............ I've heard the upfront salary gets taken off their commission later on................ not sure if that is 100% true though?

I am the Principal/Licensee of my own real estate agency here in WA.

Hope that puts you in the picture?

Good luck.
Hi there,
I am currently working as an Estate Agent in the UK and am looking to move to Melbourne in the not so distant future. I really enjoy my job (the highs and the lows, believe it or not!) and I would like to continue to work in real estate once I am in Australia. My only problem is that i have no idea as to how to go about it all. From Visa websites through to having to be qualified in real estate, i just need pointing in the right direction and would appreciate it if someone could help me out?!?
Many thanks!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

AudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really nice

Originally Posted by shorty0383
Hi there,
I am currently working as an Estate Agent in the UK and am looking to move to Melbourne in the not so distant future. I really enjoy my job (the highs and the lows, believe it or not!) and I would like to continue to work in real estate once I am in Australia. My only problem is that i have no idea as to how to go about it all. From Visa websites through to having to be qualified in real estate, i just need pointing in the right direction and would appreciate it if someone could help me out?!?
Many thanks!
We are living in SA, and my husband who has his own business (although it's in the motor industry - wholesale and retail) has just started an Estate Agents course (Remax), as he'd like to have a career change. We are hoping to move to Scotland by the end of this year, and I was wondering if anyone has an idea if it's easy to find employment in this field, he will be qualified and have a bit of experience behind him by the time we arrive, and he's the type of person that could sell sand to an arab.