Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Paramedics/Techs moved from UK to USA

Paramedics/Techs moved from UK to USA

Old May 7th 2007, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

paddy489 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Paramedics/Techs moved from UK to USA

Hello there, Just wondered if anyone has done the move from UK to USA. If so how did they find it and what stumbling blocks did they come across with their Quals?
Slainte
Paddy (EMAS RRV)
Old May 9th 2007, 3:42 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paramedics/Techs moved from UK to USA

can't help specificially, but you might want to PM Old William, he's back in the UK, but he was a cop that moved to the US to be an EMT type jobby....though I think it's pretty state specific...quite a few nurses in the US forums too that might have an idea.
Old May 9th 2007, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

paddy489 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bob,
many thanks for your reply. Currently out in the Arabian Gulf on active duty so can only get on the net once in awhile. i will drop him aline as soon as I get the chance.

Slainte

Paddy
Old Jul 20th 2007, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Manicmedic999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi i am trying for the quals in Minnesota but they want every piece of training paperwork from when i first joined before allowing me to take NREMT exam.
But the good news is that the local Ambulance services are willing to sponsor the H1B visa.

Good luck
Old Jul 20th 2007, 4:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manicmedic999
Hi i am trying for the quals in Minnesota but they want every piece of training paperwork from when i first joined before allowing me to take NREMT exam.
But the good news is that the local Ambulance services are willing to sponsor the H1B visa.

Good luck
even with the massive price hike coming up in the next few days? and knowing that they can't apply for the visa till next april for that oct start?...that's cool, good luck.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

salukie is an unknown quantity at this point

Any updated info on paramedics moving to the usa would be most welcome .
Salukie